Gran turismo 7, questions

• Thread starter Bridge050
  • 29 comments
Germany
Germany
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, I hope I post in the right place
Never owned a Play Station before ( or Xbox ) but I'm thinking about getting the PS 5 for the Gran Turismo 7
Is it possible to assign different buttons, for the steer??
For example, like in the attached image
Another question : is it possible to zoom in /out more, from the cockpit view?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• PS 5.jpg
    PS 5.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 10
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, I hope I post in the right place
Never owned a Play Station before ( or Xbox ) but I'm thinking about getting the PS 5 for the Gran Turismo 7
Is it possible to assign different buttons, for the steer??
For example, like in the attached image
Another question : is it possible to zoom in /out more, from the cockpit view?
Thank you in advance
Yes, there is controller mapping in the game and you can set it to steer with the dpad.
Yes, you can zoom the cockpit view in and out (even up and down) but only slightly.

Thank you
With the zoom in and out, can this be saved for one particular car, for example?
In GT Sport it could but in 7 it is universal across all cars. Same with assists such as traction control (and maybe ABS, unsure). It’s both beneficial and also a bit of a hindrance because you don’t have to adjust the view for every car but you also can’t customise them for each car.

Last edited:
In GT Sport it could but in 7 it is universal across all cars. Same with assists such as traction control (and maybe ABS, unsure). It’s both beneficial and also a bit of a hindrance because you don’t have to adjust the view for every car but you also can’t customise them for each car.
Thank you, guys
I just ordered the PS 5
As I said, I never played before on PS or Xbox
I'm a " flight simulator" addicted :)
I have a 55 inches Samsung 4k TV as monitor
Now, I'll have to find a way how to use the headphones
I'll buy some cheap headphones if necessary
Right now I'm using on PC, the external Sound Blaster AE9 with Beyerdynamic T5 3rd generation
I guess, it's impossible to use the same headphones for the PS 5, without being forced to remove them from the external sound, every time when I play on the PS 5

Guys, please help me with an advice
I should receive the PS 5, on Tuesday
I'd like to purchase a steering wheel but I'm a bit confused. As I said, I'm into flight simulators
I have some space on my desk, in the middle
On the right side is the joystick and on the left, the throttle and the rudder pedals on the ground, so if I buy the steering wheel, there is no space for pedals
Is that possible to play only with the steering wheel?
Could I use some buttons on the steering wheel, for brake, reverse, etc ??

Buying a wheel and not using pedals? Smh
Way to ignore people with lower limb deficiency/paralysis/absence, while also failing to answer the question in your rush to sneer. Keep shaking your head; hopefully you'll rattle some thoughts into it.

Unfortunately, in GT, the answer is "no", as far as I'm aware. Other racing games do allow you to map brake and accelerator to paddles.

Welcome Bridge050 and hope you enjoy this forum very much. You can defo use a controller and map custom commands to it like when I changed my NOS button for the drag races, which you will eventually get to into the game.

Once you famliar with the game more, then invest in a wheel and enjoy it, like The Fishermans ranch even more lol.

I look forward as a controller user to GT7 to hopefully be Racing you online one day. Remember the game is internet dependant connection heavy ok.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Woah okay. Just because I find this sudden desire for an investment odd doesn't mean I'm looking down on wheelchair people.

People are so damn sensitive on internet these days...

Last edited:
@Famine Lack of space =/= lower limb deficiency
Woah okay. Just because I find this sudden desire for an investment odd doesn't mean I'm looking down on wheelchair people.

People are so damn sensitive on internet these days...

Woeful backpedal with even more derogatory nonsense. "Wheelchair people" :rolleyes:

The phrase you're looking for is "I'm sorry, I was careless and insensitive."

Edit: My word, you're still digging!

Last edited:
Woeful backpedal with even more derogatory nonsense. "Wheelchair people" :rolleyes:
Don't try to guilt trip me. You remind me of someone who said cyclists shouldn't be called cyclists. What then, people travelling on bicycles?? Talk about redundant...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, please help me with an advice
I should receive the PS 5, on Tuesday
I'd like to purchase a steering wheel but I'm a bit confused. As I said, I'm into flight simulators
I have some space on my desk, in the middle
On the right side is the joystick and on the left, the throttle and the rudder pedals on the ground, so if I buy the steering wheel, there is no space for pedals
Is that possible to play only with the steering wheel?
Could I use some buttons on the steering wheel, for brake, reverse, etc ?
Hi you might like this for your new ps5 as well ;)
star wars squadron's and ace combat work great with it and also in VR ;)

Don't try to guilt trip me.
That only works on people capable of feeling guilt.

You posted to sneer at someone (with no intent to even answer their entirely valid question) and in your haste totally forgot that able-bodied people might be the norm but are not the only people who like to game. After backpedalling slightly you then amped it up with a straightforward derogatory term, then determined everyone else is to blame for your thoughtlessness because they're too sensitive. Still, it all goes to show why the modern focus on "inclusion" in gaming is entirely necessary.

Even after being given an "out" you've chosen to attack me for... some random tripe about bicycles (because that's entirely comparable to the outrageous disablist attitude you're showing here) wobbling around your shaking skull rather than showing any kind of remorse, apologetic action, or even recognition you were wrong in the first place. Edit: Heh, unsurprising "justification" for not apologising.

All of which I'm leaving in place so nobody is ever under any kind of illusion as to what sort of person you are. This kind:

Way to ignore people with lower limb deficiency/paralysis/absence, while also failing to answer the question in your rush to sneer. Keep shaking your head; hopefully you'll rattle some thoughts into it.

Unfortunately, in GT, the answer is "no", as far as I'm aware. Other racing games do allow you to map brake and accelerator to paddles.
Back in the day i had a Thrustmaster Rally GT Force Feedback PRO Clutch Edition it comes with 2 paddles each side the top one was normal gear shifter's but the lower ones were analogue so you could throttle and brake with them no need for peds :) but they are pretty old and i have never seen another wheel do it :(

Back in the day i had a Thrustmaster Rally GT Force Feedback PRO Clutch Edition it comes with 2 paddles each side the top one was normal gear shifter's but the lower ones were analogue so you could throttle and brake with them no need for peds :) but they are pretty old and i have never seen another wheel do it :(
Wouldn't the clutch paddles on something like the Fanatec Podium Advanced Paddles Module do the same sort of thing?

Of course GT would have to allow you to map the functions to the paddles.

hehe i had the choice rtx or ps5 guess what won :)
I have both ( soon the PS 5 )
By the way where did you get the crap Thrustmaster T16000M ? That's " impressive "
You could bring your GTX 1070 to Louvre Museum
You'll get a lot of money
LOL

Last edited:
Back