Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
Round 2 at Fuji. It would appear that what PD got was the Fuji specification of the car for Gran Turismo 3 (as well as the Raybrig and ARTA NSXs, which might just be duplicates as both still had 1999 aero in the actual fuji race). Turns out the picture I posted earlier was a preseason test also at Fuji. Mystery solved.
Speaking of that, I had a look at the Supras and Skylines/GT-Rs from GT3 and they too lacked diveplanes, which has me thinking all the GT500 cars in Gran Turismo 3 (Except the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R) were in their Fuji Specification.
I wonder if the car at Honda Collection Hall is also like that, assuming that's the source of scan?

I'm happy to see Volvo come to Gran Turismo, would be really nice if in the future we ended up with a Gr.3/Gr.4 car from them. I know Gr.3 is huge in terms of car lists but it would make a nice addition in my opinion. I've done a bit of a preview video showing off some of the new content as well as airing my opinions on other things.

I'm happy to see Volvo come to Gran Turismo, would be really nice if in the future we ended up with a Gr.3/Gr.4 car from them. I know Gr.3 is huge in terms of car lists but it would make a nice addition in my opinion. I've done a bit of a preview video showing off some of the new content as well as airing my opinions on other things.

Many good options here that would fit into Gr4, and the V8 S60 could be Gr3

btcs11043001.jpg

rlx
The new WTC 800 race at St. Croix is the first one to ever use Layout A – almost feels like a new track!
To be honest the new Sunday Cup's added in this update feels like a waste opportunity. They could use one of the clubman layouts of redbull ring etc.

I’m amazed by the handling of the Volvo 240. It’s so nimble and predictable.

Nissan Skyline GTS-R feels surprisingly capable. I guess that’s what you should expect from a top of the range Skyline, but it still exceeded my expectations a little. FR drivetrain is refreshing too.

Last edited:
I want more proper classic FF machines. The Primera would have to be next from this era.
Anyway, set to Group A specs 230PS(226BHP)/877kg(the lowest we can set) the EG is perfect.

50:50 weight distribution for the 240 makes it a gem. If Francevic and Bowe raced the wagon, instead of the two-door, at Bathurst.
20970825111932937.jpg

Freakin’ awesome! Screams to its 9123 rpm cut off in fifth, right at the 250 marker at Fuji.
20970959908070159.jpg

This update is real Gran Turismoing.

Last edited:
Pretty good update car wise, though for me the civic is a little meh but extra cars are always good.
The engine swaps could have been a little more interesting but all in all pretty good.
Lookong forward to seeing some BTCC liveries for the volvo.

Last edited:
Please address any complaints about errors to Air France, border security at Charles de Gaulle, and the Monsanto Corporation.
Something tells me you had a bad experience with those entities.

For what it's worth, the other 2 20th-century GT500 cars needed to complete the new Extra Menu are currently available in Hagerty's as special picks as well, with the Nissan seeing a 200,000-Cr. price drop from its immediate previous appearance.

Before the update was released, this is how I pictured the Volvo 240.

"Old RWD with skinny tires=naturally drifter. I'll probably struggle in the corners."

Actual driving experience:
"Great handling. Feels like I'm driving an AWD! But this 'brick' has terrible aerodynamics. To make up for the slowness on the straights, I'll have to brake like a kamikaze every time I corner. I'll really struggle in the corners..."

Can't lie this is a top tier update for me. Loving the downswept semi racing exhaust on the Volvo although wish we could get steel wheels, couldn't find any alloys this morning that really suited it.

Really digging the additional lighting options for the Volvo too. Itching to finish work and give it a razz.

Prices for the new cars are reasonable, glad to see a new extra menu book I'll be able to complete today, sad that the reward is an engine ticket. For the new races disappointed the WTC800 one isn't a new grind race option. When they said they adjusted the mechanical damage for EVs, what exactly are they referring to?

Also where will we be able to see the new Hagerty prices?

Last edited:
Back