Gran Turismo 2 Walkthrough

United States
United States
Hey, what's up guys! Here is a nearly complete guide on what to use on tracks and when! This guide presents the steps I took to complete the game. THIS IS AN INCOMPLETE GUIDE! I will come back from time to time to edit and add.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

a: Getting Started
  1. First Car
  2. Licenses
  3. Racing Preface
  4. Sunday Cup - Your first Championship

a: Getting Started

To get started, load up your Gran Turismo 2 game on your system. Plug in your controller and select Simulation Mode. If you don't know what Simulation Mode is, it is the game mode Gran Turismo provides to give a real feel for the racing, tuning, and currency.

You will start on a map containing various icons. These icons are:
  • Home - allows you to view your Garage (stored cars, see First Car), view your progress for the game, and licensed and sponsor credits for Polyphony Digital.
  • GO RACE - see Racing Preface.
  • East City - Japan car dealers.
  • West City - German and Italian car dealers.
  • North City - British and French car dealers.
  • South City - American car dealers.
  • Wheel Shop - allows you to change the selected car's wheels.
  • Car Wash - washes your car to make it all sparkly again.
  • Machine Test - gives you a preface for a variety of testing courses to measure your car's performance.
  • License Center - allows you to obtain licenses, varying by grade.
1. First Car

Like I stated, this is how I began GT2. To start, you are given 10,000 Cr. Click on East City, and go to Toyota Dealers. Then select USED CARS, and scroll down until you find a Supra Turbo (R) '93, or something related. They have a wide selection over the same models, differing in color, statistics, horsepower, and of course, price. Buy one that remains within the 10,000 Cr. price range. Congratulations! You have successfully bought your FIRST CAR! If you have any money left over, exit out of USED CARS and select TUNE. If you have enough money, click on the categories of your car to buy upgrades to your car. NOTE: Upgrades effect your cars power, weight, handling, control, and basically everything having to do with your performance, for better or for worse. So be creative with what you have, and experiment! If it doesn't feel right, then try something else. But, you will have to learn how to drive your car.

2. Licenses

Ok, now that you havse Test. Select the B-License button and select the first test. I will later post a license guide, also. Complete all of te bought your first car, exit out of East City entirely. Return to the Main Menu and select License Center. If you are an experienced Gran Turismo driver, these should be rather easily completed. If you have never played Gran Turismo or are a little rusty, then you may struggle the farther on you go. Start off with the B-Licenhe B-License tests, and then save afterwards. Now, move onto the A-License. Do the same for the B-License and keep progressing. DO NOT GO ON INTO THE SUPER LICENSE! No races will require you to obtain a Super License.

Latest Posts

Back