Gran Turismo 4 - Blitz Info ?

• Thread starter PS2 GT4
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
While going through and taking photos of my garage, I couldn't help but notice something strange about the right side of my "Blitz ER34 D1 Spec '04". I've been researching this car, but all I can find about it is... that it's a exceptional drift car and some other general info etc.

My question is why is there not much info on the "Reverse Lettering On The Right Side Of This Car" I certainly don't wanna take any credit for any discovery that has been already documented, even slightly. I just can't seem to find a discussion anywhere about the reverse promotion lettering on the car. Hmmmmm ?

26_zps1ngsn392.jpg
27_zpsssfurm7k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info... My grandson and I just wanted to know, that's all... We thought it might have been a joke in the game... Anyway, we just found info searching about actual "Real" Japan Drift Cars... so, I'll quote from the site we found for those that also may not know...

"I remember someone asking sometime ago why the decals on Japanese Cars,especially D1 Machines are reversed or mirrored...well i dont think i replied to the topic but here is the answer:

Drift cars in Japan sometimes have their graphics reversed on one side of the drift car in hopes of improving balance. Perhaps no aspect of drifting is more important than balance and Japanese drifters take that idea to heart.

The idea that placement and arrangement of space will achieve harmony with the environment comes from an ancient Chinese practice called Feng Shui or “Kan-Yu,” that means “The Law of Heaven and Earth.” Like Yin and Yang, when a drift car’s graphics mirror one another, in theory, it improves polarity and energy flow.

Drift cars are works of art and the paint scheme can really show off a drifter’s personality or showcase a sponsor’s style. Before you look under the hood, you can get a feeling for what a drift car is about. With all the work put into tuning a drift car mechanically, it makes sense that extra thought is put into the paint and graphics. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Back