Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
Very nice cars BUT
NO TRACK
NO CHAMPIONSHIPS
NO CUSTOMIZATION IN ON LINE LOBBIES
NO CUSTOMIZATION IN CUSTOM RACES
NO ABILITY TO SELL ENGINES AND PARTS
... make Homer go crazy!
1716997878265.png

I'd like to see your math. :lol:
GT6 to GTS took around 4 years.
GTS to GT7 took around 5 years.

2025 will be the year in which GT7 turns 3 years. Besides, modern high budget games take longer to make these days. The small gaps between the early GT titles come down to less demanding video game standards at the time.

Old AAA games like GTAIII, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas took less time to develop combined than GT7. Nowadays it takes 800 years to develop just one GTA game.

Last edited:
At this point it seems very unlikely that we'll get any new tracks in GT7. Hopefully GT8 will come sometime in 2025.
I really hope it doesn’t. I’m still earning cars in GT7 and perfecting tunes. I might feel different if I didn’t have to unlock all the cars again. I’d gladly welcome better graphics and physics and sound… and more cars and tracks, but I really don’t look forward to the grind again. I know some say that’s part of the game, and sure I’d be on board if we got lots of credits for racing online as well as single player. Equal payments for race time. I race online mostly so building credits has always been a struggle in this game.

If they did it more like GT Legends, which I faintly remember you working your way through the classes and as you did you unlocked all the cars in those classes. Then bring it. But if it’s a grind all over again then playing GT7 would feel like a waste of my time if I were to move onto GT8 and kiss GT7 goodbye. GT8 would have to be drastically different cars and tracks and not much else changed.

I remember it felt that way going from GT5 to GT6. I have to do this all over again?! 😭😭😭

They have quite literally added my car. The SE was pretty much the last 240 they made, alongside the Torslanda, which was more basic, and had stripes, and much nicer wheels. 90% of SEs seem to have come with the 2 litre fuel injected 4 cylinder, and a 5-speed manual (mine included), which is kind of a shame in a way because the 2.3 or 2.3 turbo fitted to '80s 240s are generally seen as more desirable/tunable engines. Not that I care, my literal friggin' car is coming to Gran Turismo!

Last edited:
At this point it seems very unlikely that we'll get any new tracks in GT7. Hopefully GT8 will come sometime in 2025.
You're setting yourself up for disappointement if you think the issues plaguging GT7 will be magically addressed with GT8.

As others have pointed out GT8 is likely years away due to increasing dev cost for AAA games. Additionally, quite a few of the things people want remedied in GT8, are the same things others thought would be corrected with GT7... Yet here we are lololol.

I expect PD will continue to deliver content over the next couple of years in the forms of cars/tracks. IF they begin to incrementally fix system-level issues with GT7, I'll start to have a level of anticipation for GT8.

Last edited:
If Polyphony Digital isn't going to introduce some ground-breaking new features and rebuild the career mode from scratch, using GT Sophy and progression akin to older games, then I'd rather stick with GT7 instead of buying GT8 where I'd have to grind for all these cars from the beginning 😄

Last edited:
It’s several times more more likely that GT7 gets one or two more tracks than GT8 releasing in 2025.
you know we will probably see 1-2 year gap of no content before they will give us GT8? I am pretty certain it will be for PS6. It will make more sense to give players new GT as a launch title of new generation than selling GT8 close to PS6...

Another cross gen game.....

Would be nice if we could get one current gen game. That actually takes advantage of ps5.
At least a year or 3 before ps6 ideally
They can do a next gen patch or something for launch.

1993 Volvo 240 Wagon BaT

Hope it’s a manual.
Everyone all upset, but I’m over here cheesin’. :D
IMG_4253.jpeg

PD answers prayers. :lol:

Now that we have the official iconic EG, I can finally recreate this!
26yo in 1997. While working for NY Telephone(NYNEX) in The Bronx, I passed a game store that had a demo of Gran Turismo playing in the window. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A Honda Civic racing against a Corvette! The Civic was keeping pace around the corners, through a tunnel(Grand Valley). That image is burned into my memory for all time.

Vivid memories, were realising grocery-getter cars can rev past 8000rpm and seeing the Spoon Civic upwards of something like 16,000rpm!

Also, discovering Best Motoring videos around the year 1999/2000 were essentially, virtually, Gran Turismo. Opened my mind even further, at the time, to special models we couldn't get get in the USA.

It's always been about watching relays for me. Maybe that's part of GT's success for many players.
20970317022382248.jpg
20970642459078923.jpg
20970219843158077.jpg

Cant wait til this afternoon.

I’ll hold on to the NSXs and acquire more Supras and Skylines when they return to the LCD(plenty of time til then). The V40 can wait it ain’t going anywhere.

Last edited:
Another cross gen game.....

Would be nice if we could get one current gen game. That actually takes advantage of ps5.
At least a year or 3 before ps6 ideally
They can do a next gen patch or something for launch.
I'd imagine GT8 will be PS5 exclusive with PS5 Pro enhancements that don't impact gameplay (resolution, ray tracing).

GT9 will drop 2 years after the PS6 debuts and will be cross gen.

I’m excited for the Volvo 240 :) My uncle used to have one in that typical dark blue :) But I’m only slightly annoyed the V40 is right hand drive… I generally dislike it when PD switches between right- and left hand drive cars from (mainland) Europe… imho if the brand in from a left hand drive country, the car should be modeled left hand drive and for brands that are from right hand driving countries, right hand drive. Or just have both available so people can choose which one they want… (that’ll never happen though)

I honestly don't think we can make that assumption. It took about 9 months between Grand Valley and Lake Louise. It's been about 6 since Lake Louise. A new track 3 months from now would be on pace. It's just... a very slow pace.
Just speaking for myself (obviously), I don't mind the slow pace of <insert aspect of the game here>. It's just that holistically, when I look at the game compared to GT Sport. I can't help but wonder where the dev time went, it was 6 years between titles right? I could be mistaken.

For example... Let's say GT7 dropped and it debuted with vastly improved physics, penalty systems, FFB and the weather system was used to it's fullest. I'd better understand the lack of tracks, car additions, etc. Instead we got a cross-gen game that went backwards in certain respects... That being said, I'm always open to new info about the dev process. I'm sure there are things I don't understand.

Last edited:
90% of SEs seem to have come with the 2 litre fuel injected 4 cylinder, and a 5-speed manual (mine included), which is kind of a shame in a way because the 2.3 or 2.3 turbo fitted to '80s 240s are generally seen as more desirable/tunable engines.
Perhaps that way outside the Nordic, but between me and my friend we've had four '92 models - three SEs, one GL - and all of them have had the 2.3 engine, the 2.0 is more of a rarity here. There never was a 2.3 turbo 240 from the factory, only 2.1 as the bigger ones went to the 700/900 series.

Plot twist: Sarah doesn't come congratulate you when you get all the LCD or all the cars in the game. Ask me how I know............. :grumpy:
Look, she's only just congratulated you for getting 500 cars last month in her nice patronising way. What more do you want ;)
Just speaking for myself (obviously), I don't mind the slow pace of <insert aspect of the game here>. It's just that holistically, when I look at the game compared to GT Sport. I can't help but wonder where the dev time went, it was 6 years between titles right? I could be mistaken.

For example... Let's say GT7 dropped and it debuted with vastly improved physics, penalty systems, FFB and the weather system was used to it's fullest. I'd better understand the lack of tracks, car additions, etc. Instead we got a cross-gen game that went backwards in certain respects... That being said, I'm always open to new info about the dev process. I'm sure there are things I don't understand.
First year post release included a lot of work on GT Sport, then another likely 3 years + of those 6 years went on the game engine, lighting engine, physics etc. So only maybe 2 years was spent on the game itself. Although admittedly there wasn't much game to be found on release, they would have had to create the "cafe scenes", photograph another billion scapes, hunt for suitable rabbits for us to chase in the events etc etc. OK I made up the last bit... :lol:

Hell yea C5.R and C6.R over C8.R any day and i like the C8 race car only the sound is "meh"
I believe the issue is, there was a falling out between Polyphony and Pratt & Miller, over the addition of the C5.R way back in GT 3, if I remember correctly. I believe P & M were unhappy with the sound modeling.

First year post release included a lot of work on GT Sport, then another likely 3 years + of those 6 years went on the game engine, lighting engine, physics etc. So only maybe 2 years was spent on the game itself. Although admittedly there wasn't much game to be found on release, they would have had to create the "cafe scenes", photograph another billion scapes, hunt for suitable rabbits for us to chase in the events etc etc. OK I made up the last bit... :lol:
It's the same game engine with some improvements for the PS5, there's nothing "next-gen" about it. The fact that they've squeezed so much out of the PS4 is what I find most astonishing.

As it pertains to GT Sport, I found that the penalty system and FFB was better (at least initially) there. GT7 is definitely a step backwards with the penalty system.

The end of your post is probably more accurate than they'd ever admit to lol.

Back