Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

HUD is engine level as far as I'm aware, so not possible.
Hello, I have 2 questions: what programs are needed to decrypt IRX files? I don’t understand development at all, I just want to look at these files, and will the mod work on the original PS2 if I patch the image and write it to a USB flash drive?

I started a playthrough of the randomizer and it's only gotten me more excited for this mod!

Question, not necessarily a request, is it possible to shorten the license tests/remove tests in order to open up more event slots?
I don't know if the license tests are treated differently from regular events or if editing the UI to display <16 tests would work at all. Just a thought...
It is possible since licences are just events with a different type to the rest, but it would be a lot of work to do the things you say, and I don't think I'll really run into a limit before needing to remove licences, so probably not something I'll be doing.
Hello, I have 2 questions: what programs are needed to decrypt IRX files? I don’t understand development at all, I just want to look at these files, and will the mod work on the original PS2 if I patch the image and write it to a USB flash drive?
I think IRX files are essentially drivers or libraries, kind of like the PS2 equivalent of a DLL file. They aren't necessarily files you can extract per se, but rather compiled code.

I think IRX files are essentially drivers or libraries, kind of like the PS2 equivalent of a DLL file. They aren't necessarily files you can extract per se, but rather compiled code
Thank you, I thought this folder system was encrypted under the name IRX and this is the code😅

New slightly longer-form vid showing how the new missions are integrated as if they were always there, and some footage of the added driving cameras.

The graphics for the mission menu were quite a lot of work but it's nice to see them looking so consistent with the originals.

You're doing gods work!

Cannot wait to see the next release. Going to be so worth it.

You are a great fellow for continuing this, the question is, can you leave the option to move the camera? I noticed that not all cars are suitable for a close view from the cockpit

Oh something I just thought of too... Will saves from the current Spec II release be compatible with the next one or am I gonna have to start all over again? :scared:

I have a suggestion (more like a quick fix):

I have noticed on the PAL version that National A coffee break challenge says in the information that the training car is an Opel Speedster Turbo - yet the actual car used is a Peugeot 206cc.

I don’t know if this issue occurs in other versions but I only just very recently came across it so I appreciate if it’s already well-known - I’ve just never noticed until now.

This may not be fixable but thought I’d mention it as my OCD finds it annoying.

Attachments

• IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 3
I have a suggestion (more like a quick fix):

I have noticed on the PAL version that National A coffee break challenge says in the information that the training car is an Opel Speedster Turbo - yet the actual car used is a Peugeot 206cc.

I don’t know if this issue occurs in other versions but I only just very recently came across it so I appreciate if it’s already well-known - I’ve just never noticed until now.

This may not be fixable but thought I’d mention it as my OCD finds it annoying.
Looks like it was already fixed by either NTSC or Online:
1713804152739.png

Back