Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,380 comments
They can change the structure of daily races and FIA races. I mean with own setups, but they have to balance it with BOP races and forbidden tuning, so daily races and FIA are something for every driver without disadvantage.

While we're at it, can they please include Suzuka West again? It's a good little track and it's very little extra work considering all the assets already exist. Not every track needs to have a pit lane.
Yeah Suzuka West is a ripper. Actually has overtaking opportunities too...which is more than you can say for the other half.

The pitlane is there if they wanted to use it and funnily enough theres more space than Goodwood Circuit.

Yes it could be easily used for offline rendering in photo mode and scapes (though photos would take probably 10-20 seconds to render on the base PS4) but they won't do that to maintain bigger difference between PS4 and PS5 versions.

snc
why ? quite ambitious implementation for old gen and showing that as for offline rendering as in scapes for sure could be used tough not expecting it
It was ambitious to try it for the last gen, but the reality of that implementation show that it was too ambitious, as the compromises were massive.

Oh and please can you start using capital letter to start sentences, the AUP is quite clear on this.

• Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

It was ambitious to try it for the last gen, but the reality of that implementation show that it was too ambitious, as the compromises were massive.

Oh and please can you start using capital letter to start sentences, the AUP is quite clear on this.

• Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
I'm not sure whats your opinion that it was too ambitious has anything to do with fact it was possible on older generation tough with massive performance impact but not as important in context of scapes.

snc
to be precise crysis remaster has rt mode on ps4 pro

open tuning for all races, hope its not preview of same way in gt7 as if I want to spend hours on setups I would play acc instead
Im probably in the minority but i disagree, the setups provided by the game are awful 9 times out of 10. Thanks to that, i wasted the extra time i whould've hypothetically saved on trying every single car that was available for a certain combo. In some cases i never used some cars (Ferrari 458 GT3 etc) at all,and lets be honest this system didn't really bring the skill gap between players down much, so i welcome free choice.

Im probably in the minority but i disagree, the setups provided by the game are awful 9 times out of 10. Thanks to that, i wasted the extra time i whould've hypothetically saved on trying every single car that was available for a certain combo. In some cases i never used some cars (Ferrari 458 GT3 etc) at all,and lets be honest this system didn't really bring the skill gap between players down much, so i welcome free choice.
Understand different view but for me gt sport has this great balance with solid physics and easy to jump racing without need of spending hours on proper setups, also adjusting setups in gt sport has sometimes opposite effects than what you would expect in real life and probably will be same in gt7

Last edited:
snc
I'm not sure whats your opinion that it was too ambitious has anything to do with fact it was possible on older generation tough
Simple.

Because this:
snc
with massive performance impact

May make this unfeasible
snc
but not as important in context of scapes.
Just because it's rendering a still image doesn't mean that it's workable.

Crysis had to run at sub 1080/30 to be able to ray trace only some of the reflection (nothing dynamic, only static background items) at a max of 540p resolution! So a very, very good chance exists that even trying to do full RT (as anything else would be pointless on still images) at 1080p for scapes, let alone 4K is simply not feasible.

I mean I can get my work laptop to render video composites rather than my own laptop, but given that it takes 20 times long, even at half the res, and would crash it 50% of the time it's really not feasible.

Simple.

Because this:

May make this unfeasible

Just because it's rendering a still image doesn't mean that it's workable.

Crysis had to run at sub 1080/30 to be able to ray trace only some of the reflection (nothing dynamic, only static background items) at a max of 540p resolution! So a very, very good chance exists that even trying to do full RT (as anything else would be pointless on still images) at 1080p for scapes, let alone 4K is simply not feasible.

I mean I can get my work laptop to render video composites rather than my own laptop, but given that it takes 20 times long, even at half the res, and would crash it 50% of the time it's really not feasible.
Its quite a big difference between real time gameplay and rendering one frame for few seconds, imo would be possible but we won't convince each other (also generally scapes are not vey important for me and especially rt in this mode)

snc
Its quite a big difference between real time gameplay and rendering one frame for few seconds, imo would be possible but we won't convince each other (also generally scapes are not vey important for me and especially rt in this mode)
I'm well aware of the difference, but it's a massive assumption that it would take a few seconds, please use a few PC based photomodes that allow you to add or remove options such as these as they render still images. The impact to both CPU and GPU workloads increase massively, and the total render times increase exponentially, that's if they don't max them out and crash the GPU.

Selective item, limited resolution, low res RT that is used (poorly) in Crysis, is not a benchmark for what would be needed to add RT to scapes.

snc
Understand different view but for me gt sport has this great balance with solid physics and easy to jump racing without need of spending hours on proper setups, also adjusting setups in gt sport has sometimes opposite effects than what you would expect in real life and probably will be same in gt7
Yes of course,thats why every racing game i know provides optional setups, forcing players to play in a certain way is not the right way to go tho.

I don't know if it was pointed out before but Playstation España released a slightly different "loose yourself" video. in that video a couple of scapes shots seemed to be more interactive than before. The viper is actually drifting making tire smoke, and the Diablo is raising dust as it passes on the road. We have never seen anything like it before in GTS or GT7 right?

View attachment 1108869

That’s a very welcome improvement if that’s indeed a new function in scapes.

I'm well aware of the difference, but it's a massive assumption that it would take a few seconds, please use a few PC based photomodes that allow you to add or remove options such as these as they render still images. The impact to both CPU and GPU workloads increase massively, and the total render times increase exponentially, that's if they don't max them out and crash the GPU.

Selective item, limited resolution, low res RT that is used (poorly) in Crysis, is not a benchmark for what would be needed to add RT to scapes.
Can agree its only assumption but we have some knowledge of rt possibilites of current hw. Even tough ps5 has far superior rt thx to hw support comparing to ps4 and ps4 pro its not like its thousands time faster. If you are interested in subject you can see impact of rt on nvidia cards like gtx 1080 without hw rt support vs rtx series
So I can't see ps4 or ps4pro rt in replays as on ps5 but theoretical support in scapes is probably doable.

Last edited:
ly, the new Trial Mountain is not even remotely a "Tilkedrome". Exactly how many of Tilke's tracks are semi-street circuits through mountenous forests, without much if any runoff areas, let alone guardrails? I can't of any F1 tracks where drivers can crash into a pine tree or the side of a mountain if they go wide. Not every track that you dislike is a Tilkedrome. And not every Tilkedrome is a bad track, anyway.h

Secondly, they seem to have changed pretty much nothing about High Speed Ring except for the first hairpin and some parts of the environment. Why would you assume they would change Autumn Ring as much as they changed Deep Forest, but not as little as they changed High Speed Ring?
They haven't changed High Speed Ring because it had no complexity in the first place. Its as boring as a "fantasy" tracks get, and that's what PD wants to aid beginners.

snc
Can agree its only assumption but we have some knowledge of rt possibilites of current hw. Even tough ps5 has far superior rt thx to hw support comparing to ps4 and ps4 pro its not like its thousands time faster. If you are interested in subject you can see impact of rt on nvidia cards like gtx 1080 without hw rt support vs rtx series
So I can't see ps4 or ps4pro rt in replays as on ps5 but theoretical support in scapes is probably doable.
Oh look a piece that include the very GPU I use!

I've tried this, I've attempted to use RT for photomodes and gameplay, and yes my 1660ti will manage it (with noticeable performance hits), however every single one of the GPUs in that article is a massive step about what the PS4 Pro, which roughly runs an AMD 470, take a look at the benchmark against the 1660ti I run.

- +80% over a PS4 Pro

Even the lowest spec GPU in that comparison is a significant step about the PS4 Pro's GPU

+40% over a PS4 Pro and the 1060 is only just able to manage the RT!

Oh and for the final time, I refer once again to the AUP

• You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Last edited:
Oh look a piece that include the very GPU I use!

I've tried this, I've attempted to use RT for photomodes and gameplay, and yes my 1660ti will manage it (with noticeable performance hits), however every single one of the GPUs in that article is a massive step about what the PS4 Pro, which roughly runs an AMD 470, take a look at the benchmark against the 1660ti I run.

- +80% over a PS4 Pro

Even the lowest spec GPU in that comparison is a significant step about the PS4 Pro's GPU

+40% over a PS4 Pro and the 1060 is only just able to manage the RT!
Yes, 470 is significaly slower but I think you can do math having available benchmarks you linked (also better to check something like techpowerup than some synthethic comparison)

Last edited:
I don't know if it was pointed out before but Playstation España released a slightly different "loose yourself" video. in that video a couple of scapes shots seemed to be more interactive than before. The viper is actually drifting making tire smoke, and the Diablo is raising dust as it passes on the road. We have never seen anything like it before in GTS or GT7 right?

View attachment 1108869
The drifting Viper shot is also indicative that we might be able to control the car's moving direction regardless of the steering angle. If one tries to recreate that photo in GT Sport's Scapes, the car will be rendered moving to the direction the wheels are facing instead.

snc
Yes, 470 is significaly slower but I think you can do math having available benchmarks you linked (also better to check something like techpowerup than some synthethic comparison)
I literally don't have to do the maths, I've tried it and know the impact it has in reality on a card 80% quicker than a PS4 Pro.

The effort to put what would be a heavily compromised feature on the PS4 Pro would be pointless, even if it would actually render, the time it would take to do so would make it a feature that most people would never use.

I literally don't have to do the maths, I've tried it and know the impact it has in reality on a card 80% quicker than a PS4 Pro.

The effort to put what would be a heavily compromised feature on the PS4 Pro would be pointless, even if it would actually render, the time it would take to do so would make it a feature that most people would never use.
You don't have scapes rt benchmarks to say this in so declarative way. If on ps5 it takes lets assume 1-2s to render scape with rt on it would be probably possbile to do it under 1 minute on last gen hardware. If people would like to wait so long to have rt on it would depands individualy.

snc
You don't have scapes rt benchmarks to say this in so declarative way.
I've not claimed to have or know, but I do have experience of the differences on PC, with a much faster GPU.

snc
If on ps5 it takes lets assume 1-2s to render scape with rt on
And that's based on what?

snc
it would be probably possbile to do it under 1 minute on last gen hardware.
Citation required, as you seem to be basing this on zero experience of using this technology at all!
snc
If people would like to wait so long to have rt on it would depands individualy.
It does, but to be worth the dev time , that number of people would need to be significant.

I've not claimed to have or know, but I do have experience of the differences on PC, with a much faster GPU.

And that's based on what?

Citation required, as you seem to be basing this on zero experience of using this technology at all!

It does, but to be worth the dev time , that number of people would need to be significant.
Im not saying its worth time to implement as for me any dev time on scapes is waste of time. I dont know what scapes render time on ps5 with rt is (we will know soon) but if not crazy long then see theoretical possibility on older hardware but enough in this turbo theoretical subject from my side.

Wow, I was right about something!
1643392371331.png

I can't see any PS4 doing ray-tracing. It will probably look like this on PS4:

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 16-55-31 Gran Turismo 7 - Powered by PS5 (Behind The Scenes) PS5 PS4 ...png

Note the absence of self-reflections of the side mirrors, a sign this is rasterized.

Firstly, the new Trial Mountain is not even remotely a "Tilkedrome". Exactly how many of Tilke's tracks are semi-street circuits through mountenous forests, without much if any runoff areas, let alone guardrails? I can't of any F1 tracks where drivers can crash into a pine tree or the side of a mountain if they go wide. Not every track that you dislike is a Tilkedrome. And not every Tilkedrome is a bad track, anyway.

Secondly, they seem to have changed pretty much nothing about High Speed Ring except for the first hairpin and some parts of the environment. Why would you assume they would change Autumn Ring as much as they changed Deep Forest, but not as little as they changed High Speed Ring?
This is something that repeatedly seems to be a theme with people who hate the new Trail Mountain and Deep Forest: They fail to notice that both are tracks that never fully got a generational upgrade in GT5 and GT6 whereas High Speed Ring did as did Autumn Ring when it returned in GT6 alongside Apricot Hill and Mid-Field Raceway.

Last edited:
Back