Gran Turismo 7's Extensive Use of Procedural Generation Revealed in New Video

• Thread starter Famine
  • 22 comments
So why do we have the same wheels from 3gran turismos' ago..? 🤣
1690461545509.png

An obvious way to boost the number of options is to make OEM & VGT wheels available for all cars. Or at the very least, cars within the same brand, if licensing is an issue. I’d also like the option to fit different style wheels front & rear. Something that was pretty common in the 80’s & 90’s.

Much like engine swaps being made available to all. This is an easy, low effort, change that would give a big boost to the tuning community.

Something that would take more development resources is the ability to remove rear seats, fit aftermarket steering wheels, gauges and so on. It’s weird to fit a rollcage to a car when you still have a full OEM interior.

I always loved the Advan 3 spoke wheels. Where are they?
The ones I’m always looking out for are BBS split rims and OZ fan wheels. Both used in Group A touring cars and rallying. I don’t think there are even basic OZ five-spokes, but they’re fitted to the Evo III.

Can’t be a great deal of work to bring those over to the aftermarket section.

An obvious way to boost the number of options is to make OEM & VGT wheels available for all cars. Or at the very least, cars within the same brand, if licensing is an issue. I’d also like the option to fit different style wheels front & rear. Something that was pretty common in the 80’s & 90’s.

Much like engine swaps being made available to all. This is an easy, low effort, change that would give a big boost to the tuning community.

Something that would take more development resources is the ability to remove rear seats, fit aftermarket steering wheels, gauges and so on. It’s weird to fit a rollcage to a car when you still have a full OEM interior.
Nah, engine swaps for all is awful. FH5 has too much of this already

I still don’t understand why there are different color wheels on the Gr. 3 Hyundai, but we can’t do that to any other cars in the game. If PD have used a different program to render such things, it’d be nice to know why players are unable to replicate what PD do.

Having a manufacturer's OEM hubcap installed on another manufacturer's car is something I find weird and I am sure manufacturers think the same.
Can’t be as weird as engine swaps with different brands. Or even some of the more extensive visual mods.

Many of the wheels fitted to cars, such as the already mentioned Evo III, are off-the-shelf items. They just aren’t available in the OZ shop. Also the case for many of the race wheels.

Cragar SS. Arguably the greatest aftermarket wheel the USA has ever produced. If I am not mistaken, it has appeared before. Possibly GT2 or 3 maybe? Regardless, where is it?

I remember PD saying they would add parts via updates . I guess they meant tuning parts and not cosmetic . PD could have actually used a milage exchange to introduce new tuning parts per update .

Back