Gran Turismo 7 LAN Party - 3x Playstation 5 and 1x Playstation 4

• Thread starter Racha1997
  • 4 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Hello, I would like to ask, my friends and I want to play together in the same room GT7 against each other. Three of us have playstation 5 and one playstation 4, each with their own monitor and steering wheel with pedals. Can GT7 be set up somehow so we can play over LAN? If not, what are the other alternatives? Sorry for a possibly stupid question, but until now we've been more PC gamers.

Can GT7 be set up somehow so we can play over LAN?
Technically no but - I think - effectively yes.

There is no dedicated LAN mode (in the public build), and there's no way to play the game without an external connection because it requires it to function.

However, if the consoles are all connected to the same network and you play with a private lobby for just the attendees, it should operate in a LAN-like manner.

We did exactly this for LANs in GT5 and GT6, but never tested GTS and haven’t tried GT7. As it's P2P still, you should see the same results, with barely any external traffic and no observable lag as all actual play just goes through your network switch.

If you can, try a trial run with two consoles.

Technically no but - I think - effectively yes.

There is no dedicated LAN mode (in the public build), and there's no way to play the game without an external connection because it requires it to function.

However, if the consoles are all connected to the same network and you play with a private lobby for just the attendees, it should operate in a LAN-like manner.

We did exactly this for LANs in GT5 and GT6, but never tested GTS and haven’t tried GT7. As it's P2P still, you should see the same results, with barely any external traffic and no observable lag as all actual play just goes through your network switch.

If you can, try a trial run with two consoles.
Thank you very much for your answer. We will definitely try, but unfortunately we won't have the chance until the weekend. I still want to ask, do we have to have a Playstation plus (Essential) in order to be able to set up/join a private room? Or can it be done without it?

Thank you very much for your answer. We will definitely try, but unfortunately we won't have the chance until the weekend. I still want to ask, do we have to have a Playstation plus (Essential) in order to be able to set up/join a private room? Or can it be done without it?
Yeah, PS Plus is required for any multiplayer.

There's a chance that I could try it out by recommandeering my PS4 although I don't know how much space is on the HDD 😬

Latest Posts

Back