Gran Turismo 6 - Drag Setup - Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12

The cars that he's giving tunes for are really easy cars to tune.. As soon as I buy a car I go paint, upgrade and tune all before even leaving the 'Pit Stop' section, and 9/10 times I'll be giving most people a good run..

If half of you spent as little as 3 mins on a car, given you know the fundamentals of tuning, I bet you will be running your own tune quite competitively.

If you're still stuck on the fundamentals now.. GO READ SHAKES HOW-TO!! And if you still can't get it.. Please ask someone for help specifically. Meet someone in a room and ASK for help! 9/10 guys on here would be more then happy to lend a hand if you ask for help rather then tunes. If you can't find someone online, message them on here! It's really basic things that people don't do that irritate people the most.

Angrybirds, I'm not trying to have a go at you in anyway, I like people helping by supplying tunes for cars, but I'd like to see people actually wanting to be taught, not shown.

Last edited:
The cars that he's giving tunes for are really easy cars to tune.. As soon as I buy a car I go paint, upgrade and tune all before even leaving the 'Pit Stop' section, and 9/10 times I'll be giving most people a good run..

If half of you spent as little as 3 mins on a car, given you know the fundamentals of tuning, I bet you will be running your own tune quite competitively.

If you're still stuck on the fundamentals now.. GO READ SHAKES HOW-TO!! And if you still can't get it.. Please ask someone for help specifically. Meet someone in a room and ASK for help! 9/10 guys on here would be more then happy to lend a hand if you ask for help rather then tunes. If you can't find someone online, message them on here! It's really basic things that people don't do that irritate people the most.

Angrybirds, I'm not trying to have a go at you in anyway, I like people helping by supplying tunes for cars, but I'd like to see people actually wanting to be taught, not shown.
I agree HUNDRED PERCENT

Thanks for the reference to the guide. And this is how I feel as well, as quick tunes are a second nature now, and there are people who don't understand this concept and just want "the best tune" without applying any effort toward the result.

Anyone of you that may fall into this group, let me explain myself. A quick tune is a 5 minute or less tune that is put on a car to test its speed. Once that is set up, we run test & tunes at Indy to check the launch, shift points, and RPM at the shadow. To get the best setup for all of these situations, some cars may take over an hour or two to get a lag-free transmission that launches good and hits the shadow at the right RPM. Even then, if suspension or ratios aren't perfect, someone still may have a faster car. These "top tunes" that you search for are labors of love(and also hate) on these cars that we spend hours a day tuning, so we can keep up or beat others who run the same cars. Sometimes we get lucky and hit a good quick tune that doesn't require a lot of change, which is what we're talking about in online lobbies when we say "this is just a 5 min/quick tune" that still beats or ties people who have spend hours on one specific car.

I've had people offended by this or kick me from lobbies because they thought I was talking smack. That's not the case, it's just letting them know that we got lucky and there's most likely more to tune from the car. Afterall, the longer you spend on a car the more you learn from it.

Thanks for the reference to the guide. And this is how I feel as well, as quick tunes are a second nature now, and there are people who don't understand this concept and just want "the best tune" without applying any effort toward the result.

Anyone of you that may fall into this group, let me explain myself. A quick tune is a 5 minute or less tune that is put on a car to test its speed. Once that is set up, we run test & tunes at Indy to check the launch, shift points, and RPM at the shadow. To get the best setup for all of these situations, some cars may take over an hour or two to get a lag-free transmission that launches good and hits the shadow at the right RPM. Even then, if suspension or ratios aren't perfect, someone still may have a faster car. These "top tunes" that you search for are labors of love(and also hate) on these cars that we spend hours a day tuning, so we can keep up or beat others who run the same cars. Sometimes we get lucky and hit a good quick tune that doesn't require a lot of change, which is what we're talking about in online lobbies when we say "this is just a 5 min/quick tune" that still beats or ties people who have spend hours on one specific car.

I've had people offended by this or kick me from lobbies because they thought I was talking smack. That's not the case, it's just letting them know that we got lucky and there's most likely more to tune from the car. Afterall, the longer you spend on a car the more you learn from it.
yes sir

this car is a beast! I also learned a lot by just reading the info in the 'tuning parts' division, but indeed like Simple Matt said; you gotta have to want to learn instead of just copy-pasting numbers

It's not that hard. Choose a desired final gear ratio. Drop down top speed to desired speed. Set 1-6 gear ratios. Good luck man. This tune is an okay tune. Should allow you to compete right.

Hey how can I improve the launch on this tune ?
Fine tuning each gear and torque split but when you say launch I am assuming that you mean tree. Improve tree try switching around your e-break to what you find releases quickest and is most comfortable.

If you feel like your launch is bogging, adjust 1st and 2nd to the right a little.

Your better off not knowing what a "e cheat" is, hence the name.

Back