Gran Turismo 5 Car Reviews *1st Review- MR2 G-Limited*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryou
  • 3 comments
  • 3,756 views
Messages
2,482
United States
United States
Hello. I'm SuperGTRacer. I have found many cars that I love to drive lately so I thought I would share my reviews of them with you. (They contain parts with my opinions)

Toyota MR2 G-Limited

SMALL DESCRIPTION

The Toyota MR2 G-Limited is a joy to me. It starts out with under 200 HP, but with tuning the car can get 260-320 HP. It can be enjoyable for people who like cars with great acceleration and great speeds. It can be useful for some drifters out there, as I drift in this car.

DRIVING

This car drives pretty well. With the Mid-Ship engine it balances the weight better than cars with the engine in the same place as the tires. In stock form it reaches a speed of about 90-115 MPH. With tuning it can reach around 130-150 with my observations. Overall, the driving is what you should expect from a decent car. It will also be great for the Japanese 90's event when tuned.

DRIFTING

The drifting of this car can be pretty easy for those MR drifters. It can hold a great line. Sometimes it's a bit hard to control as the engine is more close to the rear than the front causing more weight to the rear, thus making the car spin out. The car can also drift well without suspension tuning, even without weight reduction. Overall, this car is a good drifting car for MR drifters.

CRUISING

There are a lot of you people who like to go cruising with friends in GT5. This MR2 just might make it enjoyable. As said in the Driving section. It can reach a pretty high speed, allowing it to reach a perfect cruise speed. The car itself doesn't spin out easily on straights like some cars, and the lights in my opinion look nice in the night.

OVERALL

Overall, the MR2 G-Limited is a fine car to drive. I would recommend it to most 90's car lovers on GTPlanet, that is, if you like the looks. It's speed is decent when stock, and it is great for Midnight Cruises, in my opinion.

Sincerely,

SuperGTRacer
 
Top Gear Test Track Lap time?
 
A good review but I also want to give you some criticism, not to put down your review but maybe to help you do your next one.

First of all I like how you seperated the review into different parts, but each part is lacking in information.
In the Small Description and Driving section, only the MR layout and HP of the car has been explained a bit. I think maybe adding a bit of the car's history, design process etc would help.
Also just telling us the top speed isn't really important imo, I'd rather have a review on how the engine feels, is it peaky or torquey? How does the car handle at low or high speeds? Is the car stable on bumpy roads? Does the car respond to driver inputs quicky? Hows the brakes? etc
 
Back