Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,384 comments
Wouldn't be suprised if GT7 is a launch title... with half the content being drip fed game as a service style...

I on the other hand would be very surprised if it is. Less than three years since the last one, and on a new console with new technology? After taking four years last time around?

Even if it were low on content, I just don't see it.

I on the other hand would be very surprised if it is. Less than three years since the last one, and on a new console with new technology? After taking four years last time around?

Even if it were low on content, I just don't see it.

It was similar with GT5 and GT6... It just came out on one console. GT7 looks like GT Sport tech with added ray tracing, I think it is possible.

It was similar with GT5 and GT6... It just came out on one console. GT7 looks like GT Sport tech with added ray tracing, I think it is possible.

It's obviously possible, I just don't see it. Not with how we know PD operate. GT5 to GT6 was, as you say, on the same console and the latter was rushed out to meet the required time-frame, it was far from finished. If PS4 didn't come out until the year later it surely wouldn't have come out when it did. There is no rush with GT7.

We will just have to wait and see, of course.

PS2 first party launch titles:
Literally none?!

PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man
NBA 07
Genji: Days of the Blade

PS4:

Knack
Killzone Shadowfall

Things can obviously change, but historically they have never had huge first party franchises as day one launch titles. Killzone is the closest but that wasn't ever massively popular. Because they don't sell that well, usually aren't highly rated (because they're rushed and on new hardware not fully understood) and are quickly forgotten.

Now within the first 9 months, that's a bit more likely. But even then, most of the biggest titles are a year after at least.

It's obviously possible, I just don't see it. Not with how we know PD operate. GT5 to GT6 was, as you say, on the same console and the latter was rushed out to meet the required time-frame, it was far from finished. If PS4 didn't come out until the year later it surely wouldn't have come out when it did. There is no rush with GT7.

We will just have to wait and see, of course.

I kinda hope it drops early just so that it begins to fill up with content. GT Sport's anaemic first iteration at launch makes me think they will launch fairly soon even if it is low on new content, but who knows. Its got to be easier this time around given they rendered all the assets of GTS ready for the next game at very high def. If it comes early im guessing it will initially be mostly a GTS re-skin with higher frame rate, better graphics and a new front end.

If I don't see Kazunori Retweeting anything from the event today I won't expext anything Gran Turismo related.

Besides last time he was on twitter was July 10th. I Hope he's okay....

and.....you would want that?

Not really, but they got away with releasing an unfinished game last time out, and business is business... I dont intend to get a PS5 until there are about a dozen games that I want to play on it, which will be 2-3 years in most likely... that said I hope GT7 drops soon so it fills up with new vehicle and track updates for when I eventually get it... With games this cycle clocking in at 70 a pop at release waiting will pay dividends...

Apart of new career mode with car modifying etc what else do you expect from GT7? I think it will be GT Sport reskin a little bit but with much more features.

PS2 first party launch titles:
Literally none?!

PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man
NBA 07
Genji: Days of the Blade

PS4:

Knack
Killzone Shadowfall

Things can obviously change, but historically they have never had huge first party franchises as day one launch titles. Killzone is the closest but that wasn't ever massively popular. Because they don't sell that well, usually aren't highly rated (because they're rushed and on new hardware not fully understood) and are quickly forgotten.

Now within the first 9 months, that's a bit more likely. But even then, most of the biggest titles are a year after at least.
Killzone shadowfall was one of the best looking games at the launch and it the gameplay was decent as well, but we digress guys.

This is what I mean:

At the time Kazunori Retweeded you could sorta suggest that something was going to be shown at the event.

So I am waiting for a retweet or Kazunori Liking it to sort off confirm something GT Related is coming.

We heard a bunch of news what the Dualsense is capable off doing, so I am hoping we get a trailer showcasing TOD or Weather effects into play or something we havent seen.

Killzone shadowfall was one of the best looking games at the launch and it the gameplay was decent as well, but we digress guys.

I'm sure it was, my point was that it and all the other games listed were all either new IPs or existing IPs that were never a big seller in the first place. They've never come out with a sequel to one of their biggest IPs as a launch title, and I don't see that changing now. As I say you could argue that Spider-Man is, but that is a small spin-off game that the devs say is 7-10 hours long akin to the Uncharted spin-off, it's not a full blown sequel.

Anyway, my guess is just '2021' like Horizon. I'll leave it at that and wait and see like everyone.

Last edited:
I have feeling it will be just the same old GT campaign with new features and stuff. I hope I'm wrong because GT single player needs major overhaul
What'll be the future part in GT7, tbh then? "past, present, and future". Nostalgia will only ofc cover past.

What'll be the future part in GT7, tbh then? "past, present, and future". Nostalgia will only ofc cover past.
My guess is prettier graphics, implementation of their progress working with Michelin, and a couple of little twists to the GT formula that are brought in every new GT game. That's the most I'm expecting to be new. I hope to be surprised though.

You can't take marketing talk/phrases too seriously/literally. Kaz also said nothing was removed from GT6 in GTS, only added to. That wasn't true either.

:lol:

I honestly wonder what people are expecting from GT7. Going by the hour I've spent in this forum, it appears to be very little.

Back