Gran Turismo 7 Deep Forest Glitch

• Thread starter Redaxelone
  • 18 comments
Wales
Wales
Posting here as I haven't had a response on twitter. Getting a glitch on the hairpin on Deep Forest and have been since the game was released (I assumed it would sort itself out naturally). Here's the glitch video:

In the video (linked), turning the steering wheel to the left, the wheel freezes and you can't rotate the car more. It then overcompensates and causes a spin. Its only happened to me on this corner so far and its every lap... its not the wheel as it works normally on all other tracks and I play F1 too and that works fine.

I'm sure that it's worked fine with Gr3 cars, in this video I'm using a Skyline

This is not Deep Forest exclusive, nor Skyline (although from what I've tested most Skylines have the same issue).

It happens with plenty of cars and there's nothing you can do about it, sadly.

Posting here as I haven't had a response on twitter. Getting a glitch on the hairpin on Deep Forest and have been since the game was released (I assumed it would sort itself out naturally). Here's the glitch video:

In the video (linked), turning the steering wheel to the left, the wheel freezes and you can't rotate the car more. It then overcompensates and causes a spin. Its only happened to me on this corner so far and its every lap... its not the wheel as it works normally on all other tracks and I play F1 too and that works fine.

I've experienced the same thing shown in your video but not sure it's a bug because not all cars do it. The Gr. 3 Viper did the same thing (even with @praiano63 settings) but I found not lifting all the way off the throttle and keeping some weight over rear reduced the tendency but if you are not very careful it will still spin.

Just ran a WRS event a while back using a BMW M3 with SM tires with stock settings and I never had it spin on corner entry. I know I've driven others that don't have the problem but can't say for sure which cars.

Interesting. I’ve never had a car do that there, but I had a similar issue with an Integra regardless of the track it would lock up like that at a certain point in turning. I just tried my R32 and R33 there on that turn real quick and both fine for me. I’m assuming it’s an issue as result of some custom suspension setting you have set.

I keep having this happen with random cars in random corners but I think it's more common with race cars.

Today it happened to me on three separate occasions.
First in the TS050 at Suzuka. First Turn and S curves, slight but noticeable and without real impact on traction.
Later in the Gr3 McLaren F1 on the approach to Eau Rouge, this one is consistent and I am having trouble saving it.
And finally in the Alpine A220. I don't remember which track, but I've seen it happen in most turns there. This car is all over the place.

Funnily enough we have no way of knowing if it's intended but no other game I play does this, nor do I remember this being a thing in previous Gran Turismo games.

Wheels are hitting the arch and thus can't steer further.
Case closed :lol:
Serious question: is that an actual thing in this game? I know it is in real life obviously, but that was my first thought when I had the issue with my Integra so I put it back at stock height and it still did it and the wheels I had on it were +1 inch and not wide and visually it appeared as though it cleared in turns during replay. Didn’t have any crazy camber or anything going on either so I pretty much gave up, bought a new Integra from UCD and never had that issue with it despite lowering it and going with pretty much the same setup I had on the 1st one where I had the issue. I chalked it up to a weird setting or combination of settings the game just didn’t like or know how to render or whatever even though it makes no sense or that it was maybe somehow for some reason tied to that specific vehicle which also makes no sense.

You have your front set too low for sure, probably wide body, wide wheels and wheel offset.
The wheels are impeded to turn by the wheel arches.
The Deep Forest hairpin is one of those places that amplifies this issue, as it is a tight downhill corner, after heavy braking, with all the weight hanging on the front, compressing the suspension to the max.

Serious question: is that an actual thing in this game? I know it is in real life obviously, but that was my first thought when I had the issue with my Integra so I put it back at stock height and it still did it and the wheels I had on it were +1 inch and not wide and visually it appeared as though it cleared in turns during replay. Didn’t have any crazy camber or anything going on either so I pretty much gave up, bought a new Integra from UCD and never had that issue with it despite lowering it and going with pretty much the same setup I had on the 1st one where I had the issue. I chalked it up to a weird setting or combination of settings the game just didn’t like or know how to render or whatever even though it makes no sense or that it was maybe somehow for some reason tied to that specific vehicle which also makes no sense.
It is yeah, new to this game - wasn't in the older ones.

[it] wasn't in the older ones.
Can confirm, see the front fender in this pic from GTS :lol:
20180404225106.jpg

How soft was the ride (damper settings/natural frequency).

If they're too soft, that could potentially cause scrubbing under load due to play in the oscillation of the springs, even if the ride height isn't extremely low.

It is yeah, new to this game - wasn't in the older ones.
I was gonna say I remember in the older ones I could see tires poking through fenders and it drive just fine defying all logic. Same with NFS Heat.

How soft was the ride (damper settings/natural frequency).

If they're too soft, that could potentially cause scrubbing under load due to play in the oscillation of the springs, even if the ride height isn't extremely low.
I’m not too sure but I do know I rarely adjust damper settings and when I do it’s to make them a bit stiffer if anything. Natural Frequency on the other hand I always adjust but don’t remember the specific settings of them on this car, but certainly I made them stiffer as thats the look/feel I was going for (early 2000s tuner look). I never spent the time to troubleshoot it and fix it as it was faster/easier for me to buy another and start from scratch, and in this case for whatever reason it worked for me.

Serious question: is that an actual thing in this game? I know it is in real life obviously, but that was my first thought when I had the issue with my Integra so I put it back at stock height and it still did it and the wheels I had on it were +1 inch and not wide and visually it appeared as though it cleared in turns during replay. Didn’t have any crazy camber or anything going on either so I pretty much gave up, bought a new Integra from UCD and never had that issue with it despite lowering it and going with pretty much the same setup I had on the 1st one where I had the issue. I chalked it up to a weird setting or combination of settings the game just didn’t like or know how to render or whatever even though it makes no sense or that it was maybe somehow for some reason tied to that specific vehicle which also makes no

Thanks everyone for replying, I had no idea this would actually be a feature in the game (racing game novice) I'll try out all the advice 😀

Last edited:
I had no idea this would actually be a feature in the game (racing game novice)
IMO it makes no sense at all for the game to have this feature. As nobody would ever want to set a car up so that the tyres hit the bodywork, it's pretty pointless to waste computational power on constantly doing the spatial calculations while driving to check for it. It would make more sense for the setup parameters to not allow it, i.e. do the calculation while the user is setting the car up and display a message saying that the parameter can't be changed beyond the current value because the tyres could hit the bodywork under some conditions.

IMO it makes no sense at all for the game to have this feature. As nobody would ever want to set a car up so that the tyres hit the bodywork, it's pretty pointless to waste computational power on constantly doing the spatial calculations while driving to check for it. It would make more sense for the setup parameters to not allow it, i.e. do the calculation while the user is setting the car up and display a message saying that the parameter can't be changed beyond the current value because the tyres could hit the bodywork under some conditions.
Totally agree, in the end you are a driver having a team of mechanics. You are telling them "make as low as possible" and then they would do it to the point where you can still turn the wheels, they wont make it as low as the chassis touching the tarmac.

Back