Gran Turismo 7 "Carchives" (Virtual Car Bios, Performance Tests, and Tsukuba Hot Lap)

United States
United States
THE_GHOST_OF_94
I've created a YouTube page that will serve as a "Carchive" (Car + Archive) of virtual bios (using the in-game car bio description and my own) of EVERY STOCK car included in the game along with a 400 meter and/or top speed test, then a hot lap of Tsukuba Circuit. There will also be car duels (in the likeness of Best Motoring), drag races, ETC.

There will be a top 25 STOCK list of Tsukuba lap times (updated here every Sunday)

There will be a top 25 STOCK 400 meter list as well.

Disclaimer:
All times are representative of individual skill, in addition to the car's performance. ALL cars equipped with whichever tires come standard.

If you can produce a better time, please feel free to participate by sending video footage of your in game times (Cinematic, and Onboard camera) to my Gmail ghostartcommissions@gmail.com, INCLUDE THE CAR NAME, AND WHAT TEST (400M OR HOT LAP) IN THE SUBJECT LINE (I will create a video with timing of your footage to add to the archives and update the times)

So far I have created 4 bios:

1. 2009 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
  2. 2002 Ferrari Enzo
  3. 2004 Porsche Carrera GT
  4. 2013 Porsche 918 Spyder

Tsukuba Top 25 Lap Times

1. '13 Porsche 918 Spyder: 00:59.622
  2. '04 Porsche Carrera GT: 1:00.977
  3. '02 Ferrari Enzo: 1:01.665
  4. '09 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640: 1:02.969

400 Meter Top 25

1. '09 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640: 10.364 (Pretty realistic :lol:)
  2. '13 Porsche 918 Spyder: 10.812
  3. '02 Ferrari Enzo: 11.490
  4. '04 Porsche Carrera GT: 11.532

BONUS!!

2020 Toyota GR Supra RZ vs 2023 Nissan Z Performance

Great job.

I plan on doing something like this with all the stock road cars as well in the future but in Suzuka instead of Tsukuba since Suzuka is longer and would show the car's strengths and weaknesses better as it has a good mix of high speed corners, slow speed corners, elevation changes, straights and technical corners.

But I look forward to revisit your times here. That LP640 0-400m time is really not realistic, much like the 918 Spyder isn't. Both are like 1 second off, one too fast and the other too slow, respectively.

I'll also wait for PD to implement a stand alone Drag Racing and Top Speed mode, much like we had in all previous GTs from 1 to 5. It's really bollocks that we don't have this feature in GT7 yet. A lot of us love to just do these simple tests on our cars.

Great job.

I plan on doing something like this with all the stock road cars as well in the future but in Suzuka instead of Tsukuba since Suzuka is longer and would show the car's strengths and weaknesses better as it has a good mix of high speed corners, slow speed corners, elevation changes, straights and technical corners.

But I look forward to revisit your times here. That LP640 0-400m time is really not realistic, much like the 918 Spyder isn't. Both are like 1 second off, one too fast and the other too slow, respectively.

I'll also wait for PD to implement a stand alone Drag Racing and Top Speed mode, much like we had in all previous GTs from 1 to 5. It's really bollocks that we don't have this feature in GT7 yet. A lot of us love to just do these simple tests on our cars.
Thank you.

That will be great, Suzuka is one of the best courses to test cars on indeed.

Please feel free to share your times if you do.

The times are a bit ridiculous between those two... but I hope the physics become more accurate as the game is updated.

And just as you said I really hope they add drag racing, and a legitimate power and speed test mode SOON! It's such a simple thing to have.

Until then I'll continue making these videos, but if they add these features then I'll redo them.

Last edited:
Great job.

Tsukuba is the place to go. There's a reason most automotive video and magazines use it for time trials, not to mention it's themain Time Attack circuit.

Tsukuba is the place to go. There's a reason most automotive video and magazines use it for time trials, not to mention it's themain Time Attack circuit.
Tsukuba is not bad for time attacks at all, it has some good corners to test the cornering ability of the road cars, but its too short, which is both a good and a bad thing. Its good because there's less margin of error, but its bad because it doesn't have enough high speed corners to truly test the car's grip or straights long enough to fully test the car's power and drag.

And it's much cheaper to rent Tsukuba than it is to rent a Grade 1 Circuit like Suzuka that features all types of top class motor racing events.

Nurburging would also be ideal, but it's too long... Imagine the time we would have to spend on EACH car until we get a perfect lap for each of them to truly represent its performance?

Suzuka has everything in a much smaller form factor, while still being long enough with several types of corners, and it has a far smoother road as well.

Car acceleration/top speed/drag : Start/Finish Straight - Backstretch
Slow Speed Corners : Hairpin - Chicane (mainly tests a car's steering radius)
Medium Speed Corners (Or Technical corners as I call them) : Turn 1+2 - Esses - Degner 1 and 2 - Spoon (corners that test a car's downforce and grip at medium speeds)
High Speed Corners : Dunlop - 200R - 130R ( corners that test a car's ability to turn at full or almost full throttle, high speed downforce and grip).

Latest Posts

Back