Gran Turismo 5 - what if things were different

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
I don't know if anyone made a thread of something like this, so I apologize in advance for in case someone did make a thread like this already.

Anyway, what if things were different for GT5 and the GT series? What I mean by this is stuff like "what if Gran Turismo 5 ended up as a launch title for the PS3?" or "What if PD had even more time to work on GT5?"

I'm asking you guys what you think would happen if things were better than GT5 basically. We already know that this game was first released with a lot of flaws and bugs such as the low # of premium cars, bad glitches online, long loading times, & etc.

I'm also asking if you think it would be better if PD just made GT5 a launch title of the PS3. Of course, before you answer; I'm going to share what I think the game could have been.

I think Gran Turismo 5 would've been better compared to now if it was on the PS3. I would've been happy at that point if PD just took GT4, enhanced the graphics a bit, a few more cars + tracks, retouch the menus and everything else, then port it to the PS3 as GT5. I mean, it wouldn't be as realistic as the game now, but it would've been a better starter point for them as a PS3 GT game to improve on and then they could have made GT6 sort of like the GT5 we have now, but better. Gran Turismo 5 could have included cars that weren't deleted by GT4 such as the Lancer Evo. VII rally car, Mitsubishi FTO LM (was better than the Touring Car imo), and the Ford GT40 Road Version. Gran Turismo 6 may have been set up like GT5 if this happened, but PD would have more time to spend on perfecting it and there could have been more premium cars or just premium cars in this game and no standards at all. In a summary, I think the GT series would've turned out better this way by now.

I just wanted to rant about this, and I think it's fun to think of what could have been. Anyway, feel free to say your opinion of what I think could have happened and what you think should or could have happened.

Once again, if there's already a thread discussion something like this; I'm awfully sorry, I still have no clue how to search the threads.

Skuh
not really sure what the point is when we are already moving on to waht GT6 will be.
Maybe i'm wrong.
:)
This. Plus there's no point in lamenting on things in the past that cannot be changed. Just accept what happened and look forwards. :)

I guess I was a little confusing, sorry about that. I'm just asking what if Polyphony Digital went a different route with bringing their game title to the PS3 instead of the one they're on right now. I love GT5, I really do; I just wish PD really didn't take 5 years to make to game and just did what was done on the first 2 Sony Playstations; make one GT title to see what they can do and then the next one would be made better.

Latest Posts

Back