Gran Turismo 5 Prologue after playin Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter fiaz1
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I bought a xbox 360 when Forza 3 came out to see what the big fuss was about. And I have to say I was very shocked at how good it was. Before i bought the xbox I played GT5P quite alot. Well thats the only game I played on PS3. Anyway I just played GT5P today and I was shocked at how unrealistic the car looked when it was turning, or the steering response which feels unrealistic. Has anyone else noticed this after playing FM3 or is it just me ??

I've not noticed that myself. GT5P will always be more realistic on the handling front for me.

I don't think it depends on whether you're using a hand or wheel controller. Most people consider Forza 3 to be nice and simmish, but Prologue to be closer to reality.

I was following some nut drifting in an online race - what's wrong with these people?? - and I was amazed how much it simply looked like a giant invisible hand was just pushing and twisting the car down the track.

On a related note, the online drifting in Forza is fantastic. I recently joined a race where everyone was fairly good and me and a guy in a Skyline were the front runners doing really well with the top 2 scores, and just as we rounded the last long corner on Mugello we drifted inches apart from each other completely perfectly and then blasted down the straight while the other guy shouted "Woah, NICE DRIFT!" :lol:

I don't know maybe its because I'm just used to FM3 that it looks different but at the back of my head I couldn't help think why does the car look weird in GT5P its not like this FM3. I'd have to play both games side by side to see whats more realistic. But Turn 10 have done a fantastic job on FM3 to make me think its better then GT when previously i was a GT fanatic now i just can't help think its not what its all cracked up to be

I am just like you - I bought the F3 bundle to see what the 'fuss' was about. Even now I still prefer GT over Forza. It is just too boring for me.

Hi everyone,
I bought a xbox 360 when Forza 3 came out to see what the big fuss was about. And I have to say I was very shocked at how good it was. Before i bought the xbox I played GT5P quite alot. Well thats the only game I played on PS3. Anyway I just played GT5P today and I was shocked at how unrealistic the car looked when it was turning, or the steering response which feels unrealistic. Has anyone else noticed this after playing FM3 or is it just me ??

I haven't but I'm fed upp with waiting for GT5 and tomorrow I'll be getting an Xbox360 for Forza3. I sure hope Forza is a sim and not an Arcade.

I received my Fanatec wheel 4 days ago. So I throwed away the MS crap wheel and installed the Fanatec on my old Playseat. It's really perfect in both games ! The gearbox is way better than the one on the G25.

I compared the Nissan 350Z RS in GT5P with a tuned 350Z in FM3 on Suzuka.
IRL, I own a tuned 350Z I frequently use during track days (Nürburgring, Spa and some tracks in France like Dijon Prenois). I tried to tune the 350Z in FM3 as close as possible as my real car.

relvir10.jpg

Yes, the avatar is a simulation too :dopey:

If you drive beyond the limit, both games feels very similar except the car in FM3 does not feel as connected to the road as it is in GT5P.

If you try to go faster, the Z in GT5P will violently oversteer and it is very difficult to catch. Not realistic at all compared to my real Z which is very progressive and a pleasure to drift. (the stock Z in GT5P has the same problem).

In FM3, the Z is progressive at the limit and easy to drift. A lot closer to the real one !

My conclusion : a better sim would feel like the car in GT5P and react like the car in FM3 !

I hope that GT5 final will be this sim !

By the way, I did not played GT5P for months. I did not remember how bad it sounds :ill:

Look, had you searched a bit before posting a new thread, you'd have found this on the exact same topic.
So, well, I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back