Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod v2.2

• Thread starter Hatersbby
  • 202 comments
That looks very nice. Too bad my PCSX2 version is too old; I don't plan on updating until there's a game-changing new upgrade because I have so many games on it and cannot be bothered to change the settings for every single one (unless someone knows a way to update without resetting game settings).

--------------

@Hatersbby in the OP you mention the CLK LM and Ferrari F2004 - I saw nothing in the full pack download, so what are these?

Last edited:
A couple of questions about modding GT4:

I’m not sure on how compatible the game engines are, but how possible (if at all) would it be to transfer GT PSP models to GT4?

4756733D-822F-4158-ACE4-ABF664AFEDC5.jpeg

And now that it’s possible to both enter ‘Esso’ variants and reskin models, would it be possible to add cars such as a reskinned GT-One and class it as the Road Car?

7591F543-1358-4E5F-A788-A71D08055325.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi there, someone knew where I find the "no interlacing" pnach code for SCUS-97328 version?
I know the topic was made for the marvelous @Hatersbby texture pack, but i've searched everywhere and can't find it!!

P.S. Already find it!!

Last edited:
Loved you work! Do you know if i can put those HD Textures INSIDE the .iso file of the game? If yes, how do i start researching for it?
My point with it is making a perfect port of GT4 for PS4 - for those who have one with jailbreak included.
Sorry to ask or bother, if it's a stupid question just forget about it 😅

NOTE READ CAREFULLY: We are getting questions on crashing. Please turn off 'Mipmapping' and don't use Trilinear/Ultra options in Graphics Settings. If you use Vulkan make sure to dump VRAM before your first race by pressing F9 twice (preferably durin loading). These are not caused from our end.
I have tried everything within graphics settings, tried loading without textures, but every time I try to get into a race this happens. Screen freezes, and then I get this error message. Any help?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 74
  • display.png
    display.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 71
  • rendering.png
    rendering.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 71
I have tried everything within graphics settings, tried loading without textures, but every time I try to get into a race this happens. Screen freezes, and then I get this error message. Any help?
Update: I'm a dummy. Options->Screen->Video output to progressive 480p fixed my problem.

I know that is a bit harsh to ask, but are far LOD textures in? Also, banners for courses change per region too

Hello everyone,
I am very excited to make my first post because it is something on making your game look better. Since PCSX2 has texture dumping and replacement feature, me and my friend Gtafan comitted to a project. The game textures are upscaled with the aid of AI and some textures have been redone manually with Photoshop and paint.net image editors. The cars and tracks now have way more detail and sharpness. Quite few cars have showroom quality wheels, brake discs, calipers and tyres. A few cars have accurate numberplates, driver names(some are redone as AI couldn't make a good job) and so on. The content is now finished. Upcoming releases will focus on fixing stuff.

The mod works in all GT4 variants and TT tracks just follow the installation proccess.
The mod does not affect performance unless you're close on VRAM limit. It can increase VRAM usage a bit.

IF YOU'RE A CONTENT CREATOR/AUTHOR AND USE 2.0+ PLEASE CREDIT MRCassidyART too for his contrubitions.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST TO SEE UPDATES

Requirements:
A PCSX2 1.7 build that supports texture replacements (the later the better)
Around 4GB of VRAM for 4x resolution (PCSX2 has very big VRAM leak and since this folder is very big it will cause severe slowdowns)
Lots of disk space. If you're having hard time with it, make the folder in another drive via PCSX2's folder settings. For example my emulator is in C but folder in D.

NOTE READ CAREFULLY: We are getting questions on crashing. Please turn off 'Mipmapping' and don't use Trilinear/Ultra options in Graphics Settings. If you use Vulkan make sure to dump VRAM before your first race by pressing F9 twice (preferably durin loading). These are not caused from our end.
THE UI IS NOT UPSCALED BECAUSE THEY DUPLICATE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE EFFECT PERMANENTLY VIDEO OF UI SITUATION

Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod version 2.2 CHANGELOG
Changes and fixes:
  • Fixed big alpha issues on some cars like Citroen 2cv, 787b and Minolta
  • Ferrari F2004 included in a folder (it will replace some parts on other colors too but red one will be F2004 in relatively close distance -LOD stuff)
  • Warsteiner CLK-GTR in a folder

Upcoming:
  • Sky fixes on all tracks
  • Fixes on more cars if found

The 2.2 doesnt have a password but don't extract it to the pack's directory immediately because some textures are in folders and if you extract those folders they won't take effect. Anyway, ill remove the anachronism on Tokyo R246 some time and make an optional update later. I also ignored this too much because modding the game internally is more fun.

Current progress can be tracked in: Google Document on Progress

Videos of the mod: Main showcase and tutorial
Tutorial if it is still confusing
A lap around Trial Mountain

DOWNLOAD LINKS (ALL 2.1 IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD FULL PACK DELETE THE EXISTING ONE FIRST)

We also provide a link for you to report issues: Issue Reporting Link

We hope that you enjoy our project!

Hello everyone,
I am very excited to make my first post because it is something on making your game look better. Since PCSX2 has texture dumping and replacement feature, me and my friend Gtafan comitted to a project. The game textures are upscaled with the aid of AI and some textures have been redone manually with Photoshop and paint.net image editors. The cars and tracks now have way more detail and sharpness. Quite few cars have showroom quality wheels, brake discs, calipers and tyres. A few cars have accurate numberplates, driver names(some are redone as AI couldn't make a good job) and so on. The content is now finished. Upcoming releases will focus on fixing stuff.

The mod works in all GT4 variants and TT tracks just follow the installation proccess.
The mod does not affect performance unless you're close on VRAM limit. It can increase VRAM usage a bit.

IF YOU'RE A CONTENT CREATOR/AUTHOR AND USE 2.0+ PLEASE CREDIT MRCassidyART too for his contrubitions.

Requirements:
Around 4GB of VRAM for 4x resolution (PCSX2 has very big VRAM leak and since this folder is very big it will cause severe slowdowns)
Lots of disk space. If you're having hard time with it, make the folder in another drive via PCSX2's folder settings. For example my emulator is in C but folder in D.

THE UI IS NOT UPSCALED BECAUSE THEY DUPLICATE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE EFFECT PERMANENTLY VIDEO OF UI SITUATION

Changes and fixes:
  • Ferrari F2004 included in a folder (it will replace some parts on other colors too but red one will be F2004 in relatively close distance -LOD stuff)

Upcoming:

The 2.2 doesnt have a password but don't extract it to the pack's directory immediately because some textures are in folders and if you extract those folders they won't take effect. Anyway, ill remove the anachronism on Tokyo R246 some time and make an optional update later. I also ignored this too much because modding the game internally is more fun.

DOWNLOAD LINKS (ALL 2.1 IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD FULL PACK DELETE THE EXISTING ONE FIRST)

How would I revert back to the original textures if I didn't want it to look remastered anymore?

1684699327170.png

Make sure Load Textures is unticked. I can't help you if you can't find the folder, but it should be in the Textures folder wherever you installed PCSX2.

@Hatersbby sorry for the @ but i needed to ask if this texture pack is compatible with the HD HUD & UI & INDIGLO texture packs by silentwarior112?

(edit:i reinstalled pcsx2 and it worked, pog)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Requirements:

Changes and fixes:

Upcoming:

The password isn't working for me, any ideas?

Guys I have my rom of a GT4 NTSC 2.0 version. What's the best settings for the best visuals in pcsx2? Is there a guide somewhere that's up to date?

Is anyone else having issues with the password?

I couldn't get the HD HUD to work on Aethersx2 on Mac at all so ventured into the latest PCSX2 and it worked a charm.

Just this one left to sort - just can't seem to get the password from the first post to work.

Cheers!

Texture Pack works when i use online beta version of Gran Turismo, btw, are there any plans on fixing more cars? i saw Ford Rally 98 car having a problems with the tire texture in the map Costa Rica and first car in arcade mode is not visible only shows 4 tires and pipes

Back