Gran Turismo 7 Randomizer! Program v1.40 & Sheets v1.29

• Thread starter con360
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
UK
GT7 Randomizer.png

Now with a new program version found here!
(Recommended version!)

Hello! I thought I'd get round to sharing a pretty basic spreadsheet that allows RNG to take the reins! This does include everything including the latest update, v1.29!

If you every find yourself wanting to try some new track and car combination,want to challenge yourself, or see what sillyness you can get up to in one of the GT World events then this is for you!

Here is a basic breakdown of what each of the sheets does!

CustomRaces.png

The Custom Races sheet will help decide what track you are going to next, what car you are taking and how the opponents should be chosen!
This pulls data from two of the end sheets that will be mentioned further down, but this sheet can give you the settings for your custom event!

It will choose a completely random car from the 463 available, although you can add your own listings for custom tunes in the Data sheet.
It will choose a random track/track layout from the 108 available, you can change the list in the Data sheet if you wanted to remove the dirt tracks for instance.
It will set the lap count so that the race is roughly between 10 & 50 miles in length, these limits can be changed in the Track Data sheet.
It will give you a starting position, tyre wear rate, fuel usage rate.
It will give you a legal combination of weather and time for the chosen track (no rain appearing when you can't/no midnight where not possible!)
Then it will give you how the opponents should be chosen. This includes the standard options such as Random, One Make & Same Group. But this also includes limits on what you should choose from your garage, such as Country, Drivetrain, PP Range, etc. This can be added to or edited from the hidden Column A on this sheet!

EventsConstraints.png

The Events with Constraints sheet is the one that I use the most.

This sheet will randomly choose a legal combination of GT World Event & Car (based on stock stats incl. stock tyres) from a pool of nearly 6500 entries.
I used the limits that are set in game (obviously!) but also the recommended PP from every event as well, so it will never give you something that is 'technically' OP for the event even if you can enter it. I did put some lower bounds on the PP selection for the higher tier events like the Gr1, Gr3 & Gr4 events just so you won't get stuck with a 595 on Monza, but I can always put these back in if wanted. The data for this is hidden in column A of this sheet, just be aware it is quite large!
I'm sure I could have made it smartly pick the combinations, but at the end of the day it is just a simple spreadsheet!

You could end up with a Mk1 Golf for the Schwarzwald League, or you could end up with the new Italdesign VGT in a Dirt Champions race, you never know! This honestly makes the game 100x more replayable offline rather than grinding the same four events! Plus I'm sure you all have a few cars that have had 0 miles put on them since you bought them :P

EventsAnything.png

This sheet is the equivilent of throwing everything within a 20 foot radius at the wall and hoping something sticks.
This is a very very dumb randomizer as it takes no limits into account, you could end up with it suggesting you take a DB5 into an American Clubman event for example. But, this is still quite fun if you want a pure random challenge of having to tune a random car to beat the random event it has chosen! (Where possible obviously, you can't be changing cars nationalities now!)

Very basic but still fun!

GTAuto.png

Yup... Ever just can't decide on what colour you want your new randomly picked car to be? Not sure what wheels to pop on?

Lucky you then!

This sheet will give you:
A random wheel choice
A random paint chip (should we still call them chips??) choice
A random set of values for the Colour Picker & paint material.
Decal texture, just in case you can't make up your mind!

Nothing amazing in here in all fairness, it was just writing out all the paints in here that was painful. The data is hidden in columns A-D on this sheet.

Data.png

The data tabs! There are three in total:
Cars List, Tracks List, Events List.
Now while these don't contain all the information that you could ever need (I didn't include event winnings, track corner count or cars power & weight (yet I spent the extra effort to find/figure out nearly every cars engine configuration... muppet!)) but for this specific spreadsheet it is perfect.
You can filter all the cars based on your needs, or if you just want to find what cars are compatible with the event that you are after.

There are a lot of hidden columns in these tabs that make some of the randomizing a little bit easier to work out, just so you are aware and don't randomly go deleting columns! :dopey:

I will get round to adding more info in these tabs in the future, as i'm sure there will be events that limit based on power & weight for instance.

The preferred method of using this spreadsheet is through Google Sheets, as it can be viewed anywhere & supports a checkbox for refreshing/re-randomizing the document! Just be aware, re-randomizing one sheet will reroll all of them!
To get a copy for yourself you'll have to be signed in to a Google Account, then press: File -> Make a copy.
This will pop a copy of the spreadsheet in your Google Drive for you to randomize as much as you want or edit.
Or you can just refresh the page if you want, this will generally take longer than just pressing a button however! But feel free to just keep the link bookmarked if you wish!

If you disagree with the big bad G, then I have included a Excel document at the bottom of this post! The refresh/re-randomization is different however!
If you are actually using Excel then you'll need to press F9 to re-randomize, however something like open office requires Shift+Ctrl+F9...
Not entirely sure about Android or iOS versions of Excel unfortunately!

If you have any corrections, suggestions or questions feel free to pop them down below, I will try my best to add what I can to the sheet if needed/wanted! I may have forgot to mention bits here and there, apologies if I did!

Anyway here is the link to the G-Sheets one, the Excel on is attatched at the bottom of this post!

Google Drive

Cheers for looking, and I hope this is useful for some of you!

Attachments

• GT7 Randomizer.xlsx
    962.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Figured I'd post to bump because this is a great little resource and it's easy to have good fun with it. Have used it for a few races, and it's been good fun trying to tune the car it throws at me to be competitive within the event.

Custom Races are good fun too, and whilst the AI there is unfortunately weak, I've had a good time with the parameters it's set - I think it could make for some good lobbies if you use it with a bunch of friends, and all race/tune the car you get given to a specific PP limit.

93e5fa9f0152fe90f125d25a39287224_photo.jpg

f810624d0a351e5c49b6d44e13a09bfd_photo.jpg

Been having great fun with this today, mainly on events w/constraints.. Finally raced with some cars that have sat unused in my garage since they were acquired. Great stuff

A basic customisable randomiser for Gran Turismo 7 with three four whole tabs!

Runs on Python, but there is a packed exe in 'Releases' so you shouldn't need to install Python to run it! Hopefully!

And apologies in advance for how basic it is, this is literally my first coding project...

Will update the csv files when a game update is available and I have access to the data!

You can edit the csv files yourselves if you want to add custom events as ones that can appear or custom cars that can appear as well! The only thing you'll have to do is keep the data layed out the same way as the rest, which you can determine what is what by looking at the headings.

If you want to edit the csv files, they must be saved as comma delimited csvs with UTF-8 encoding!

You can now add your custom cars to a seperate csv file (named CustomCars.csv)! The file needs to exist otherwise the program will crash, so it is included in the download with three cars in there for reference: The 25th Anniversary GR Yaris, the Michelin Event 918 and the Honda eMS Event Civic FL5. You can add as many cars as you'd like to this list and not worry about updating it ever (just make sure not to overwrite it if you download the whole package again!

I would also recommend setting your cars to have custom 'Groups' where the group category is. Such as the included 'Custom1' group. This can have anything input into it and is very useful if you want to limit the pool of cars to ones you have tuned to be balanced to eachother!

I have also updated the Race and Custom tabs to have more functionality!

Here are the three tabs:

Like I said, basic.

First, please be aware that all the data is based on the data in game, not the real world. Some data in game is wrong such as certain dimensions of cars of even some engine layouts. The types are a particular annoyance as cars like the Vulkan & FXX K should be listed as Racing Cars and not Road Cars...

The first tab is what I'd consider the main tab for most, it chooses a random event and then gives you a random car that in it's stock form is eligible for the event. Obviously you will end up with say a Hypercar Parade event with a Suzuki Swift as the car. It will be up to you if you want to take on the challenge of tuning up the car or re-rolling for a different set! There are options for disabling any tyre restriction checking (so cars that fall within the PP limit but with Sports Hards instead of Comfort Softs will show up on events that have such requirements for example), and there is an optional PP restriction which uses the PP recommended values for events which technically have no PP restriction. There is now a new option of enabling any cars within the CustomCars list to be included in the pool of cars that can be chosen for the events!

The second tab is technically the most complex. It is the Custom Race tab! This will select a random car, then a random track, then it will generate a random number of laps between 1 and whatever amount of laps will bring you just above your defined mileage (in the 'Max race mileage' section, default 50 miles), then a time of day, then a weather (rain enabled tracks will also have rain as an option). On the right hand side there is now a new option of enabling any cars within the CustomCars list to be included in the pool of cars that can be chosen for your custom events, and you can also force override the car (custom cars included in the list)/track so it will always generate everything else around your selections! On the left hand side is the opponent selection retriction generator. If you enable opponent generation then it will also take into account all of the ticked (and defined) restrictions underneath it and give you a field of 20 cars that fit the restrictions based on the random car it has given you. The restrictions are as follows:

Group Limit: If your car is Gr.3, your opponents will be Gr.3, if you are in a Gr.1 your opponents will be Gr.1 Make Limit: Keep all generated cars to the same brand as the players rolled/chosen car. Engine Type: This will limit the cars by engine layout, you have an I4, you'll only get I4 opponents. Flat 6? Flat 6 opponents etc. Type: This is: Road Car, Racing Car or Professionally Tuned. Aspiration: Limits by Turbo, Supercharged, EV or Naturally Asipirated. Drivetrain: If FR, then opponents FR. If 4WD, then opponenents 4WD etc. Country: Always chooses cars of the same country of origin. Tag: will only choose cars that have exactly the same tags as the car you are given, excluding the ones used for 'Type'. So a car with #Hybrid + #Vision Gran Turismo will only have other #Hybrid & #Vision Gran Turismo cars. PP difference: Should be self explanatory, only picks cars within the PP difference provided, this is both above and be (Default 50, so +50 & -50) Year difference: Same concept as PP diff, just with year of manufacture. so a 2010 car with a year difference of 10 would see 2000 - 2020.

And yes, the restrictions do stack! Also in the opponent list will be 'Player car here!' to also give you a random starting position in the custom race if you so wish.

The third tab is the GTAuto tab. This will generate a random wheel choice & a random paint choice. Then on the right hand side it will also generate custom colours & options for the livery editor. It will give you a random decal finish, paint material for custom colours & and also generate and show you a custom colour.

I hope this makes the game a little more enjoyable for those that end up using this!

Last edited:
Back