Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.44)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 45 comments
1. Noticed after 1.44: When you pit and before you select tires there's a new Tyre History indicator in the left bottom corner of the screen. Shows the tires you're currently wearing and the number of full laps that you wore them. Assuming the pit entrance is usually right before the finish line this number is always off by one (as it doesn't count the current lap that you're finishing). Maybe it was introduced a bit before 1.44?
2. Noticed after 1.45: The tyre wear seems a bit faster now. Judging by the fact that I do daily races of Sardegna WTC800 with the same strategy every day and after 1.45 the rear RS tyres are completely red in the middle of lap 8. That never happened before 1.45. Have no precise numbers to prove that though, maybe someone who logged the telemetry before and after 1.45 can prove that.

1. Noticed after 1.44: When you pit and before you select tires there's a new Tyre History indicator in the left bottom corner of the screen. Shows the tires you're currently wearing and the number of full laps that you wore them. Assuming the pit entrance is usually right before the finish line this number is always off by one (as it doesn't count the current lap that you're finishing). Maybe it was introduced a bit before 1.44?
It was there for a while. However the laps number is not consistent - if you pit at the end of lap 5, it shows 4 in the history, but if you pit again at the end of lap 10 it will show 5 + 5 in the history.

I don't know if this was definitely 1.44, it might also have been 1.43, but I haven't seen anyone notice it yet: At some point recently they've changed the pit exit at Daytona Road.

Previously, after the stop it would teleport you around the first corner, and the auto-drive would only be for the small part of the pitlane alongside turn 2. Now, at least for the race that is the current Weekly Challenge, the auto-drive starts where the Tri-Oval pitlane exit would be, and you go around turn 1 in the pitlane at pit limiter speeds. This means you lose more time in the pits there.

It was there for a while. However the laps number is not consistent - if you pit at the end of lap 5, it shows 4 in the history, but if you pit again at the end of lap 10 it will show 5 + 5 in the history.
Im guessing that is because the game counts 2 laps as pit laps, as indicated with a red timer instead of blank, blue or purple.
The pits out lap propably will be your fastest, but wont be accounted as the fastest lap.

I also noticed a pin option for decals and history for the search words you type. Nice features, but they seem to have removed the option to add decals to collection using triangle when using the search. Now you can only add to favourites.
You have to open detail first. I know it's an extra step.

A little late, I apologize.

Not sure if it was already like that but you now lose speed when hitting the snow lights on the side of the road at Lake Louise. EDIT: All tracks that have cones that get back up such as Le Mans, Spa, etc.

Last edited:
Were they? It says New next to the button on the main menu and when I reinstalled the game a few weeks ago I tried the mode and it was only the original three there.
There were six originally. The other six were added in 1.35 in June 2023.

There were six originally. The other six were added in 1.35 in June 2023.
I'm 99% sure I only ever had three, unless you had to get gold in all of them to unlock others. Or I just didn't move across the screen enough to see them. It definitely said 'new' on the main menu for the first time when I reinstalled the other week though.

Oh well, this slowness bodes well for actual racing.

I'm 99% sure I only ever had three, unless you had to get gold in all of them to unlock others.
You have to pass one to unlock the next, but even pre-launch there were six...
Or I just didn't move across the screen enough to see them.
... and you can see the first four:
1713366544456.png

I'm 99% sure I only ever had three, unless you had to get gold in all of them to unlock others. Or I just didn't move across the screen enough to see them. It definitely said 'new' on the main menu for the first time when I reinstalled the other week though.

Oh well, this slowness bodes well for actual racing.

You can see the six they added in the patch notes for 1.35 here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_1400153.html

Back