Gran Turismo 6 - Coffee Break Challenge (Gold Medals+Perfect Strategies)

Are you with or against these kind of entertainment challenges in Gran Turismo 6?

• Total voters
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
Silent_4_Hill
Welcome!

By this thread; we are going to complete all of "Coffee Break Challenge".
There are different entertainment challenges with different difficulty under this title;
Which are mentioned as follows:

1) Cone Challenge = Trial 1 (+And more trials by increasing the difficulty )
2) Eco Challenge = Stage 1 (+And more stages by increasing the difficulty )
3) Drift Challenge = Round 1 (+And more stages by increasing the difficulty )

These entertainment challenges are all new to the franchise!
Before, It was existed in Gran Turismo 4 but it disappeared afterwards.
It adds sweet look to the game, it is nice, sweet, and enjoyable!
However, it could be difficult, somehow, therefore the following
videos will show you one of the strategies on how to clear these
challenges within perfect goal.

Nevertheless, these challenges are divided under each class:

(1) Novice,
(2) National B
(3) National A
(4) International B
(5) International A
(6) Super class

Also, each class could have one+or more challenges. Finally, the following videos
will show you all what is mentioned above. Showing strategies on how to find one
of the most perfect ways to complete these epic challenges. Good Luck :gtplanet:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1455070_547321758689467_2072654608_n.jpg

(1) Novice class. (It has only one challenge, which is as follows) :

1458588_547321722022804_205945629_n.jpg

How quickly can you knock over 300 cones?
A Race against the clock to try and knock over 300 cones. Find
The best route, and take them down as quickly as you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1425631_547347758686867_12368266_n.jpg

(2) National B class. (It has Two challenges, which are as follows) :

1469945_548489808572662_803393685_n.jpg

(3) National A class. (It has Two challenges, which are as follows) :

969308_548871355201174_1332236332_n.jpg

(4) International B class. (It has Two challenges, which are as follows) :

1455871_550042471750729_457847177_n.jpg

(4) International A class. (It has Two challenges, which are as follows) :

(5) Super class. (It has one challenge only, which is as follows) :

486692_553592094729100_2009577506_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQHDD1uLC8

Any questions/comments are welcomed! Good Luck!

Last edited:
i think that its cool and a nice feature
It's a really good feature. You can take a break from racing and have some non racing fun. :)
Yep. Continuous racing can get boring. Nostalgia moment: it will also bring back memories of GT4!

I Agree as well that it is successful idea! Thank you for your comments!
In addition, I absolutely agree with @ameer67 that this kind of challenges
such as "Cone Challenge" it dates back to Gran Turismo 4 ! Exactly.
So, bringing back memories and ideas listed throughout previous franchise
would achieve successful step towards the new Gran Turismo 6 .!

Faisal

I only voted no because I suck at these kind of things(gymkhana/coffee break,etc,licenses i'm all for.👍) and generally stay clear of them..

How the hell are you supposed to do the drifting challenge? Half, the time my drift gets down to 0 points again.

Hello, thanks for your comment.

Follow the ruls of the track, get only at least two drift turns correctly and perfectly.
Look after the aids, are they on or off?

I Wish you luck. Let me know of your progression. Thanks!

Managed to get 4157 points now after an hour...

Got almost 2700 out of the first 2 corners. Nk idea how to do the start of the 4th section though. And most of the time I get only 600-800 points on the first corner while my record is like 1450.

Any tip on the setups? I changed ABS to 3 and it seems to help maintain some speed.

Edit: Managed tk get a whopping 2k on the last section, however in that run Ii completely ruined the rest.

Last edited:
I hate the coffee break I get more streest of them than racing:(
And it not better that i can´t drift to save my life :(
any help on setup of the car for Drift challenge round 1 plz i need help :)

Try harder, it is all about how to control while the vehicle overseers.
Go for Traction 0, and do your best not to accelerate hardly, just
balance between acceleration and deceleration either in corners or
in between checkpoints !

Kindly, I am waiting for your reply.

Try harder, it is all about how to control while the vehicle overseers.
Go for Traction 0, and do your best not to accelerate hardly, just
balance between acceleration and deceleration either in corners or
in between checkpoints !

Kindly, I am waiting for your reply.

I think my logitech Driving force GT have some of the blame, when i go incar and turn my wheel, the one in the car do not turn the same. i need to turn wheel mutch more and that's impossible to control, its not a problem i normal racing.

I think my logitech Driving force GT have some of the blame, when i go incar and turn my wheel, the one in the car do not turn the same. i need to turn wheel mutch more and that's impossible to control, its not a problem i normal racing.

Also, hold it strongly, it realistic though

I've just done the National A ones. I've enjoyed the cones ones more than with GT4, there they were annoying and I ignored them. Here they are better. The Eco challenge is great, Drifting as a challenge is great, but I suck. Got bronze with DS3, but struggle to avoid understeer then spinning with wheel. I know I'm going too fast in and then not being gentle enough on the throttle to catch it, but I went from "great ide" to "bloody annoying" with it. Will try again later maybe.

I've just done the National A ones. I've enjoyed the cones ones more than with GT4, there they were annoying and I ignored them. Here they are better. The Eco challenge is great, Drifting as a challenge is great, but I suck. Got bronze with DS3, but struggle to avoid understeer then spinning with wheel. I know I'm going too fast in and then not being gentle enough on the throttle to catch it, but I went from "great ide" to "bloody annoying" with it. Will try again later maybe.

I had been struggling with the drift events until I changed the tyres to comfort hards...they still allow the drift movements but don't tend to push the car from drift to spin. Also found that entering the drift zones at about 60mph and then flooring the accelerator while turning the wheel enables effective drifting while reducing the chance of spinning due to high speed. I was getting annoyed at it but just kept practicing and got it eventually

I had been struggling with the drift events until I changed the tyres to comfort hards...they still allow the drift movements but don't tend to push the car from drift to spin. Also found that entering the drift zones at about 60mph and then flooring the accelerator while turning the wheel enables effective drifting while reducing the chance of spinning due to high speed. I was getting annoyed at it but just kept practicing and got it eventually

Hadn't thought about the setup, just assumed it would be the ideal setup by default. Will give that a go, cheers, i"m often doing those corners in drifts when I race at Autumn Mini anyway, they flow so nicely and adjusting the throttle and wheel for balance is very satisfying in the races. I hope I feel it with the drifting too.

Hadn't thought about the setup, just assumed it would be the ideal setup by default. Will give that a go, cheers, i"m often doing those corners in drifts when I race at Autumn Mini anyway, they flow so nicely and adjusting the throttle and wheel for balance is very satisfying in the races. I hope I feel it with the drifting too.

Yeah, I didn't even consider the tyres previously...just figured GT drifting was not conducive to me as I struggled with GT5 yet can drift well in arcade racers (NFS and so on). Then I vaguely recalled reading something somwhere on here about the comfort hards and realised that the softs would maybe grip the track when least wanted causing the snap leading to the spin....could just be coincidence mind lol

I do not like these challenges. While they may be fun at times and a nice distraction, they should not count towards game completion and should only be an optional bonus feature. I do not like that they are required.

When I play with the camera that is used in the videos here, I have no sound? I can't hear the engine and can't hear when to shift.

Back