Gran Turismo 2 - AI Time Trials

• Thread starter Munckeyz
  • 14 comments
England
England
Munckeyz
I'm currently in the process of running the AI (with an autopilot code) around every track in every car in the game. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm just posting a thread here in case anyone else is interested in this.

The cars are all stock, but if I could somehow get an online database up, perhaps you guys could submit your modified cars to me and I'll have the AI run them around all the tracks (or specific tracks if you prefer), etc.

Could come up with an overall leaderboard of times, then individual leaderboards for each car on each track, to see who has the biggest improvement over stock, stuff like that. The only problem is I have no idea how to host an online leaderboard like this.

This is just an idea, but I feel like it could be interesting. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
There are - only found some for PAL though. Exists for GT1 and GT4 too, so could maybe do leaderboards for those as well :)

Last edited:
Time trial times for all cars already exist for GT4 and some people are currently doing it for GT6. I strongly encourage this, especially if you're going to give the highest priority to cars that doesn't exist on other games in the series - I'm sure people would love to see how, for instance, Vector M12 or Daihatsu Opti stack up against other, common for the series cars of their class. :)

As with regard to the online leaderboard, you can make the list in Excel file and submit it here for download or post all times in your first post directly.

Well, the idea was to have time trials from every car at stock level, I guess for a benchmark, but also to see which cars the AI drives best at stock. Then people could submit a tune set-up for any car they wanted, and I'll run the tuned car around all the tracks and compile the times like that.

Whatever you do, it will be useful as GT2 forum doesn't feature much information regarding cars's performances on time trials. :)

Thanks for the support! :) Also I would prefer a web database of some kind, though I'm not sure of how easy it would be set up and/or if it would cost me any money, which I don't have, lol

^^ "PS1 is rare as reliable Fiat!" haha *hi-5*
I could do this SSR11 test as I have the game.
Much more addicted to GT2 though.

SSR11 why'd you leave us...sigh.

I can run the AI around SSR11 too -- it's just harder to have access to all the cars in GT1 since there is no buy any car code like there is for GT2.

So, where do I post my settings?

I'm currently working on an AE 86...
It drifts well in most maps except those with loooong straights (cus they got high speed corners) and those with crappy tight corners (i.e. Trial Mountain)

I based it on the Grindelwald map ;)

I have Gran Turismo 2 (1.2 NTSC)
I'm not an expert but I can make the AI drift ;P

I can run the AI around SSR11 too -- it's just harder to have access to all the cars in GT1 since there is no buy any car code like there is for GT2.
I can make a GS code for that if you want. It's pretty simple since the game's RAM allocation has a DB in it with all the cars code.

is it possible to change the tires the enemy cars use?
what are the codes for
simulation tires
normal
sports
hard
medium
soft
supersoft and
dirt?
i wanna make the ai drift too and not bump me... cpu cars are r00d

btw my AE86 is stuck with 6th place in tahiti race... and my supra rz couldn't beat the 2nd "sunday race"...
drifting isn't the fastest...

I have Gran Turismo 2 (1.2 NTSC)
I'm not an expert but I can make the AI drift ;P

Back