Gran Turismo 7 Appears in Sony 8K OLED VR Tech Demo

• Thread starter Famine
  • 29 comments
F11ABE4C-0659-424E-BCE0-46F5F60F0046.png

Regarding the 4 cars, maybe it will be possible to have 4 cara in a scape if this image from the trailer is anything to go by. Unless the café is locked to any type of photo shooting and only serves as a screen saver of some kind. But if 4 cars can be modelled in a screen saver, they can also be in a scape(?).

I really do wish that this means GT7 will support VR for online races, even if some compromises have to be made with resolution, frame rate, player count, or being PS5 only (speaking as someone who doesn't yet have one). Tight tracks like Tsukuba are a pain if I can't turn my head to see the apex, and Horse Thief Mile is completely impossible to run consistently. If a more expansive VR support is realised, then perhaps more of these tighter tracks can be in GT7, and low powered cars can shine more.

Moreover, with how GTS keeps harping on sportsmanship and responsible driving, not being able to turn your head to see opponent cars or even your mirrors is a bad joke.

Last edited:
That 8K label on the PS5 box may be making sense now. Were there any hints that this is going to be made to be used with the PS5?

That 8K label on the PS5 box may be making sense now. Were there any hints that this is going to be made to be used with the PS5?

100 % I will buy this, if I ever get my hands on a PS5
This is a future prototype for general use like medical training and entertainment events, developed by the main Sony R&D team, not the Playstation division. It's highly unlikely to be what PSVR2 is based on, as Famine said in the article. PS5 is nowhere near powerful enough for 4K per eye.

Last edited:
its sound like prototype that could be use for psvr3 ;d some rumors about psvr2 (Richard from df said he heard about similar specs):
  • Will use Fresnel OLED screens with a 2000x2040 resolution per eye
  • 4K HDR display
  • FOV is 110 degrees
  • Uses Flexible Scaling Resolution in addition to Foveated Rendering which used in conjunction eye tracking both which aims to scale resolution based upon the user's concentrated view and reduces the strains on PS5 resources
  • Haptics are planned for the headset itself to reduce motion sickness and improve immersion

Last edited:
This is a future prototype for general use like medical training and entertainment events, developed by the main Sony R&D team, not the Playstation division. It's highly unlikely to be what PSVR2 is based on, as Famine said in the article. PS5 is nowhere near powerful enough for 4K per eye.
Okay, so that 8K label is still not making sense. Somebody would need to pull out some magic to make that work on the PS5.

Okay, so that 8K label is still not making sense. Somebody would need to pull out some magic to make that work on the PS5.
The Touryst renders at 8K tough only internal as ps5 for some reason still can't output 8k (maybe in future firmware update)

Last edited:
The HDMI port on the ps5 "supports" 8k output. That's all. But it being only capable of 32GB/s means any 8k you'll be getting is low bit or low HZ.
Sony wants to sell TVs so they'll put 8k on a walkman if they think it would increase sales.

Last edited:
The HDMI port on the ps5 "supports" 8k output. That's all. But it being only capable of 32GB/s means any 8k you'll be getting is low bit or low HZ.
Sony wants to sell TVs so they'll put 8k on a walkman if they think it would increase sales.
PSVR2 might get another breakout box that might be able to increase the 32GB/s limit...
Or if it's going to connect through WiFi or something it wouldn't be limited by the same bandwith.

Last edited:
PSVR2 might get another breakout box that might be able to increase the 32GB/s limit...
Or if it's going to connect through WiFi or something it wouldn't be limited by the same bandwith.
I doubt that. Don't see PSVR2 being capable of pushing higher fidelity than the ps5 itself can deliver. Plus psvr breakout box was purely for 3d audio and nothing else and I think sony wants the new one to be as simple as possible.

I doubt that. Don't see PSVR2 being capable of pushing higher fidelity than the ps5 itself can deliver. Plus psvr breakout box was purely for 3d audio and nothing else and I think sony wants the new one to be as simple as possible.
True, though maybe they can encode the video a little bit and decode it on the fly inside the VR headset (wouldn't need to be as agressive as YT videos or anything)... I wouldn't know any other way to increase the resolution/framerate/bitdepth etc. otherwise...

Last edited:
True, though maybe they can encode the video a little bit and decode it on the fly inside the VR headset (wouldn't need to be as agressive as YT videos or anything)... I wouldn't know any other way to increase the resolution/framerate/bitdepth etc. otherwise...
They probably won't need to increase resolution/framerate/bitdepth as the 8k the ps5 is intended to play, mainly UHDBR movies, don't need more than what ps5 can do. At least I don't think they do. To me it smells like a ps5 pro might be in the works and it will be to 8k as ps4 pro was to 4k.

Would definitely get one, not sure how easy it will be using a shifter distanced from the wheel, would have to use paddles I guess?

They have already released the specs for the PSVR2 headset and it is 2k per eye. They have also said they want full games from first party studios to be playable on VR and you can bet GT7 will be one of those.
I've looked this up but those are rumors, Sony haven't made anything official except the controllers which they've shown maybe.

Back