Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,389 comments
Looks like grand valley confirmed!
So far I haven't found any convincing evidence of Grand Valley or Grand Valley East in my investigations. And I haven't seen it anywhere else on the internet, unless I missed something.

Last edited:
imagen_2021-10-28_094555.png

The Pennzoil GTR and Castrol Supra are GR.3?

Last edited:
so in the last week and a half PD have cleverly confirmed to us:

Deep Forest
Apricot Hill
Grand Valley(?)
As a teaser, we only have Deep Forest and Apricot Hill. Even so, we can't call them confirmed tracks.
But it would be very cruel if they are not on day one...

Last edited:
so in the last week and a half PD have cleverly confirmed to us:

Deep Forest
Apricot Hill
Grand Valley(?)
Grand Valley ? Where ?

And, if we can see Deep Forest and Apricot Hill, we need to know if these tracks will be on GT7.... Day one or via updates ?

There are many tracks in the GT Sport datamine list. I reckon a decent amount of those will be essentially stockpiled if they are going to do 1 track per month updates. They will all be in varying stages of development too, so it won't only be holding them back just to have something for an update.

No doubt that when new tracks get added they'll also add new career mode events using them, much like GT League in GT Sport.

Edit: The Ford GT GTLM is back again.
Screenshot_2021-10-28-17-26-05-1.png

Last edited:
Race footages can somehow put the much faster car behind the much slower one for some reason....
That's just Gran Turismo's bad A.I. at work.

----
which tells me they're the only 2 new original tracks we can decently expect at release (although they may still be WIP and end up being released in updates through the first year of the game).
Correction, if you're referring to Apricot Hill and Deep Forest, then you mean "4 returning original tracks". Because Trial Mountain and High Speed Ring are already confirmed.

I don't take credit for this, but...
View attachment 1090332

Keep in mind the lines are from an angled perspective. The double-hairpin towards the end of the lap is what sells it for me. The 7 & 8 sections I reckon could just be Apricot Hill again though. As I said I'm not the original source of this image. It's been going around a bit on Discord.

Let me know your thoughts. Could it just be Apricot Hill again, but with a few new clue lines? Is there significance with the colour of the lines to show a different track, or is the colour just related to the aspect of car culture in the video?
I'd say that's a pretty solid comparison. Not sure if those corners match up with anything else, but knowing they've only shown classic, original tracks it's more likely than not.

There are many tracks in the GT Sport datamine list. I reckon a decent amount of those will be essentially stockpiled if they are going to do 1 track per month updates. They will all be in varying stages of development too, so it won't only be holding them back just to have something for an update.

No doubt that when new tracks get added they'll also add new career mode events using them, much like GT League in GT Sport.

Edit: The Ford GT GTLM is back again.
View attachment 1090378
Is that the Audi R8 LMS EVO I see?

Unfortunately, Xbox users can be a toxic bunch, for various reasons. While there's a fair amount of toxic PlayStation users as well, there's whole segments of the Xbox community built around toxicity and flame wars.
Nah, they're equally as bad as each other. Neither is trumping each other with the toxic community's they have. Pretending its one sided is only adding to that toxicity.

I’d appreciate a PlayStation state of play with a deep dive into the actual features of the game. Something that shows how we can play the game. Kinda like we had for Horizon Forbidden West a few months back.

More than cars or tracks what I really want to see is which features, new and revamped (or missing) there will be.

No thanks, and honestly GT5/6 was a solid solution for a few years lol
So you don't want a good nascar game? Also the solution was given to you, the only thing NASCAR representative on those games was the dirty driving lobbies. The actual setups for the car wasn't indicative of a good solution at all.

It was only visually well done and even then it didn't cover the entire manufacturing list. So fans of the series knew something was missing, besides dedicated tracks.

It's fine if you want to make a claim that lies to yourself but NASCAR in gt wasn't even as good as the dedicated games. And is leagues below iracing and the support it has for the sport.

Last edited:
I’d appreciate a PlayStation state of play with a deep dive into the actual features of the game. Something that shows how we can play the game. Kinda like we had for Horizon Forbidden West a few months back.

More than cars or tracks what I really want to see is which features, new and revamped (or missing) there will be.
Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, this is surface level stuff and I would like to know in what way the driving will differ, if at all, from GT Sport.

I know right? PD seems to be the only game developer studio that doesn’t even want to sell its game. Why do we have to analyse every pixel of a trailer to discover what’s new?…

Nah, they're equally as bad as each other. Neither is trumping each other with the toxic community's they have. Pretending its one sided is only adding to that toxicity.
This sound like a political sentence.

The xbox comunity is more toxic, its a fact. You just need to watch how Phill Spencer and Aron Greenberg suport some twitter counts and youtubers with a lot war console content.

I know right? PD seems to be the only game developer studio that doesn’t even want to sell its game. Why do we have to analyse every pixel of a trailer to discover what’s new?…
Why on earth do you think they dont wanna sell their game? Is a special 25th anniversary edition + 3 to 4 behind the scenes videos in the past 2 weeks + the announcement of another partnership not them doing a good job of selling the game? Because from what I'm seeing in regards to its pre order numbers on sites like amazon its clearly working rn and we are STILL far away from March

The xbox comunity is more toxic, its a fact. You just need to watch how Phill Spencer and Aron Greenberg suport some twitter counts and youtubers with a lot war console content.
This sounds like a political sentence.

Yeah no. Any one pretending one is worse than the other is just not being objective at all and is adding to that toxicity - or finger pointing at a community opposite of the one they prefer. For every community find that's toxic for one side, you can find equal amounts for the other. It's really not leaning any more one way than it is the other. For example, this being a primarily Sony/PD website, you see that toxicity from the Playstation side. Do the same thing for a Forza specific forum like the official forums for the game you'll see similarly enough, just for Microsoft' side. Then, within both those communities, are plenty of people who don't care either way. You're painting a misleading picture intentionally.

Last edited:

Give proof of this, otherwise this is just typical console war horse**** that this side of the forum likes to perpetuate because they aren't satisfied with the affairs on their side of the garden.

But that wasn’t even remotely close to resembling real NASCAR. I thought you wanted a good NASCAR game?
So you don't want a good nascar game? Also the solution was given to you, the only thing NASCAR representative on those games was the dirty driving lobbies. The actual setups for the car wasn't indicative of a good solution at all.

It was only visually well done and even then it didn't cover the entire manufacturing list. So fans of the series knew something was missing, besides dedicated tracks.

It's fine if you want to make a claim that lies to yourself but NASCAR in gt wasn't even as good as the dedicated games. And is leagues below iracing and the support it has for the sport.
And I never said it wasn't, but I just don't want to pay Iracing's subscription fee. I personally enjoyed PD's delivery of NASCAR at least mostly during an online setting.

Last edited:
That's just Gran Turismo's bad A.I. at work.

----

Correction, if you're referring to Apricot Hill and Deep Forest, then you mean "4 returning original tracks". Because Trial Mountain and High Speed Ring are already confirmed.
That's what I meant. 2 new OG tracks in addition to the ones officially confirmed.

This sounds like a political sentence.

Yeah no. Any one pretending one is worse than the other is just not being objective at all and is adding to that toxicity - or finger pointing at a community opposite of the one they prefer. For every community find that's toxic for one side, you can find equal amounts for the other. It's really not leaning any more one way than it is the other. For example, this being a primarily Sony/PD website, you see that toxicity from the Playstation side. Do the same thing for a Forza specific forum like the official forums for the game you'll see similarly enough, just for Microsoft' side. Then, within both those communities, are plenty of people who don't care either way. You're painting a misleading picture intentionally.
This sort of toxicity goes way further than just PlayStation/GT versus XBox/Forza too. I've seen it in the Sim Racing Hardware section, and equally as bad from the Project Cars and Assetto Corsa fans.

It's everywhere and it really is odd. :indiff:

So just to clarify, is the ORIGINAL Ford GTLM from GT4 officially back in GT7 or is it still the Spec ll?
IMG_20211028_200650.jpg
FYI, the original Ford GT LM is actually the car below that first appeared in GT Concept (Spec I for retroactivity sake)

1.jpg

The white one seen in the screenshot is normally referred as the full Spec II that debut in GT4. For whatever reason, PD gave the black colored version the "Test Car" name when it came in GT5 Prologue.

We don't know right now if the white one is a brand new returning car or just a new color option for players to have. (Like the new WRX Gr.3 livery seen lately)

Last edited:
We don't know right now if the white one is a brand new returning car or just a new color option for players to have. (Like the new WRX Gr.3 livery seen lately)
There's actually a way to tell. The LM Spec II didn't have front canards while the Test Car does.
I mean, it could be a customization option shown, but I doubt that. In gameplay, we've only seen factory stock cars in action so far, I didn't see anything like modified Supras or Skylines yet except for the menu screens.

Back