Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,548 comments
no way that all aluminum v8 is a 100 lbs heavier than the all cast delorean v6
The PRV engine is also mostly-aluminum, with cast-iron sleeves in the cylinders, and is less than half the displacement.
Might wanna check the DeLorean one. The car in the game is the DMC-12 S2 - Not the original one from the 80s, but a restomod from the 2000s
"Restomod" is right. There were no Series 2 (S2) models produced as DMC Texas never followed through with its plans to create new builds with the parts they bought, but DMC Texas did offer the 197-hp engine intended for it, either as a "new" build or as a rebuild.

The PRV engine is also mostly-aluminum, with cast-iron sleeves in the cylinders, and is less than half the displacement.

"Restomod" is right. There were no Series 2 (S2) models produced as DMC Texas never followed through with its plans to create new builds with the parts they bought, but DMC Texas did offer the 197-hp engine intended for it, either as a "new" build or as a rebuild.
appreciate the correction

Now, the real question is why we can't plop the 13B-REW in it as it was originally designed for a rotary engine. But hey, that would be a somewhat logical swap and this is PD :D lol

Will there ever be four exclaimation marks? Maybe there will, if a VERY weird swap (for example, something like a NSX engine in a Fiat 500) happens

Bare in mind though that LS engines are pushrod and that makes them very small and light for their displacement.

Heres a 4.0 1UZ on the left next to a "big" LS, now the LS here is the LS1 but the 7 litre LS7 that swaps into the DeLoran is the same physical size, so not far off twice the displacement too ;)

1uzvsls1-55c7aedc287c0.jpg

I hope they bother to change the silly engine compatibility issues with this game, these LS engines should go into any FR car on the game outside of a Suzuki Cappuccino lol.

Bare in mind though that LS engines are pushrod and that makes them very small and light for their displacement.

Heres a 4.0 1UZ on the left next to a "big" LS, now the LS here is the LS1 but the 7 litre LS7 that swaps into the DeLoran is the same physical size, so not far off twice the displacement too ;)

1uzvsls1-55c7aedc287c0.jpg

I hope they bother to change the silly engine compatibility issues with this game, these LS engines should go into any FR car on the game outside of a Suzuki Cappuccino lol.
Nice, but I note that the 1UZ has a lot of accessories on it, while the LS1 is "clean", lacking even the water pump. Oh, the LS1 is still rather longer than the 1UZ.

I hope they allow some type of V12 swap so I can put one in the TVR to make a sort of Speed 12. I know they put 2 6 cyl together to make the 12 cyl but if this allow this it would be great

I have a few engines I'm not sure what to do with. I have the Z4 GT3 engine, plus the one from the Supra A80. For the latter, I want to either put it into the GR Yaris or the GR 86 in particular. For both of these engines, which would you say offers a notably higher maximum horsepower, when compared to simply tuning up the respective stock engines of the eligible cars?

I have a few engines I'm not sure what to do with. I have the Z4 GT3 engine, plus the one from the Supra A80. For the latter, I want to either put it into the GR Yaris or the GR 86 in particular. For both of these engines, which would you say offers a notably higher maximum horsepower, when compared to simply tuning up the respective stock engines of the eligible cars?
With stock engines, the GR86 maxes out at around 397 HP, while the Yaris maxes out at 415 HP. However, with special parts, the GR86 instead maxes out at 448 HP, while the Yaris currently cannot receive special parts.

So I guess it's up to you.

With stock engines, the GR86 maxes out at around 397 HP, while the Yaris maxes out at 415 HP. However, with special parts, the GR86 instead maxes out at 448 HP, while the Yaris currently cannot receive special parts.

So I guess it's up to you.
Looks like it’s into the Yaris it goes, then. Plus, I recall that sort of swap being done IRL, too.

I can’t decide which BMW I should put that Z4 GT3 engine into, especially with this week’s Daily Race A. I’d say that I want to put it into whichever car will end up having the bigger increase in maximum horsepower, so I could use that car for a larger variety of PP/HP limits.

Fortunately, I never bought any tuning parts for my BMW M3 (E46) for this exact reason, so once I know which car is better for the Z4 GT3 engine, I’ll feel more content to buy the respective tuning parts for my M3.

Last edited:
I can’t decide which BMW I should put that Z4 GT3 engine into, especially with this week’s Daily Race A. I’d say that I want to put it into whichever car will end up having the bigger increase in maximum horsepower, so I could use that car for a larger variety of PP/HP limits.

Fortunately, I never bought any tuning parts for my BMW M3 (E46) for this exact reason, so once I know which car is better for the Z4 GT3 engine, I’ll feel more content to buy the respective tuning parts for my M3.
The M3 is easily replaced at the dealership, just buy a 2nd one.

Finally i have the V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test engine from the ticket lottery,ready to swap into the Focus RS.Anybody who has already done this how much does it improve the RS?The cars is already great on Tokyo wet so i assume its more torquey,should be good on the Tokyo 12 laps.

kjb
I hope they allow some type of V12 swap so I can put one in the TVR to make a sort of Speed 12. I know they put 2 6 cyl together to make the 12 cyl but if this allow this it would be great
Pal you got a solid idea here. I hope they add some V12 swaps too, like the Toyota 1GZ-FE.

I am optimistic for the future, because they've added more engines and more swap options over time.

It's OK getting more engine swaps added but they still need to be more generous with the engine tickets so people can actually get them. Any ticket that gives me a bonanza engine I've been quitting the game and saving for the next monthly update. Worked this time around and got the Ford GT engine first time up but still no luck getting the rampage engine yet.

I think we should collect more information on which cars benefit the most from which engines. I mean in the sense of comparing the maximum power of a fully-tuned car with its stock engine with that same fully-tuned car with an engine swap. That way, when an engine can be put into multiple models, we can better-determine which car is best.

For example, I took a look at GTS' stats on the Pantera and Mustang Mach 1, and then I compared it to those of the Mustang GT '15, as the last of which has the engine that can be put into the first two cars I mentioned - the Coyote 5.0L. It would seem that if the maximum power of a car in GTS is the same as it is in GT7 - including special parts - then there's not too much difference in power between say, a fully-tuned Pantera engine and a fully-tuned Pantera with the Coyote 5.0L.

Now, it's not like I'm going to actually spec out a swapped car to have that maximum power all the time, as it may simply become uncontrollable. But it'd be nice to have a broader range of options, in case there's a regulation of HP or PP where the car can only reach that metric with a swapped engine.

The two major examples of this would be the Lancia Delta and the Mini Cooper '65, where they are ideal candidates for the GT-R Nismo engine and the K20, respectively. That's what I want to hear more about. Similarly, I recall the 2JZ-GTE can be really nice on the GR Yaris. Not only will being a 4WD car likely help handle high power outputs, but the GR Yaris has less power fully-tuned with its stock engine when compared to say, a fully-tuned GR 86. So putting the 2JZ in the GR Yaris seems to be a splendid fit since it offers it a broader range of HP depending on your power restrictor/ECU settings; it's even a swap that's actually occurred IRL, too.

I think it's also a bit early to determine this when an engine can only go in one car, or if more than one car seems good. Respective examples would be the engine that can only go into the DeLorean S2 so far, and the Porsche engine that can be put into the two older Volkswagens. (Though I'm totally putting it into the Sambabus for giggles.) For that Delorean, that Rampage engine does seem to boost its power a lot, but I want to wait and see what else we might be able to put it into.

Last edited:
I think we should collect more information on which cars benefit the most from which engines. I mean in the sense of comparing the maximum power of a fully-tuned car with its stock engine with that same fully-tuned car with an engine swap. That way, when an engine can be put into multiple models, we can better-determine which car is best.

For example, I took a look at GTS' stats on the Pantera and Mustang Mach 1, and then I compared it to those of the Mustang GT '15, as the last of which has the engine that can be put into the first two cars I mentioned - the Coyote 5.0L. It would seem that if the maximum power of a car in GTS is the same as it is in GT7 - including special parts - then there's not too much difference in power between say, a fully-tuned Pantera engine and a fully-tuned Pantera with the Coyote 5.0L.

Now, it's not like I'm going to actually spec out a swapped car to have that maximum power all the time, as it may simply become uncontrollable. But it'd be nice to have a broader range of options, in case there's a regulation of HP or PP where the car can only reach that metric with a swapped engine.

The two major examples of this would be the Lancia Delta and the Mini Cooper '65, where they are ideal candidates for the GT-R Nismo engine and the K20, respectively. That's what I want to hear more about. Similarly, I recall the 2JZ-GTE can be really nice on the GR Yaris. Not only will being a 4WD car likely help handle high power outputs, but the GR Yaris has less power fully-tuned with its stock engine when compared to say, a fully-tuned GR 86. So putting the 2JZ in the GR Yaris seems to be a splendid fit since it offers it a broader range of HP depending on your power restrictor/ECU settings; it's even a swap that's actually occurred IRL, too.

I think it's also a bit early to determine this when an engine can only go in one car, or if more than one car seems good. Respective examples would be the engine that can only go into the DeLorean S2 so far, and the Porsche engine that can be put into the two older Volkswagens. (Though I'm totally putting it into the Sambabus for giggles.) For that Delorean, that Rampage engine does seem to boost its power a lot, but I want to wait and see what else we might be able to put it into.
Well thanks to bonanza i have each car that has engine swaps. And even every one of em have 2 swapped versions seperatly. One wide body one stock body. And still have more than 15 of each engine lol. Other than lm and rampage of course. I only have one rampage on a de lorean. And it flies... Btw each off those swappable cars has a stock version fully upgraded too. 😂

My favorites are gr yaris, s15 swapped s13, de lorean, Supra brz, and brz drift car swapped Nissan. Though i need at least 2 3 level TCS to race with that.

Hit on a 6* Engine ticket today, I got so excited. Then I got one of the old engines that I have 20 of, so I shut the game down and shelved it for the next update.

It really is pretty silly that I can drive my Rampage into the shop and get a new engine on the spot, but not for another car that the engine is compatible with. :rolleyes:

Back