images-1.jpeg
1200px-Nissan_Skyline_R31_2000_GTS-R_003.jpg
images-2.jpeg
images-3-jpeg.1359109

Attachments

• images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 19
What’s significant about this particular Volvo 240? It’s not a performance classic like the 242 Turbo Evolution, so is it more like a “people’s car” like the recently added Renault R4?

Last edited:
What’s significant about this particular Volvo 240? It’s not a performance classic like the 242 Turbo Evolution, so is it more like a “people’s car” like the recently added Renault R4?
hopefully they do this.

But I pretty sure every engine that has ever existed has been swapped into the volvo.

In fact if they dont have like 10 different engine that can go in to it, I ll be disappointed.

good update

Looking forward to rusting up with faded & odd paint/panels the Volvo wagon to make it look very much a "bag of......... something that rhymes with white"

And what year should they have chose?
The Turbo is by far the most desirable and most performance oriented version, and it was produced between ‘81 and ‘85 so any of those years would do. It’s almost as if they’d given us the E30 325i instead of the M3.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll just be able to turbocharge it.
Yeah, but that does not make it a Turbo, as in the particular Turbo model. I get that I seem nit-picky, but if you’re a Volvo geek like me these things matters. As I just said, it’s comparable to saying a 325i and an M3 is the same thing.

Edit: Nevermind, it’s just a bit frustrating.

Last edited:
There's nothing that I would like to confidently or definitively say. The list might get carried over to the next game, it might get finished with GT7, or it might get finished and even expanded upon with GT7. I would take anything about the next GT with a grain of salt unless it's coming from PD themselves.
Not sure why there's talk of GT8 this year, be it an announcement or release (already confirmed not happening by Sony itself).

The next major GT7 update will likely come with the release of PS5 Pro later this year - it's one of the obvious titles for Sony to promote new tech (Ray Tracing, PSSR etc.). I'm curious how this will be introduced, will it be a beefy monthly update like the PSVR2 introduction, will it be branded Spec III?

Why on earth did they choose the year ‘93 for the Volvo? Why?! They clearly don’t get it.
Considering how detail-oriented they are with adding cars to the game, my guess is that they chose this year and trim because it was the year and trim that they had a real-life example of for scanning. There are several cars in the game with strange year/trim choices like this.

Considering how detail-oriented they are with adding cars to the game, my guess is that they chose this year and trim because it was the year and trim that they had a real-life example of for scanning. There are several cars in the game with strange year/trim choices like this.
Yeah, you’re probably right.

IMG_4252.jpeg

Since the '97 Castrol Supra is already in the game, I doubt this will be added too due to being too similar, but the one I have nostalgia for is the '00 version that featured in Gran Turismo 3.
IMG_4250.jpeg

Given it's in a closer year bracket to the Skyline GT-R, & NSX that's coming, I'd like to have seen this version show up again one day.

Maybe a smidge more likely is the 2005 YellowHat Supra from GT5. That had a similar look to the '00 Supra, but I'd imagine had improved aerodynamics. The concern I have with that is it ending up in Gr.2, as it was grouped in with the 2008 GT500 cars back then.
IMG_4251.jpeg

Anyway the reason I brought this up is because of the NSX '00 that we're getting. Really happy to see that return, but would be even better if it had an '00 Supra to go along with it someday to complete the trio. I suppose the '97 will have to do for now.
IMG_4253.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, but that does not make it a Turbo, as in the particular Turbo model. I get that I seem nit-picky, but if you’re a Volvo geek like me these things matters. As I just said, it’s comparable to saying a 325i and an M3 is the same thing.

Edit: Nevermind, it’s just a bit frustrating.
Is it unequivocally proven that it’s a ‘93 model showing up on Thursday?

Back