Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,544 comments
View attachment 1121567

Found this on Youtube, so does that mean the Bac Mono is compatible with the 787b engine??

I don't think so. The Mono is listed there because the player has received a part from a roulette for it (exhaust, engine upgrade etc.)

Working out what's compatible is really quite annoying because it only tells you if the engine is compatible for the car you are currently using. I received a Porsche engine yesterday, at first it looked like I couldn't use it with anything, but after switching to a beetle it suddenly gained the option to be installed. Like I said, this is really annoying because to be 100% sure on what's compatible with what, I think you literally need to switch to every single car in your garage to check for compatibility.

Caution !! not sure if its a major bug on something I did but,

I Had a Samba Bus with an Porsche engine swap, I did some setup changes on it and notice my rims has default back to original rims - I went to GT auto the change my rims back. After I change my rims, I lost my engine swap with no way to recover it ??

I would hold out in swapping engines, if this is in fact a bug.

Same problem here. Swapped the 787b engine into an RX-7 FD. An hour later it was stock again and the engine lost. :-/

263lbs (120kg) lighter than the original motor, that's incredible :lol:
It should do wonders for the cars weight balance. It is an all aluminum V8, smaller displacement, as well. My buddy doesn't have the Super Bee or Daytona, but we speculate it would be a compatible swap with those Mopar beasts as well.

I can't fathom how they thought this was a good way to acquire anything in the game, let alone a feature pretty much everyone has been gasping for over a decade.
It appears collector level has no impact on the rarity of ticket you receive daily. I'm level 35, received two 1 star tickets in a row. They're basically worthless.

... Like I said, this is really annoying because to be 100% sure on what's compatible with what, I think you literally need to switch to every single car in your garage to check for compatibility.
If I managed to win an engine swap, I'd be checking every single car I had! Even buying new ones to serve as potential donor recipients 😂

I would advise anyone who has managed to collect an engine to not fit it for now, multiple stories of the game forgetting that the new engine has been fitted. And I watched a stream last night where the 787b engine survived one race, and then disappeared into the ether never to be seen again.

So all in all the engine swaps are too much of cluster-duck to consider a useable part of the game.

I would advise anyone who has managed to collect an engine to not fit it for now, multiple stories of the game forgetting that the new engine has been fitted. And I watched a stream last night where the 787b engine survived one race, and then disappeared into the ether never to be seen again.

So all in all the engine swaps are too much of cluster-duck to consider a useable part of the game.

They fixed something this morning, but engine aren't available in gt auto, only in ***** roulettes. PD🤡🤡🤡

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 5.51.51 PM.png

looks like the 787b engine is also compatible with the latest in game viper and 911 gt3rs

Well to be fair, if they made them like that, nobody would have original engines in their cars, it would be weird. An engine swap should be somewhat rare IMO, not like going to buy a pack of gum from the corner shop.
rare doesnt mean dumb roulettes, in 4 years of gts never got cars over 2 mill in spins, plenty of **** go karts near expensive cars , in gt7 all 4 stars tickets with 5k cr, 6 star last ticket with a rx vgt gr3 that i already had for preorder. Sometimes PD department is dumb like anyone

Last edited:
Back