Gran Turismo 7 region problem

• Thread starter JIXO
  • 6 comments
Libya
Libya
My account is American and I've progressed so much in the game but in online it's always lagging over 200 ping because I don't live in America anymore, I'm in the European region but the game takes the region settings from the account which is wrong, it should take my current location and gives me the best servers, pleeease fix the issue, I'm trying to compete in big races, and no I don't want to make a new account I already progressed so much.

GTPlanet is not affiliated with Polyphony Digital or Sony Interactive Entertainment in any way
In non-legalese: We are just a fan-run community and we don’t have any official correspondence with the devs

GTPlanet is not affiliated with Polyphony Digital or Sony Interactive Entertainment in any way
In non-legalese: We are just a fan-run community and we don’t have any official correspondence with the devs
Yeah i know but i was hoping someone would either give me a solution or a way to contact them because they don't allow anyone to contact them💀

pleeease fix the issue
There isn't a fix - or an issue (or anything specifically to do with GT7). This is PlayStation Network functionality as intended.

My account is American and I've progressed so much in the game but in online it's always lagging over 200 ping because I don't live in America anymore, I'm in the European region but the game takes the region settings from the account which is wrong, it should take my current location and gives me the best servers, pleeease fix the issue, I'm trying to compete in big races, and no I don't want to make a new account I already progressed so much.
I've lived in Asia and Europe, and now I live in Africa. I've just created local accounts depending on where I live. I understand your point, but aside from accessing the liveries created on my Asian GT Sport account to my European GT7, I haven't given it much thought. I'd suggest just going through the initial pain of setting up a European account and then enjoying the additional flexibility that this brings. It shouldn't take that long to get the account to a similar DR.

I started a new African account (it is still EMEA) only in January, and to be honest, I quite enjoyed the process. I also get better connections than I did in Europe, although I'm racing under the nearest European flag to where I now live. That feels a bit strange to me.

I've lived in Asia and Europe, and now I live in Africa. I've just created local accounts depending on where I live. I understand your point, but aside from accessing the liveries created on my Asian GT Sport account to my European GT7, I haven't given it much thought. I'd suggest just going through the initial pain of setting up a European account and then enjoying the additional flexibility that this brings. It shouldn't take that long to get the account to a similar DR.

I started a new African account (it is still EMEA) only in January, and to be honest, I quite enjoyed the process. I also get better connections than I did in Europe, although I'm racing under the nearest European flag to where I now live. That feels a bit strange to me.
Thank you, i already started the European account and i guess you're right it's the only choice, I'm not sure when it will let me compete in big races but I'll work my way up

Thank you, i already started the European account and i guess you're right it's the only choice, I'm not sure when it will let me compete in big races but I'll work my way up
What do you mean by Big Races?

Back