Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,552 comments
I really wanted the ford engine to swap into my Focus RS but all i got was another nissan engine.lol.So in desparation i quit eacj time i opened the ticket,in the vain hope it might change.After 6 restarts i settled with the nissan engine. :lol:
Back to hoping that the daily ticket might be the lucky one,feel like the kid in willy wonka.
The ticket rewards only change after each major update if you kept that ticket for the next big patch the engine reward would of changed.

I'm really glad the 5.0L Coyote now has the Pantera as a compatible car. I was thinking about putting it into the Mustang Mach 1 I had modded for racing, but that'd mean all the credits I spent on that car's engine would go to waste. So I'm glad I have another option. Plus, the Pantera already uses a Ford engine as-stock, so it's neat that we can use a more modern Ford engine in it. Say, speaking of American engines in Italian cars, didn't the Iso Grifo use a Chevrolet engine?

Last edited:
I'm really glad the 5.0L Coyote now has the Pantera as a compatible car. I was thinking about putting it into the Mustang Mach 1 I had modded for racing, but that'd mean all the credits I spent on that car's engine would go to waste. So I'm glad I have another option. Plus, the Pantera already uses a Ford engine as-stock, so it's neat that we can use a more modern Ford engine in it. Say, speaking of American engines in Italian cars, didn't the Iso Grifo use a Chevrolet engine?
Depending on year/model the Iso Grifo has used the 327 Chevy, 427 Chevy, 454 Chevy, and 351 Ford engines.

The Alfa Romeo TZ3 used a 8.2l Viper engine

Last edited:
p78
@MIE1992 just buy a new Mach 1, that's what I do, if I already put money in a car.
It's not only bout wasting money on upgrade. After getting every engine, i started buying a second one of the same car of every car that has an engine swap option. My rx7 with 787b is great but i want a stock one too. Now i even have 2 de loreans. Stock one sucks but i have. The good pert is oi have 2 s class parts for stock de lorean parts which you can't use after swapping engine. So even my stock de lorean is flies now lol.

Yeahhhhhh…..but people don’t actually do that

You don’t see old chevys with Ford motors…..you see old fords with Chevy motors….and then Mazdas forever getting LS swapped
When you hang around the correct people, you see it ALL the time ;) I've had 302 powered Silvia's, Volvo wagons etc... But that was way before LSes were readily available. I still would have chosen Ford power though even if they were...

Last edited:
DeLorean engine swap

Attachments

• 20220802_005502.jpg
    20220802_005502.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220802_011830.jpg
    20220802_011830.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine from high school put a Ford 302 from an early-90's fox body Mustang into a late-80s FC RX-7. These kinds of swaps should be out there, and not all of them should be LS-based. :rolleyes:
Forgive my ignorance, but I've seen "LS-based" mentioned a few times in here - what does it mean?

A family of small block V8 engines developed by General Motors primarily under their Corvette/Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am/GTO brands, as well as being used in some truck applications.

Did my first engine swap today (I missed the Bonanza).

Civic '20 engine into the '98 Civic. I thought the most appropriate test was Trial Mountain to compare with this week's time trial.

It would get Silver

I suppose I got lucky with that hypercar parade engine ticket since it was the GT LM. Now, I love the Integrale with VR38, it was rather easy to tune the handling to be satisfactory. That being said, Focus RS LM is my new absolute favorite car in the game, even surpassing the R26B RX7. I bought all full custom parts for it and three test laps into tuning it, it handled like a dream on Tokyo Expressway. Dropped the transmission back to stock (since I H pattern anyways), de-tuned it for 600pp with sport hards and now the money grind isn't a grind at least for a while. Can have all sorts of fun drifting through wet patches without a worry while also zero-stopping the race in 27ish minutes. Also made another tune for 700pp on Lacuna Seca and it can very easily corner pass those Gr4's.

Oooft the RS LM-GT is epic. Its pretty good just dumped in stock, but I want to nail the tune as it feels like it only needs a little honing to be perfect unlike virtually all the other swaps in my experience.

This swap is making a place in my heart for Fords ❤️ ; Ive always veered toward the JDM culture. It's rocketing up my list of favourites.

Last edited:
When there are multiple cars that are comparible with an engine, I wonder which choices stand out? So far, I could say that the GT-R Nismo engine and the Civic Type R ‘20 engine are great for the Lancia Delta and Mini Cooper ‘65, respectively, but what other examples of this could we name? I wouldn’t count the Porsche engine as another example, as I think it’s a good fit for either of the two Volkswagens. (Though I personally plan to put it into a spare Sambabus, because I think it’d be funny.)

I have three engines: those from the Supra ‘97, the GT-R Nismo, and the Coyote 5.0L. I plan to put the GT-R engine into a dark blue Lancia Delta once I see one in the UCD, and the Coyote 5.0L into a Pantera. So that leaves the Supra engine as the one where I’m not as sure what to do with. I’m personally debating if it should go into a GR86, or a GR Yaris. Not to mention that I’ll have a fourth engine, once I clear the Hypercar Parade events with my Vulcan.

Last edited:
When there are multiple cars that are comparible with an engine, I wonder which choices stand out? So far, I could say that the GT-R Nismo engine and the Civic Type R ‘20 engine are great for the Lancia Delta and Mini Cooper ‘65, respectively, but what other examples of this could we name? I wouldn’t count the Porsche engine as another example, as I think it’s a good fit for either of the two Volkswagens. (Though I personally plan to put it into a spare Sambabus, because I think it’d be funny.)

I have three engines: those from the Supra ‘97, the GT-R Nismo, and the Coyote 5.0L. I plan to put the GT-R engine into a dark blue Lancia Delta once I see one in the UCD, and the Coyote 5.0L into a Pantera. So that leaves the Supra engine as the one where I’m not as sure what to do with. I’m personally debating if it should go into a GR86, or a GR Yaris. Not to mention that I’ll have a fourth engine, once I clear the Hypercar Parade events with my Vulcan.
I think the RX-787 is stand out for sure. It's the one I want.

Loving the swaps situation but must confess that braking is so poor even with the Racing Brakes upgrade.

Depends what you want to do with those swaps.

I like drifting, so the S15 2JZ is a great car, i think it's the best swap drift wise.

What does bother me that you are stuck with a 5 speed gear box.

So the newer cars benefit more from swaps then older cars, imo.

Can anyone else confirm that the K20C(Civic Type R motor) can not longer go into the acura integra?
I had a Civic Type R swapped integra I couldnt find it, so I went to swap another integra and it will not let me do the swap.

Can anyone else confirm that the K20C(Civic Type R motor) can not longer go into the acura integra?
I had a Civic Type R swapped integra I couldnt find it, so I went to swap another integra and it will not let me do the swap.
Make sure it's the correct year model Integra.

IMO, the best swaps are the ones where they get the Z4 GT3 engine, the Lexus GT500 engine, or the 787B engine. I hope I get the GT LM one when I do that menu book. Swaps for race engines are actually usable against Gr4/Gr3 cars, especially in the grindable Le Mans and Sardegna races. Swaps for road car engines just make inefficient cars even more inefficient in races with fuel consumption.

It’s the 98 integra type r that’s swappable

Thank you! The opening post helps a lot. I dont know what PD was thinking when they created the swapable engines and put them into a menu where nobody knows which cars they are for.

Latest Posts

Back