Gran Turismo 4 Any% Speedrun

New Zealand
New Zealand
I routed this a week or two ago but got around to doing the full run the other day. We held off from doing later GTs cause of how long they are, but after GT3 was routed, I was tempted to do GT4 as well. Was hoping for 8 hours but ended up being a bit longer.

Professional events were mostly done first for the money and Cadillac Cien was the first thing after licenses, and a little grinding session for the Chaparral 2J for GTWC. It'd be faster if Missions #30 - 34 were done for the R89C instead of Cien/2J, but I've never passed #34, so I held off from it.

Streamed on Twitch but also uploaded local recording to Youtube cause the stream had massive frame dropping.

Also a meme from this run too:

leagqBK.jpg

I routed this a week or two ago but got around to doing the full run the other day. We held off from doing later GTs cause of how long they are, but after GT3 was routed, I was tempted to do GT4 as well. Was hoping for 8 hours but ended up being a bit longer.

Professional events were mostly done first for the money and Cadillac Cien was the first thing after licenses, and a little grinding session for the Chaparral 2J for GTWC. It'd be faster if Missions #30 - 34 were done for the R89C instead of Cien/2J, but I've never passed #34, so I held off from it.

Streamed on Twitch but also uploaded local recording to Youtube cause the stream had massive frame dropping.

Also a meme from this run too:

leagqBK.jpg

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun ;)
A speedrun is a play-through (or a recording thereof) of a video game performed with the intention of completing a goal as fast as possible, most often to complete the game. Speedruns may cover a whole game or a selected part (such as a single level) and may impose additional requirements beyond quick completion. They are mainly attempted for the purposes of challenge, entertainment and competition.

Thanks, I guess that helps a little; but things like "GT3 was routed..."?
Routing means planning everything within the run; in this case, which cars to use, what order to complete races in etc. etc.

You obviously wanna have notes about them so you remember and can do the run as fast as possible.

Games that are more straight-forward have no routes though.

Back