Gran Turismo 4 - How to Start Great

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
Gran Turismo as a series is hard. So, how do you start well? For GT4, I think I got it.
Step 1: Play GT4P and GT3. For GT4P, you can import licenses - pass the first two sections and you'll have your A and B license (this is needed to use my Start Great tutorial). And in GT3, have at least 100,000CR., as you can import it.

Activate your licenses and import you 100, 000CR. You are ready to continue.
Step 2: Buy an expensive car (with at least 276BHP) in the Late 90's dealership. I bought a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7. Use the money left from the original 110, 000CR to tune it (do not fit racing tires). I added NOS, lightened it, added a Stage 2 turbo, and got a racing chip. Look for bargains, as sometimes you'll get a whole lot more power for a lot less money.

Step 3: Complete the Sunday Cup. It's easy and quick (especially with B-Spec).
Step 4: With your A license, play the Umbria Rally and Capri Rally. You'll get a Cadillac CIEN for the first one and an RSC Rally Car for the second.

Step 5: Sell the RSC or win it again and sell it (it's a great car). You'll get 250, 000CR for it. Repeat this step to earn alot of money.

Step 6: Keep the CIEN as it is great and is a good car to tune. Mine currently has 900BHP. Use it for other races. Use the money 'cheat' to buy cars to enter events, and tune them to their full potential. Add NOS as an extra boost when needed.

Within a small amount of time, you would have completed the beginner events, which is where I am at this current day.

Last edited:
slow.gif

:P

I'm pretty sure this is well known. 👍

Gran Turismo as a series is hard. So, how do you start well? For GT4, I think I got it.
Step 1: Play GT4P and GT3. For GT4P, you can import licenses - pass the first two sections and you'll have your A and B license (this is needed to use my Start Great tutorial). And in GT3, have at least 100,000CR., as you can import it.

Activate your licenses and import you 100, 000CR. You are ready to continue.
Step 2: Buy an expensive car (with at least 276BHP) in the Late 90's dealership. I bought a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7. Use the money left from the original 110, 000CR to tune it (do not fit racing tires). I added NOS, lightened it, added a Stage 2 turbo, and got a racing chip. Look for bargains, as sometimes you'll get a whole lot more power for a lot less money.

Step 3: Complete the Sunday Cup. It's easy and quick (especially with B-Spec).
Step 4: With your A license, play the Umbria Rally and Capri Rally. You'll get a Cadillac CIEN for the first one and an RSC Rally Car for the second.

Step 5: Sell the RSC or win it again and sell it (it's a great car). You'll get 250, 000CR for it. Repeat this step to earn alot of money.
All of this has been covered to exhaustion in this forum. You really should look at this post and of course the many threads it links to.

In particular look at this thread, particularly the last several pages, for information on how to earn money quickly. You'll learn, for instance, that the Capri rally isn't the fastest money earner.

By the way you can also import the A and B licenses from GT3. But since you have to do the licenses anyway (in either GT3 or GT4) why not just do them in GT4 and collect the prize cars? Especially since you can use a license prize car to win the Capri Rally "out of the box", so no need to import the $100,000 or to buy the 276HP car & tune it.

You can import up to 100,000 credits and the A and B licenses from GT3. That's all. In particular you can't import any cars.
I have played GT4 and it says "You can import the A & B licenses from GT4P and 100,000CR from GT3. I am sure that you cannot import licenses from GT3, but I play the European (PAL) version which has always had less features (EX: GT3 had the Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT Race Car but the did not, GT4 having HD graphics on NTSC,...), so maybe I was unlucky that I was born in France.

So why were you asking if you can import cars?

By the way on my first time around with GT4, I did in fact import the licenses.

Last edited:
I don't think you need to buy anything at the start. Just do IB & IA and use the NISMO 270R for starting events. Can do all the easy road special events and the sunday cup without needing upgrades at all.

I don't think you need to buy anything at the start. Just do IB & IA and use the NISMO 270R for starting events. Can do all the easy road special events and the sunday cup without needing upgrades at all.
I, meanwhile, am still trying to get the IA license. My way is quicker.

I, meanwhile, am still trying to get the IA license. My way is quicker.
But just doing the extra licences (which shouldnt take more than 2 hours) is probably better than spending 30-40k (or more) on a 270HP car.

You've got to do the licences eventually, you might as well do them at the start.
They don't cost money, you win free cars, you get to "test" (sort of) drive a wide variety of different cars & they help teach basic driving techniques, all of which is useful when starting the game. My 2 cents.

Back