Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.39 Fixes Sport Mode Loading Issue

• Thread starter Famine
  • 34 comments
The circumstances weren’t fair for them as the majority of their competitors were actually blocked from racing. If you remove 80% of the competition you aren’t actually a better driver, you just moved up the ranks from what was left.
The Championship Races I did had all the normal names I race with on a weekly basis. I know there were issues but there were plenty of lobbies that were unaffected.

My point is that whatever they do, someone is disadvantaged. Saying that rolling back to pre 1.38 would be fair to all players just isn't true.

It's all null and void though as there's no way PD will do that after this much time.

...You think the people who spent hours, if not days, on trying to move their position on the ranking boards to be higher weren't pissed about having all their hard work erased?...
Then why would they do it again? The hive is already agitated, put the stick down...😁

I'm looking at it purely from the wallet perspective, though, as I think that's a large(r) component to the decision making process at PD. IMHO, trying to argue the 'fairness' aspect is impossible given it's driven by individual experience. This quickly becomes akin to arguing which is better, chocolate or vanilla. It's one of those opinion/preference/personal experience-based things that is tough to resolve, is all.

Some people had full, regular lobbies both weeks. Some had a couple dropped races but were otherwise fine. Some want to take advantage of every scenario they can for nefarious reasons. Some wanted to set the game on fire and stage an international march on PD and demand the Gov't regulate their patch Dev/QA/Release cycle. Ok, last one's a joke, but would you be surprised? Point being, where do you even find 'fair' with those data points as guardrails?🤣

For me, no cares. As soon as I saw there were issues, I went back to playing GTSport (I mean, they've got Monza, why not?👍) so gained/lost nothing through it all. I just don't see how PD has a good move here. Sometimes the best move ends-up being no move at all when viewed through the corporate lens, and that's what I'm anticipating. Nothin'.

Anyway, sounds like they got it right on 1.39 so might be a good time to mosey back into '7 territory. Have fun, all!

:cheers:

PS: I said I gained/lost nothing through it all and that's not true. I gained some really, really awesome racing with some folks I hadn't seen in a while so I take it as a win, just not in 7. Gonna miss 'Sport when it's gone, glad it stuck around as long as it did.

Last edited:
Maybe the best move for PD is to have an alternative to sport mode for decent racing? They've only had 18 months or so, aside from Sophy it doesn't appear much movement of the needle has happened

Anyway, sounds like they got it right on 1.39 so might be a good time to mosey back into '7 territory. Have fun, all!
My Sport mode is still screwed up. I tried Daily Race B on the weekend and the whole grid was frozen in place while I drove around Laguna Seca by myself. Apparently, I moved up in position from 15th to 11th despite being the only person on the track and I got demoted to C class for it.

My Sport mode is still screwed up. I tried Daily Race B on the weekend and the whole grid was frozen in place while I drove around Laguna Seca by myself. Apparently, I moved up in position from 15th to 11th despite being the only person on the track and I got demoted to C class for it.
💩

Not at all the outcome I/anyone wanted. Hopefully this is localized/sporadic but sorry you took yet another hit to your rating.

You'd think that this moment, when one of your competitors has just had a major release, would be the WORST possible moment to administer a screw-up on top of your existing screw-up. That'd be screwed-up. This is the stuff that gets dev departments replaced carte blanche, and in the blink of an eye...

Speaking of releases, I gotta go lurk the Forza forums to see how things are going in there. Curious if we've found friends to commiserate with or if the GT set be riddled with envy.😁

:cheers:

Back