Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,542 comments
So I was wrong, you can indeed add all 'fixed' upgrades, below are the max settings:

View attachment 1212486
View attachment 1212487

Edit: I don't think it is very beneficial to install those upgrades, car works well at 700 PP without.
Sweet, looks great. Thanks for taking the time do share this, it‘s much appreciated.

That is interesting that can still do so many of the engine upgrades afterwards.

(Edited, didn’t see your comment at the bottom about recommending not doing the engine upgrades)

I’m curious, is the “buy new engine” in tune store available for you to undo them or does that get rid or your swap altogether.. Otherwise I guess one would literally need an extra swappable engine to remove them…

Thanks again

Last edited:
I really need another 1 of this engine then lol
So i just swaped it into S2000. It seems the weight ratio did not change ! it's still 50:50. But since it's a FR car and HR-414 is lighter i asumed ratio will change...

Max pp for Amuse is 812. It's completly new car now i need to tune it up :P

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2022-12-2 o 15.49.05.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2022-12-2 o 15.49.05.png
    123 KB · Views: 23
Sweet, looks great. Thanks for taking the time do share this, it‘s much appreciated.

That is interesting that can still do so many of the engine upgrades afterwards.

(Edited, didn’t see your comment at the bottom about recommending not doing the engine upgrades)

I’m curious, is the “buy new engine” in tune store available for you to undo them or does that get rid or your swap altogether.. Otherwise I guess one would literally need an extra swappable engine to remove them…

Thanks again
No problem, glad I could help 👍
The new engine in the store will indeed give you the original engine, not the swap unfortunately a new swap engine, I have done it.
Regarding the 'engine tuning' upgrades, ideally I'd obviously have 2 swapped 4C, one maxed and one not but if I was to choose, having driven both, I'd now stick to the one without 'engine tuning' upgrades, feels slightly better to drive and it has a slightly better weight/power ratio (at 700PP at least).

Edited since my mistake was kindly pointed out to me.

Last edited:
I rly can't decide :D Both are must have, i just think s-2000 should be swaped first. you are geting another great top tier street car that way. NSX is already God like with all the s-parts.

From performance stand point i did some reaserch and testing and in my opinion

S-2000
  • Is becoming a corner king. New engine is changing the weight ratio for more rear heavy, with is actually a good thing. S-2000 seems to strugle in low speed corners when it is set on 50:50.
  • stock Amuse engine is bad. Power band is bad, power is bad, turbo is bad. HR-414E is kinda unloking this car, S-2000 is just beging for more power.
  • it's so stable and easy to drive. Aero behave like racing car. You just cut into the corners
  • brakes are on another level than NSX ones.
  • You dont even need a wing ! with give you a great looks, and you still planted to the road.

NSX '02
  • there are actually 2 ways to make it stable and extremly fast. First - is by extreme tuning susp and aero, susp is set up very high and it looks rly bad;( (tune made by Priaiano), Second - is changing weight ratio to 50:50 by adding 140 kilograms.
  • Ppl say it gets up to 850pp. I know pp is just numbers, but still it's prty amazing, score of 850+ is like top 5 road cars in the game.
  • Top speed is 440 km/h !
Still, I rly love the stock engine of nsx, is just perfect.

Basicly the question is, do you want speed, or G-force ? :P

Wow that's a pretty cool set up who also fit perfectly on the 92.
I did 0:53.060 on Tsukuba which is better than a maxed 918 on racing soft.
I'm gonna try on the Nurburgring.
But dude, you completly fixed the car who was undrivable.
My handling set up was close to your but the front was so unstable I had to put 40kg ballast on the front.
Thanks again !

As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far (with the Porsche M96/76 only seen in trailers and not the game thus far). Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Updated: November 29/v1.26

Audi

• BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Audi TTS Coupe '14 (!)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
  • R5-20vT-Quattro-Pikes (Audi S1 Quattro Pikes Peak '87)
    • Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 (!!)

BMW
  • P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
    • BMW 3.0 CSL '73
    • BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet
  • LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)
    • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  • LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
    • Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
  • LT4-Camaro (Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 '18)
    • TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 (!)
  • LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray '69
    • Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94
    • Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
    • Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16

Dodge
  • Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)
    • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
    • Plymouth Superbird '70

Ferrari
  • F136F-458 (Ferrari 458 Italia '09)
    • Alfa Romeo 4C '14 (!)

Ford
  • Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • DeTomaso Pantera '71
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
  • V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test (Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car)
    • Ford Focus RS '18
  • Voodoo-5.2L-GT350R (Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R)
    • Ford Roadster '32

Honda
  • HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16)
    • Amuse S2000 GT1
    • Honda NSX Type R '92
    • Honda NSX Type R '02
    • Subaru BRZ Drift Car
  • K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)
    • Honda Beat '91 (!)
    • Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
    • Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
    • Mini Cooper S '65

Lexus
  • 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
    • Toyota Crown Athlete G
    • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19

Mazda
  • 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
    • Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
    • Suzuki Cappuccino '91
  • R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
    • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
    • Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12

Nissan
  • SR20DET-Silvia-S15 (Nissan Silvia S15)
    • Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
  • VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '08)
    • Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
  • VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
    • Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
    • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
    • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX
    • Nissan Silvia Touring Car

Porsche
  • M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
  • M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
    • Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Roadster Shop
  • LS7-Rampage (Roadster Shop Rampage)
    • Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera
    • DeLorean DMC-12 S2 '04 (!!!)

Subaru
  • LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)
    • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)

Suzuki
  • H25A-Escudo (Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special)
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final '15 (!!)

Toyota
  • 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)
    • Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
    • Subaru BRZ S '21
    • Toyota GR86 RZ '21
    • Toyota GR Yaris '20

Incidentally, don't do any of this to get infinite engines:

Because it doesn't work as of v1.18

Number of exclamation marks in parentheses denotes my comparative level of "what the actual" ness
I did see someone mention in the general discussion thread that the R26B from the 787B was another engine swap
I just ran against a couple of Porshe 918's with an engine swap????

The new engine in the store will give you the original engine, not the swap unfortunately.

I

Think

Regarding the 'engine tuning' upgrades, ideally I'd obviously have 2 swapped 4C, one maxed and one not but if I was to choose, having driven both, I'd now stick to the one without 'engine tuning' upgrades, feels slightly better to drive and it has a slightly better weight/power ratio (at 700PP at least).

The new engine in the store will give you the original engine, not the swap unfortunately.

Regarding the 'engine tuning' upgrades, ideally I'd obviously have 2 swapped 4C, one mxed and one not but if I was to choose, having driven both, I'd now stick to the one without 'engine tuning' upgrades, feels slihtly better to drive and it has a slightly better weight/poIbam wer ratio (at 700PP at least).

I am pretty sure if you installed an engine swap and click new engine in the tuning shop, it will give you a stock engine swap and not the original engine. I remember getting a new engine for the V8 MR2 and it just reset the V8. Unless they changed it with a recent patch.

The new swap for the NSX could pass as a K20 swap. I won it just like many others from the questionnaire rewards, and it gives me those vibes.

It's pretty awesome... and the sound in the NSX's cockpit is incredible!

I may create a tune for drag racing, or a time attack tune.

Anyone got the NSX engine on the drift car? How does it feel?

I suppose the smooth power curve of the engine makes the car become a viable track day car instead of just a drift missile.
I went with the '02 NSX and its pretty great. I definitely want a few more of these engines as I could see the BRZ being fantastic with this engine. Same with the Amuse S2k, though I'd rather have the normal S2K be the car we could swap this engine into.

We need another bonanza! Or a way to buy the engines at the very least...

I am pretty sure if you installed an engine swap and click new engine in the tuning shop, it will give you a stock engine swap and not the original engine. I remember getting a new engine for the V8 MR2 and it just reset the V8. Unless they changed it with a recent patch.
You're absolutely right and I stand corrected.
I remembered reading here that the engine would revert to the factory one but hadn't checked myself when I posted.
Thanks to your post, I have now just done it and can confirm that the swap engine remains.
Apologies for any confusion I may have created.

The new swap for the NSX could pass as a K20 swap. I won it just like many others from the questionnaire rewards, and it gives me those vibes.

It's pretty awesome... and the sound in the NSX's cockpit is incredible!

I may create a tune for drag racing, or a time attack tune.
Definitely looking for a stable Time Attack/Race tune for the NSX ‘02 swap, keep me updated and I’ll monitor this thread aswell

Seriously, I’d trade it for a couple Quattro engines for the GTIs. I‘d be driving them heaps. Wouldn’t want to ruin a classic NSX with a turbo 4. :sly:
I am praying; that in the future they offer some sort of exchange like the gift feature they already had.

And maybe implement a "trade" point system, to keep it from being abused. Kind of like a daily, and the car selling...maybe you have to participate in sport race to earn community trade points. You can only trade parts once per day, if you have enough trade points?!

There are ways to do it without abuse to their precious in game economy". It can't be ruined any worse than the bonanza did.

Last edited:
Seriously, I’d trade it for a couple Quattro engines for the GTIs. I‘d be driving them heaps. Wouldn’t want to ruin a classic NSX with a turbo 4. :sly:
I have no idea why they didn't just use the C32B-NSX-GT500 V6 engine from the 2008 EPSON NSX GT500 for the NSX roadcars as a swap instead...

My guy throws out the S660 but refuses to suggest the Beat.

The AUDACITY science better left untested.
Figured the Beat already had a swap, so I could leave it out.
But hey, if we ever get multiple swaps for each car... you know what I'm gonna suggest. :sly:

Figured the Beat already had a swap, so I could leave it out.
But hey, if we ever get multiple swaps for each car... you know what I'm gonna suggest. :sly:
You raise a good point. Every car so far has only one engine swap. Hopefully PDs reading this thread. 👀

Last edited:
Back