• Thread starter PS2 GT4
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
ONLINE VIDEO/PHOTO RACING ENTRY HERE FOR "PS2 GRAN TURISMO 4" ONLY

1) INFORMATION:

Since online racing is obviously no longer available for GT4, I thought there might be interest with the newer GT4 resurgence fans to be able to still compete with one another hence this thread.....

I plan to post "IN THIS THREAD" in the near future, as we build members, the "STARTING TRACK" that will be used for the first race of this new video/photo online racing series for 2016-2017. We will be racing at some of the select and finest tracks that are available in GT4 throughout the rest of the 2016 season into 2017.

2) RULES:

a) PLEASE NO CHEATING ! Cheating will be grounds for immediate disqualification from any and all races ! Many of us know how to spot use of codes, photoshop, or something that is Not normally inherent to the game. However, the normal shortcuts etc in the tracks that may exist in the GT4 game are legal and allowed.

b) Only the Campaign Mode along with the Single Practice Option of the track or circuit shall be used for your respective time entry for any particular race...No Arcade Modes. Once any race track is announced, players will have 10 days to post their video and/or photo of their best "ONE LAP TIME" on the track or the circuit selected on any particular race event announced. Points will be allocated as follows and will be posted as an updated accumulated points summary of standings at the end of each race period.

Points Allocations:
Posting a photo of your time with the selected track and car = 25 points
Posting a video of your complete run with car and track time = 75 points
Third Place time in the race = 100 points
Second Place time in the race = 200 points
First Place time in the race = 300 points

c) You may use "Any Car" from your personal garage in GT4 with any upgrades including NOS, any tires, any setups that you optioned to purchase and/or use for any particular race. It's your choice.

d) The winner of the highest accumulated points standings will be posted at the end of each race. In the event of a tie, there will be a race off announced.

3) OTHER:

Please direct questions and or any suggestions BEFORE the races begin that may help this future series success directly in this thread.

Note-Should sadly there not be enough interest, then this thread will then be deleted and the complete race series will be cancelled. So for those GT4 Die Hard Fans out here, please don't let this happen and participate !!!

Thanks to all in advance that may be interested and especially to those who actually participate in this race venue and thread ! Feel free to message me anytime.

Disclaimer:
The PS2-GT4 Online Racing Series And Fan's Club Racing Competitions For 2016-2017 Are Completely Free, However, They Are NOT Affiliated With The Gran Turismo Gaming Series.

Last edited by a moderator:
TEMPORARY RAIN DELAY PENDING 5 TO 10 MEMBERS TO GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD...
Come On Guys ! Let's Get Some Of These Awesome GT4 Cars Back On The Road Again !
I'm Trying GT4 Fans... :banghead: :D

OPTION%20STREAM_zpstujlulfs.jpg

CRASH OF THE OPTION STREAM Z IN THE NEVADA DESERT AND THANKFULLY WALKED AWAY !

THE RESURRECTION OF THE OPTION STREAM Z FOR DE LA SARTHE AT MY HOME IN NEVADA...

I wouldn't mind, any categories?

If I have time, I will definitely try to do this. Like Rally, Road, LMP, Tuners, etc.

Great Jake ! You're on the list & thanks ! We can expand with classes and categories etc as things hopefully go along... Thinking of using El Capitan for our first course. (All cars invited for lowest practice time trial-Just as a simple test of points go around). I'll let you know asap soon as membership hopefully increases and as we add changes for the better...Always open to suggestions to make this fun and a success, at least till Gran Turismo Sport hits the shelves ;).

EL CAPITAN IS THE FIRST RACE & BEGINS TODAY !

AS THIS IS THE 1ST RACE IN THE NEW SERIES, AND TO ALLOW OTHERS TO GET THEIR GAME TOGETHER, THIS RACE WILL END ON THE FINAL DAY OF JULY 2016 WHEN THE 2ND RACE IS ANNOUNCED AND BEGINS.

DON'T DELAY AND ENTER THE RACE ! JUST LIKE IN THE REAL WORLD OF RACING A MISSED RACE LOSES POINTS ACCUMULATION. NO MATTER WHAT YOUR TIME IS OR PLACE STANDINGS, POINTS ARE ALWAYS AWARDED FOR YOUR ENTRY ALONE, SO DON'T FALL BEHIND ON POINTS CAUSE OF NOT HAVING ENTERED. ALSO, MANY OTHER RACES ARE PLANNED TO FOLLOW AFTER THIS ONE ALLOWING YOU TO CATCH UP IF BEHIND. 👍 :gtplanet:

No mercy-No cheating... Here is my entry... I've read a lot of smack over the years, so I say, show me a photo and/or video or it didn't and never happened...

GT4%20MINOLTA%20RUN%20EL%20CAPITAN_zpswrvjnp2l.jpg

Here's my entry. I used a Mazda 787B Race Car '91 with a Stage 4 Turbo Kit, NOS, and an oil change, with the only driving aids being used being 2 TCS. I ran a lap time of 1'18.937. Overall, I think I could have done a bit better, especially at Turn 18 where I smacked into a wall, but other than that, I'd say it was a pretty good lap time. Also, sorry about the abysmal and shaky quality on the video; I didn't know how to make the Hauppauge work on my PS2 and I had to use my heavy tablet to record the video.
WIN_20160717_00_46_14_Pro.jpg

Well, I really tried ! :banghead: But sadly, there just doesn't seem to be enough expressed interest among members for a sinple GT4 competition racing series again, so I'm just gonna do my own thing. If someone else wants to continue here and give it a lash, have at it & good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back