Gran Turismo 6 - V.H.D.P. [Version History Documentation Project]

• Thread starter elston87
  • 0 comments
United States
Las Vegas, NV
K_E_87th
What is this about, and why are you doing it?

Thanks to the "Undocumented Changes" threads that were created as every new update of the game rolled out, it was clear to me that Gran Turismo 6 was changing quite a lot as every new version was pushed out. It could be argued that the RTM version of the game was never finished to begin with, and ever since the release of its predecessor, Gran Turismo 5, in which some say pioneered the "Release now, Finish later" model of development with the addition of content updates, the game changed in a lot of ways over time, from small and subtle changes to big feature updates and new content.

This unofficial Version History Documentation Project aims to document every single change that has occurred between each version of the game, from small text strings to new cars, courses, and features that were added, even if they weren't! I feel that it's important to document, what is essentially, the development of the game as it was updated over time. Build numbers increase with every new update, identified by the version number in the in-game Manual option, and these are often over-looked and not being documented. With Gran Turismo Sport hot on the heels for a retail release, it's only a matter of time before Gran Turismo 6 is no longer officially supported and the online services are discontinued.

Can I help contribute to the Project? How?

Absolutely. Although a huge portion of this project utilizes information from these "Undocumented Changes" threads found on the forums, there may be still more information that needs to be documented. If you do find something that any of the documents below doesn't cover, all you have to do is reply to this thread, state the game version, and what you've found, along with sufficient proof (images, videos, code, URLs, etc.). The information will then be added and I'll ensure to credit you for helping my project!

Urgent Request

If anybody has any information whatsoever relating to the "GT Academy 2013" demo of Gran Turismo 6, including ripped graphics and resources, screenshots, videos, URLs, code, or so much as the game's build number from the Manual, it would be greatly appreciated! The demo is an early build of the game, and looks rather different from the final, with lots of things to note. As it is no longer playable by normal means, it's been difficult to document it!

V.H.D.P. Document Links

Below you can find the links to each individual document for the Project. Each document covers every known build of the game's development cycle, and has been created in a specific format. A template on how to decipher the documents' format will be created soon.

Do note that the Project and all of the documents are always in a work-in-progress state as new information is added. I aim to get these professionally organized someday.

Project Documents:

Will this project stay updated if new contributions are added?

I will try to check this thread every other day if there are new contributions added. If I don't get to and add any new contributions that may get posted, the I apologize in advance, but I will do my best to keep up.

A V.H.D.P. for Gran Turismo 5 also exists, which was created first before this one! Go check it out if you found this one interesting!

Thank you for reading about and adding any contributions to the project!

Back