Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,505 comments
The ones who have done all these below, any word on your experiences?

Greening Auto Company
  • Windsor-351-Maverick (GAC Maverick)
    • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11
    • Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
    • Ford Shelby GT350R ’16
    • Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 (!!!)
All three Fords performed much better and provide endless entertainment.

The Raptor benefits the most on that swap.

Personally, I don't want that motor in that Porsche, kind of a sacrilege, really.

I've only just spotted that the Chiron engine can go in the Lexus RC F! When did that happen?! Anyways, has anyone tried it and is it worth it? I have some spare RC Fs so I wouldn't mind trying this one out if it's worth the expense - can it compete at that Clubman+ race at SSRX??

The ones who have done all these below, any word on your experiences?

Greening Auto Company
  • Windsor-351-Maverick (GAC Maverick)
    • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11
    • Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
    • Ford Shelby GT350R ’16
    • Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 (!!!)
I've only used the Turbo Windsor GT350R for drifting, and it's very good for that.
The 1200bhp Porsche Cayman Crocodile 🐊 is a mighty beast. It needs to be slightly restricted to run in the SSRX race, which it wins easily. At full power, it handles much better than expected on corners (bearing in mind its potential to do burnouts in the first four gears) and has a top speed in excess of 460km/h, or in normal circumstances, a Trial Mountain top speed of 356km/h before braking on the back straight.
Long live the Porsche Crocodile.

I've only just spotted that the Chiron engine can go in the Lexus RC F! When did that happen?! Anyways, has anyone tried it and is it worth it? I have some spare RC Fs so I wouldn't mind trying this one out if it's worth the expense - can it compete at that Clubman+ race at SSRX??
I'm assuming this isn't a common swap or there may have been a response by now? I've not taken the plunge yet, as I'm still saving my pennies for the arrival of the Mercedes 300 SL, but I am indeed very tempted...

Has anyone done the RE Amemiya LS7 swap? This is another tempting swap that would potentially do really well at the Clubman+ race at SSRX, but I'm not sure I want to invest half a million in a car that's not competitive. Thoughts??

Easy victory

+300mph club member 😊

Giving the freedom to choose wouldnt really lead to any car any engine but ->
Engine 1 is best for racing (every car R26B or VRH35Z would be quite boring too)
Engine 2 is best for drag
Engine 3 is best for ...

But as these basically have no impact on online mode and would almost exclusively be available in singe player events, I guess there wouldnt be any harm other than cars totally out of balance.
My thought is that, eventually, cars with engine swaps could get 2 choices. One is a road car engine and the other is a racing engine. Both would have strengths and disadvantages with power, fuel economy, price, etc.

For example, the Focus RS already has the Ford GT LM Test Car engine swap, but then it also gets the Maverick engine as an option, with much more power, but thirsty for racing.

Or like the Mazda 3 has the 787B engine already, but it maybe gets a 13B or Focus RS engine (because there's no Mazda 3 MPS or car with the Mazda 2.5 turbo in the game) as the 2nd option if you don't want to spend the money.

Last edited:
I'm brand new to this 184 pages topic, so my question has probably been already answered somewhere, apologize for asking again

Is there any way to get money from the spare motors or tuning parts? I don't see any sell option. I'm wondering if equipping them in a car and sell the car is different

zjn
I'm brand new to this 184 pages topic, so my question has probably been already answered somewhere, apologize for asking again

Is there any way to get money from the spare motors or tuning parts? I don't see any sell option. I'm wondering if equipping them in a car and sell the car is different
No 😥

Any tuning on a car will add to its value, so technically yes.... You can get money from the parts, the catch is you have to sell the whole vehicle.
And you only get 10% of the value of the tuning parts. So if you win an engine or expensive parts for a car that doesn’t cost a lot to buy it may be worth it to sell them

Last edited:
I hope devs update the game with multiple swaps for all cars; for example I feel like my MR2 would perform much better with a 800hp NSX engine at top speed instead of a 700hp R8 V8 (which should make more power)
Instead they decide to to use the new NSX swap for the RCR civic with no traction until 5th gear.
make it make sense

😭

I hope devs update the game with multiple swaps for all cars; for example I feel like my MR2 would perform much better with a 800hp NSX engine at top speed instead of a 700hp R8 V8 (which should make more power)
Instead they decide to to use the new NSX swap for the RCR civic with no traction until 5th gear.
make it make sense

😭
I really hope they do this. I really want that twin-turbo 351 windsor in the Boss 429 Mustang. Just feels like it should be in that car especially.

Back