Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,386 comments
Here's something we could speculate on, especially since most of the cars in GT7's list will be imported from Sport: what sort of collections could GT Cafe have us doing? It seems that there are two trios confirmed so far:

Kei Cars - Daihatsu Copen, Honda Beat, Honda S660

Japanese Compacts - Toyota Aqua S, Mazda Demio XD, Honda Fit Hybrid

I can only imagine that some collections will have more than three cars, but here were my guesses:

Classic American Muscle - Ford Mustang Boss 429, Chevrolet Corvette C3, Dodge Challenger R/T

Group C - Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92CP

2016 LM24 - Porsche 919, Toyota TS050, Audi R18 '16

Italian Classic Supercars - De Tomaso Pantera, Ferrari 512bb, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

Super GT500 2016

Super GT500 2008

Red Bull
- Red Bull X2014 Jr, Red Bull X2014 Standard, Red Bull X2019 Competition

British Classics - Mini Cooper S '65, Jaguar E-Type, Aston Martin DB5

Track Days Only - BAC Mono, McLaren P1 GTR, Pagani Zonda R

Electric Cars - BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Porsche Taycan

1960s Prototypes - Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Ferrari 330 P4

1960s Grand Tourers - Shelby Daytona Coupe, Ferrari 250GTO '62, Alfa Romeo TZ2

Coach-built - Zagato IsoRivolta VGT, Fittipaldi Motors EF7 VGT, Nissan GT-R50*

I don't think we'll see too many collections that overlap with the motifs of the campaign events. For example, on the official webpage for GT7, we can see there's an event for both European hatchbacks and specifically French hatchbacks, so I don't think we'd see a collection for those, too. I also think most of these collections will encourage you to collect cars from more than one automaker, so I don't think we'll see a collection just for the 86, the Supra, Fairlady Z, and so on - though there may be some exceptions, as I think collecting all the Skyline GT-R models will be a challenge that will likely be present.

Hopefully, if there's any overlap between the GT Cafe collections and the campaign events, it'll be well-integrated.

One thing I also hope for, is that Volvo and Lotus will be added as DLC down the line. I recall hearing that Lotus was definitely interested in re-joining GT, too. Given that we know car/track DLC will be a thing for GT7, I bet we could see new events in the campaign, as well as potentially seeing additional GT Cafe collections.

* If added.

EDIT: Given the relationship between GT and Toyota, I could totally see there being a GT Cafe collection featuring GR-labeled cars, such as the GR Supra, GR Yaris, and the GR 86.

EDIT2: I could also see there being a "Type R" collection, where you have to get the Integra Type R, the NSX Type R, and one of the Civic Type R iterations.

EDIT3: Then there's the idea that there could be a FIA GT3 collection, which would include the Aston Martin Vantage GT3, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3, and the Lamborghini Huracan GT3.

EDTI4: Instead of there being a collection for "British Classics," there could alternatively be a collection for 1960s European Compacts, and would include the Volkswagen Beetle '66, the Fiat 500F '68, and the Mini Cooper '65.

EDIT5: Now that we have both the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, I think we could end up having a Sport Truck collection if they add the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.

Last edited:
1632091279116.png

1632091329763.png

Really hope the windshield rain effects from the GT7 trailer are just a placeholder. GT5's windshield effects were far and way more realistic, and way better looking besides having a low resolution.

One thing I'm interested in, is since we have both the Used Car Dealership and Brighton Antiques, is how the actual dealerships will look as far as car selections will go. I assume that the cars in the UCD and BA won't be also available in the dealerships, so I suppose it'll be a bit bothersome if I want something like a Dodge Super Bee in a particular color, as I think it'd have to wait for the UCD to keep refreshing until there's one in the color I want. I don't think it make sense for you to be able to pick the color of a used car, as nice as it might be. That said, with all the new customization options that will likely be in this game, I think that I'll follow my initial plan of buying at least two of each road car - one to leave as stock, and another to customize, including its livery.

As for the content of the actual dealerships, I think it could be very interesting indeed. I can only hope that the more modern racecars will be available there, perhaps with older racers like the McLaren F1 GTR being in Brighton Antiques. And hopefully the fact that the cars will be split between the dealerships, BA, and the UCD won't affect how you'll pick your Gr.4 and Gr.3 car for the Manufacturers Series.

I know we can only speculate at the moment, but it does seem like the UCD and BA will have quite a range of cars, with the former having the late-00s Abarth 500 and the latter having the late-90s GT500-spec Supra. I can only assume that every car plucked from Pebble Beach will be found at Brighton Antiques, for one thing, potentially with any racecar from before 2000 being available there, including the Porsche 917. This is all before we factor in the likely return of actual prize cars for the various campaign events - hopefully we'll even be able to pick the color of them like in GT6.

I'm also hoping that the GT Cafe feature could get expanded as more cars get added as DLC. I, for one, was hoping that an incarnation of the NB and NC Miata could be added, so we can have all four of them.

Yeah, I'd basically turn the RM mechanic into something that resembles using evolutionary stones to evolve Pokemon.
Used Car Dealer, Legendary Car Dealer and New Car Dealer. Smart move in my opinion because the idea of buying a legendary car "new" doesn't make much sense. Dedicated dealers for discontinued cars are the way to go.
I thought this was DriveClub.

Here's something we could speculate on, especially since most of the cars in GT7's list will be imported from Sport: what sort of collections could GT Cafe have us doing? It seems that there are two trios confirmed so far:

Kei Cars - Daihatsu Copen, Honda Beat, Honda S660

Japanese Compacts - Toyota Aqua S, Mazda Demio XD, Honda Fit Hybrid

I can only imagine that some collections will have more than three cars, but here were my guesses:

Classic American Muscle - Ford Mustang Boss 429, Chevrolet Corvette C3, Dodge Challenger R/T

Group C - Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92CP

2016 LM24 - Porsche 919, Toyota TS050, Audi R18 '16

Italian Classic Supercars - De Tomaso Pantera, Ferrari 512bb, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

Super GT500 2016

Super GT500 2008

Red Bull
- Red Bull X2014 Jr, Red Bull X2014 Standard, Red Bull X2019 Competition

British Classics - Mini Cooper S '65, Jaguar E-Type, Aston Martin DB5

Track Days Only - BAC Mono, McLaren P1 GTR, Pagani Zonda R

Electric Cars - BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Porsche Taycan

1960s Prototypes - Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Ferrari 330 P4

1960s Grand Tourers - Shelby Daytona Coupe, Ferrari 250GTO '62, Alfa Romeo TZ2

Coach-built - Zagato IsoRivolta VGT, Fittipaldi Motors EF7 VGT, Nissan GT-R50*

I don't think we'll see too many collections that overlap with the motifs of the campaign events. For example, on the official webpage for GT7, we can see there's an event for both European hatchbacks and specifically French hatchbacks, so I don't think we'd see a collection for those, too. I also think most of these collections will encourage you to collect cars from more than one automaker, so I don't think we'll see a collection just for the 86, the Supra, Fairlady Z, and so on - though there may be some exceptions, as I think collecting all the Skyline GT-R models will be a challenge that will likely be present.

Hopefully, if there's any overlap between the GT Cafe collections and the campaign events, it'll be well-integrated.

One thing I also hope for, is that Volvo and Lotus will be added as DLC down the line. I recall hearing that Lotus was definitely interested in re-joining GT, too. Given that we know car/track DLC will be a thing for GT7, I bet we could see new events in the campaign, as well as potentially seeing additional GT Cafe collections.

* If added.

EDIT: Given the relationship between GT and Toyota, I could totally see there being a GT Cafe collection featuring GR-labeled cars, such as the GR Supra, GR Yaris, and the GR 86.

EDIT2: I could also see there being a "Type R" collection, where you have to get the Integra Type R, the NSX Type R, and one of the Civic Type R iterations.

EDIT3: Then there's the idea that there could be a FIA GT3 collection, which would include the Aston Martin Vantage GT3, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3, and the Lamborghini Huracan GT3.

EDTI4: Instead of there being a collection for "British Classics," there could alternatively be a collection for 1960s European Compacts, and would include the Volkswagen Beetle '66, the Fiat 500F '68, and the Mini Cooper '65.

EDIT5: Now that we have both the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, I think we could end up having a Sport Truck collection if they add the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.
This makes me very excited. If the rewards for completing collections are decent, it gives good reason to buy weird cars you'd normally just ignore.

View attachment 1081621
View attachment 1081623

Really hope the windshield rain effects from the GT7 trailer are just a placeholder. GT5's windshield effects were far and way more realistic, and way better looking besides having a low resolution.
The first image is from a pre-release presentation of GT5, showing the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione driving on Eiger Nordwand. I remember seeing the presentation live, but the final version of GT5 didn’t live up to it.

Last edited:
This makes me very excited. If the rewards for completing collections are decent, it gives good reason to buy weird cars you'd normally just ignore.
I'd also like for the events to make use of as much of the car range as it can. Similar to games like GT2 where it has different power limit (and License requirement) in many of its events. I'd also think open world can make use of everyday cars GT has as traffics or such. More on the events (and open world) from me here.
Used Car Dealer, Legendary Car Dealer and New Car Dealer. Smart move in my opinion because the idea of buying a legendary car "new" doesn't make much sense. Dedicated dealers for discontinued cars are the way to go.
GT4 had Legendary Cars Dealer but in the Brand itself, the old cars are separated against the new ones but it's bought in a new condition (well, many old cars are not for sale too). Viper GTS and Super Bee is relegated into regular cars here.

Though, I expect for cars like Scirocco to be in the new dealership? If cars as old as '10s are in Used Cars, don't know how much the cars will be in Brand Central...

Last edited:
Yeah on GTS the rain drops have much higher quality but it hasn't a big number of particles on the windshield,I hope they add more particles in GT7 at least on ps5
Yes, exactly my thoughts. The particles look good and they also have some physics effects (if you take a turn, they go in the opposite direction), but the amount of particles is too low. They don't make it harder to see, even if you turn off the wipers. In Driveclub it's harder to see in heavy rain and they also have more effects, individual particles can form a bigger one (i hope you understand what I'm trying to say because i don't know how to explain it properly :dunce:) and on the side windows the particles are also moved by the wind and create a trail.

I hope that until the release, they will improve the effect because so far it looks good but again, too few particles.

Actual windshield rain in GT5

Actual windshield rain in GTS
Going higher speed in GT5 will create the streaking rain bead effect shown in the trailer. The windshield rain effect design looked better in GT5 although lower-res. Wish they had built up on that and increased its resolution instead of redoing it all in GTSport which sometimes looks like stars with one pre-defined shape going across the windscreen instead of actual water droplets.

GT5 gameplay
D-IXnslWsAEtZUr

D-IXtDcWkAIYmNO

GTsport gameplay
Gran-Turismo-SPORT-20190901155713.png

GT5 gameplay
4nY0I2y.gif

GTSport Gameplay
JwOiz7O.gif

Last edited:
Going higher speed in GT5 will create the streaking rain bead effect shown in the trailer. The windshield rain effect design looked better in GT5 although lower-res. Wish they had built up on that and increased its resolution instead of redoing it all in GTSport which sometimes looks like stars going across the windscreen instead of actual water droplets.

GT5 gameplay
D-IXnslWsAEtZUr

D-IXtDcWkAIYmNO

GTsport gameplay

GT5 gameplay
4nY0I2y.gif

GTSport Gameplay
JwOiz7O.gif
wow, GT5 looks amazing, especially for a 2010 title! Sport looks so boring compared to it

Indeed. The whole idea of GT Cafe basically being a Pokedex but for Gran Turismo is something I really like - it goes with something I wanted, where you'd ideally be encouraged to at least buy every car in the game. Although more specifically, I'm still hoping there'll be an incentive to actually race every car in the game, in some way or another, especially online. And I'm not counting lobbies, either. Perhaps the cars we're required to obtain for each GT Cafe collection could also end up serving as car regulations in online races?
It does add to the immersion, doesn't it? Plus, it could be a good way to keep each "dealership" from getting to cluttered as DLC gets added. Certain cars could be added to a certain dealership depending on what sort of car it actually is. So for example, if we were to see the return of the first-generation Mazda RX-8, that could go into the Used Car Dealership, whereas something like the McLaren 720S would go into the regular McLaren dealership, and finally, I could see a car like the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version being put in Brighton Antiques.

Say, speaking of DLC, I wonder what could be likely additions? We know car/track DLC is coming, and possibly other features/modes via DLC, as well. I'm also wondering about how PD did have a posting for a mobile developer - could it be that GT7 will have another companion app, just as GT6 and Sport did? Anyway, my bets for both car and track DLC would be that it's going to be reflective of the base content of GT7 - a three-way mix of entirely new content, content returning from the PS3 era, and content that was from the PS2/PS1 era. For respective examples of tracks, I could see a new original course coming like we did in Sport with St. Croix, the return of Silverstone (and/or the 1980s versions of Monza and Brands Hatch), as well as the return of Deep Forest. As for cars, I respectively could see the McLaren P1, the Mazda RX-7 FD '91, and the Toyota GT-One (TS020).

Don't forget that most of the GT Sport-original courses with got added layouts; Alsace and Colorado Springs seem very likely to get new layouts, considering their naming formats. I could also see there being a Tokyo Expressway West and North layout coming, too.

And again, this is before we consider stuff like entire modes/features being added as DLC, whether they'd be new to GT, or returning from previous games. I think that depending on the mode, these could end up being paid DLC, especially if it's mostly regulated to single-player, whereas I can only assume all the DLC cars/tracks will be free like in GT6 and GTS.

I really do feel like PD is always learning on what should and shouldn't be paid DLC in GT, considering that GT5 was the first game to have any DLC, and it entailed paid car/track DLC, whereas GT6 and GTS had tons of free DLC while still having paid options. In GT6, I recall it being the ability to buy credits, and in GTS, it was buying the cars outright with real money - or vouchers from in-person events. (Indeed, I got a free McLaren P1 GTR by attending the World Tour event in NYC in 2019.) Then, GTS also had the paid Lewis Hamilton Challenge DLC, which to be fair, did include an exclusive car, but it's not like it could be raced with anything other than itself. (On a side note, if the LH Challenge does return, I really hope it's a bit more forgiving, haha! I got all golds and a couple diamonds, but getting all diamonds seems impossible for even me!)

Speaking of LH, I wonder what they'll do this time around? Will the Mercedes-AMG W08 return? Could it get replaced with a newer Mercedes-AMG machine? Maybe a successor to the LH Challenge will involve more Mercedes-Benz models, with or without the AMG label, such as the classic Mercedes 300SL W194 we briefly saw in the trailer, or the 300 SEL 6.8 AMG that won at Spa-Francorchamps. I can only hope that if the Mercedes-Benz VGT LH Edition returns, it'll be at least a little easier to get that in Sport, haha!

EDIT: I'm also hoping something will be done with drifting, especially with the D1GP-spec Subaru BRZ likely returning. In this vein, I'm also hoping the BP Falken RX-7 FC returns, too, as it was a car PD picked from the Tokyo Auto Salon. Then there's another drift-spec car, the AEM S2000 that was awarded "Best in Show" by PD at SEMA.

EDIT2: I wonder how tuners should work, especially those picked by PD from the Tokyo Auto Salon and SEMA? Could it be better for the UI/UX to put them under the Gran Turismo brand instead, like they did in Sport? Then again, there are the tuners that didn't get picked by PD, and are under their own respective brand in Sport, like RE Amemiya.

Last edited:
Right then, going into the discussion of Dynamic Time of Day and Weather.

From the blog itself specifically on variable time and weather and how they describe it, this confirms to me that it is indeed Dynamic and not just a gimmick of it being static time of day like it was in GT Sport just with clouds changing over time. Because it was kind of my concern.

On the topic of variable weather since I have seen nobody talked about this:

Since water level will gradually increase/decrease on the track surface and looking at an article that Kazunori himself talked about and I quote:

"We don't have a system for simulating the amount of rubber that's laid on the track, but we do have a simulation of where the rain would create a level of water over the track. When a car passes over it, it will spray aside, and so the racing lines will dry quicker than the other parts of the track. That's something that is simulated and does affect the grip of the course accordingly as time goes on, and the track begins to dry in different places."
Could this imply that aquaplaning or hydroplaning is being simulated this time
similar to how Forza Motorsports 6 did it?

Cause that was kind of a point of criticism I had with GT Sport weather conditions as it affected barely anything and not even create water puddles around the track.

Though, I expect for cars like Scirocco to be in the new dealership? If cars as old as '10s are in Used Cars, don't know how much the cars will be in Brand Central...
I think someone else pointed it out but it's probably likely to be setup as everything is available new, and used will have heavily discounted models based on their condition. It makes sense to sell those brand new cars as microtransactions, and you have the opportunity to buy them whenever you'd like. The reality of the Used car dealership is that anything newer than 2018 is few and far between, so older than 2010 might only limit the UCD to GT4 era stuff, 80/90s specifics if that were the case.

BTW, about GT7 having "over 420 cars", just stating for comparison in progression... Forza Motorsport 3 was stated as having "over 400 cars" (and later reaching 495), while later Forza Motorsport 4 was stated as having "over 500 cars" (and later reaching 665).

And Forza Motorsport 6, after coming off on 5 (which also reduced the car list for quality like GTS, to around 200. later reaching 325, where GTS reached 336), was stated as having "over 450 cars" (later reaching 594).

Last edited:
...I'm gonna whine a bit about Sony, this has a lot to do with PS4 TBH.

So we all know how new DualSense has Heptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers. Well, all this works on PC, and TBH since I still didn't manage to get my hands on PS5, I am pretty surprised how Heptics and Triggers give nice feel...

Proper Adaptive Triggers are implemented in Metro Exodus, and they are partially implemented in some Ubisoft games, and in CoD Vanguard and BOCW, regarding Heptics, it can be used with every possible game...

Now, since these two technologies are not even that complicated, I am not sure why Sony isn't giving PS4 users option to use this. What's even worse, you cannot connect DualSense to PS4 at all, yet it works just fine with PS3 lol...

So GT7, and Sport would benefit a lot on PS4 with these two technologies.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that you want dualsense functionality...

...on PS4 hardware that was never designed to support it?

Last edited:
...I'm gonna whine a bit about Sony, this has a lot to do with PS4 TBH.

So we all know how new DualSense has Heptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers. Well, all this works on PC, and TBH since I still didn't manage to get my hands on PS5, I am pretty surprised how Heptics and Triggers give nice feel...

Proper Adaptive Triggers are implemented in Metro Exodus, and they are partially implemented in some Ubisoft games, and in CoD Vanguard and BOCW, regarding Heptics, it can be used with every possible game...

Now, since these two technologies are not even that complicated, I am not sure why Sony isn't giving PS4 users option to use this. What's even worse, you cannot connect DualSense to PS4 at all, yet it works just fine with PS3 lol...

So GT7, and Sport would benefit a lot on PS4 with these two technologies.
A game needs those functions patched in, the DualSense doesn't just get the haptics by itself.

Going higher speed in GT5 will create the streaking rain bead effect shown in the trailer. The windshield rain effect design looked better in GT5 although lower-res. Wish they had built up on that and increased its resolution instead of redoing it all in GTSport which sometimes looks like stars with one pre-defined shape going across the windscreen instead of actual water droplets.

GT5 gameplay
D-IXnslWsAEtZUr

D-IXtDcWkAIYmNO

GTsport gameplay

GT5 gameplay
4nY0I2y.gif

GTSport Gameplay
JwOiz7O.gif
Man open a topic about this,maybe PD notices it

Indeed. The whole idea of GT Cafe basically being a Pokedex but for Gran Turismo is something I really like - it goes with something I wanted, where you'd ideally be encouraged to at least buy every car in the game. Although more specifically, I'm still hoping there'll be an incentive to actually race every car in the game, in some way or another, especially online. And I'm not counting lobbies, either. Perhaps the cars we're required to obtain for each GT Cafe collection could also end up serving as car regulations in online races?

It does add to the immersion, doesn't it? Plus, it could be a good way to keep each "dealership" from getting to cluttered as DLC gets added. Certain cars could be added to a certain dealership depending on what sort of car it actually is. So for example, if we were to see the return of the first-generation Mazda RX-8, that could go into the Used Car Dealership, whereas something like the McLaren 720S would go into the regular McLaren dealership, and finally, I could see a car like the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version being put in Brighton Antiques.
Yeah there's a lot of potential. DLC cars can effectively be treated as "new arrivals" and I like that idea.

GT5 gameplay
D-IXnslWsAEtZUr

D-IXtDcWkAIYmNO

GTsport gameplay

GT5 gameplay
4nY0I2y.gif

GTSport Gameplay
JwOiz7O.gif
I hate when they scrap features for absolute no reason instead of just improving it.

GT5 gameplay
D-IXnslWsAEtZUr

D-IXtDcWkAIYmNO

GTsport gameplay

GT5 gameplay
4nY0I2y.gif

GTSport Gameplay
JwOiz7O.gif
Thank you for posting the much better comparison. GT5 rain effects legitimately looked great for its time, and arguably much better than GT Sport besides the resolution of course.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that you want dualsense functionality...

...on PS4 hardware that was never designed to support it?
...yes, since it's simple stereo audio signal that does that, DualShock 4 uses 2 channel audio, DualSense uses at least quad channel, two channels for stereo output, and two for haptic feedback, and you can simply feed primary stereo signal to it (wihou BGM etc), as you do on PC in order to get haptics from surrounding, and it works like a charm...
A game needs those functions patched in, the DualSense doesn't just get the haptics by itself.
...as said, they could just double stereo output to haptics without BGM and we'd get it.

Last edited:
I hate when they scrap features for absolute no reason instead of just improving it.
True, and yet there are people who loathes returning features due to treating it outdated as a past thing, but personally I hate when game features are removed (and I'm requesting it to return), and I was livid several times in other non-GT game sequels when they do this.

Similarly it also happened to GT's Practice and Qualifying. It's factually wrong if people claim PD never know anything about motorsports like Qualifying as they did implement that, in the very first game to boot (and GT3). But I guess it's them not improving AI and instead resorting to removing an important aspect for racing (and later making races rolling start) to make it "harder" for the player.

Yeah there's a lot of potential. DLC cars can effectively be treated as "new arrivals" and I like that idea.
Yeah, especially if we see something like in Sport, where we had near-monthly updates with a sizable amount of cars in each one.

I also could see there being a collection that includes the Ford GT40, the 2006 Ford GT, and then the 2017 Ford GT.

Last edited:
Back