Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
Great addition to the game, thanks goes out to PD.

However, this game still has a huge hole in its single player campaign that could easily be be filled with a well thought out GT League tab.

Cafe menu still feels like a tutorial that just ends, without warning.

Last edited:
Absolutely. The GT-One qualified at 3'29 while in 2022 the fastest LMP2s were doing 3'28s. From there we get a bridge to LMP2 vs. Super GT - in Fuji that year, the fastest LMP2s qualified at 1'31 whereas the GT500 pole position was a whopping 1'27.

In other words: the GT-One is, and it's already a long shot, barely comparable to the GT500 cars that basically define the Gr2 class in the game. No doubt that it's where it belongs.
It's hard to make a comparison between late 90s cars and modern cars at La Sarthe because there have been many changes over the years, especially the 2002 changes which slowed the track down by several seconds, but yes, modern LMP2 cars are quicker than cars like the GT-One. But the Gt-One also put down much faster times at Fuji and La Sarthe than the 787B, 962C and XJR-9 (Fuji comparison only), so what group do those three go in?

Just a caveat for those that don’t know. Be mindful of the tyres that are standard on the GT-One. Most likely they are Racing Medium. If you switch the compounds to RH, that car will be on RH as default if you use it as an AI car for Custom Races. It won’t have the grip to match other AI race cars in the same class that use RM as default tyre compounds.

Just a caveat for those that don’t know. Be mindful of the tyres that are standard on the GT-One. Most likely they are Racing Medium. If you switch the compounds to RH, that car will be on RH as default if you use it as an AI car for Custom Races. It won’t have the grip to match other AI race cars in the same class that use RM as default tyre compounds.
They added that back? I haven't played the game outside of AFK grinding credits since the last update; but before that one changing a car to RH was still reverted to RM when the AI drove it. If they changed it back to that then that's great news as it will make custom races much more interesting.

They added that back? I haven't played the game outside of AFK grinding credits since the last update; but before that one changing a car to RH was still reverted to RM when the AI drove it. If they changed it back to that then that's great news as it will make custom races much more interesting.
A car on racing tires always default to the hardest racing compound you own for the car. If a car comes with comfort or sport tires, and is on comfort or sport tires, it will use the stock tire.

A car that comes with CS tires will use CS tires regardless of which comfort or sport compound you put it on. If you put it on RS tires, it will use those if you don't have harder compounds. If you have RH tires and put it on RS tires, it will use RH tires.

A car that comes with RM tires will use those unless you purchase RH tires for it. If you purchase RH tires, it will always use RH tires, and you cannot undo this change. You would need to buy a new car if you want it to use RM tires again.

I haven't tested what happens with a car that comes with racing tires when put on comfort or sport tires.

This behavior has been unchanged since release.

Last edited:
Doesn't it make more sense to simply make peace with this and stop torturing yourself?

Meh, maybe it's just me! Just wanted to say that I think you're all crazy. :D
It is a mental patient level of crazy up in here. :lol:

Having said that, I don't judge for all the craziness. I'm more concerned about your blood pressure levels and wish your peripherals the best of luck that they survive your game sessions.

Can we all just agree that the Gr.2 and Gr.1 classes are a mess and aren't sufficient for categorizing all these different tiers of cars, so the GT One probably fits in both, or neither at the same time? Why care about the classes at all? It's not like many players will be picking the car if it isn't the META of the week anyway, and outside of online racing the classes mean nothing.

It was classed against the Mclaren in real life
Actually, no.

The '98 car did race in the same class as the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, in LMGT1, but the F1 was at the end of its career and woefully outclassed by the quasi-prototypes like the Mercedes CLK-LM, Nissan R390, and Porsche 911 GT1. It was 15 seconds slower than the CLK-LM on pole and 10 slower than the GT-One - although that didn't set a time in qualifying anywhere close to what it did in practice.

However the '99 car was a significantly different vehicle - 11 seconds faster in qualifying (7 if you take the practice time of the '98 car) and it was classed with just the Audi R8C and Mercedes CLR in the new LMGTP category. The F1 never raced the '99 GT-One.

There's little question that the '98 car should be Gr.2. The '99 car on the other hand...

Actually, no.

The '98 car did race in the same class as the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, in LMGT1, but the F1 was at the end of its career and woefully outclassed by the quasi-prototypes like the Mercedes CLK-LM, Nissan R390, and Porsche 911 GT1. It was 15 seconds slower than the CLK-LM on pole and 10 slower than the GT-One - although that didn't set a time in qualifying anywhere close to what it did in practice.

However the '99 car was a significantly different vehicle - 11 seconds faster in qualifying (7 if you take the practice time of the '98 car) and it was classed with just the Audi R8C and Mercedes CLR in the new LMGTP category. The F1 never raced the '99 GT-One.

There's little question that the '98 car should be Gr.2. The '99 car on the other hand...
Yep, all true. I was thinking of thr 98' car for some reason when replying to the user above. Probably because I just looked at the entry list for 1998 race 😬.

Can we all just agree that the Gr.2 and Gr.1 classes are a mess and aren't sufficient for categorizing all these different tiers of cars, so the GT One probably fits in both, or neither at the same time? Why care about the classes at all? It's not like many players will be picking the car if it isn't the META of the week anyway, and outside of online racing the classes mean nothing.
I'm fine with categorizing racing vehicles but GT7's group system just feels too restrictive. There are some cars that could possibly fit into multiple classes if BoP was used properly. The GT-One is the perfect example of this, especially since the car ran in two different classes in different years (And putting the '99 spec GT-One in Group 2 is arguably inaccurate). The late 90s GT1s in general could possibly fit into both Group 2 and Group 1 on paper, and there are a few cars I could think of that fit into both Groups 2 and 3. Another oddball that comes to mind is the Silvia Touring Car, which definitely fits fine in Group 4 but is also odd because it's the only race car in the game to have an engine swap (Specifically the VR38, which of course is in a couple Group 3s already) that puts the stock power to Group 3 levels (Though it would probably be short on downforce compared to a Group 3).

Actually, no.

When it comes to the GT-One, what I always think of is Project CARS 2 (A game I never messed with much), which has both the '98 and '99 spec GT-Ones. The '98 is counted as a GT1 and the '99 as a prototype just like the real car was. Ideally GT7 could have done the same thing. I do appreciate the eclecticism of each race car class in GT7 but it could be a bit more fluid, especially with cars like this.

I am happy that the one car I worked so hard to get in Gran Turismo 3 is coming back in all of its detailed glory.

Also...

....remember beating the Polyphony Digital Cup using the road-going GT-One? Be honest.

:lol:
The only thing I remember from GT3 was being blown away by the graphics coming from GT2. I have no idea how some of you still remember specific events, licence tests, etc. from the older entries.

I am happy that the one car I worked so hard to get in Gran Turismo 3 is coming back in all of its detailed glory.

Also...

....remember beating the Polyphony Digital Cup using the road-going GT-One? Be honest.

:lol:
The only disadvantage the GT-One Road Car has in GT3 over the race car is that you can't modify the front downforce, which is an issue with how many races the game has on Test Course. And the road car takes a lot less effort to obtain.

Actually, no.

As true as this is, that pace will not help it in GR.1 which outguns it in so many areas. It gets put into GR.1, it has no chance.

Honestly PD should have made both versions of GT-One 98/99 , 98 version for Gr.2 and 99 for Gr.1 they could easily buff it to rival Group C cars but it is what it is - at least we finally got it in GT7 in super HD

Last edited:
I hope gtone ends up being in gr,1 otherwise it will limit its Max power output, but better than that i would rather have it like the Suzuki escudo where there is just s pp rating so it can be used more freely.

Patch notes

- Adjusted prize credits for the following race:
  ・European Clubman Cup 600 (Nürburgring Nordschleife)
That's the one that's really weirdly low-paying, right?
According to my notes, yep. An unclean win paid 25,000 Cr.

A further review of those notes showed that 25,000 Cr. came after 15 minutes of racing.

Last edited:
Between the prize adjustment for the Nurburgring European Clubman Cup, the addition of the 1970's Nissan Skylines to the GT-R Cup, and the two new Brand Central cars, we likely have 3 of the 5 slots for tomorrow's Weekly Challenge filled. The questions are which GT-R Cup race, and whether it's the Urus or the R8 that's the focus of the Special Event.

Between the prize adjustment for the Nurburgring European Clubman Cup, the addition of the 1970's Nissan Skylines to the GT-R Cup, and the two new Brand Central cars, we likely have 3 of the 5 slots for tomorrow's Weekly Challenge filled. The questions are which GT-R Cup race, and whether it's the Urus or the R8 that's the focus of the Special Event.
most likely special event for Urus via leaked image before

1711608871260.png

Gr.2 it is and I don't mind it.

Last edited:
Back