Gran Turismo and wheather..

• Thread starter alex511
  • 10 comments
Germany
Germany
Usually, when I Drive for example the „Nordschleife“, I ask me, why there is no wheather, especially Rain there. I mean, the Green hell Lives from their quick changing wheather like maybe no other Track. Its a bless, That the „Real Driving Simulator“ hasnt it got In 2020. Forza has Rain sinceForza 6. Project cars a lot of options to change. What ab blame. Whats your stand at this Point?

Last edited:
I recall reading that PD omitted it from GTS because it'd run the risk of dropping the game's FPS, but I'm very much looking forward to dynamic time of day/weather returning in GT7. Personally, I like what this one iOS karting game did, where the actual, real-world time of day at each real-world circuit was represented in-game.

Last edited:
I recall reading that PD omitted it from GTS because it'd run the risk of dropping the game's FPS, but I'm very much looking forward to dynamic time of day/weather returning in GT7. Personally, I like what this one iOS karting game did, where the actual, real-world time of day at each real-world circuit was represented in-game.
That would be amazing

That would be amazing
Yeah, I think it was called Street Kart Racing with Nico Rossberg, and it was on iOS. And I think it could be real fun for Gran Turismo, too. But to make things fair, I'd have at least locale from the Americas, EMEA, and Asia/Oceania in each set of Daily Races in the future, so that everyone has an option to race at day or night if they prefer. Maybe they could even use real-world weather data, too, to represent any precipitation (e.g. snow would become rain in the colder months) and stuff like if it's foggy, cloudy, sunny, etc.

Last edited:
PC2 does that with the seasons. In the Winter months, Snow is default around Christmas to New Year's.

Actual days can be set. Like today's date, or a date from 10 years ago, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it was called Street Kart Racing with Nico Rossberg, and it was on iOS. And I think it could be real fun for Gran Turismo, too. But to make things fair, I'd have at least locale from the Americas, EMEA, and Asia/Oceania in each set of Daily Races in the future, so that everyone has an option to race at day or night if they prefer. Maybe they could even use real-world weather data, too, to represent any precipitation (e.g. snow would become rain in the colder months) and stuff like if it's foggy, cloudy, sunny, etc.
Yeah obviously this should be limited to only sport mode

Usually, when I Drive for example the „Nordschleife“, I ask me, why there is no wheather, especially Rain there. I mean, the Green hell Lives from their quick changing wheather like maybe no other Track. Its a bless, That the „Real Driving Simulator“ hasnt it got In 2020. Forza has Rain sinceForza 6. Project cars a lot of options to change. What ab blame. Whats your stand at this Point?
The reason is most likely (99% certain) because of the pre-baked ray tracing. There are rainy tracks in GTS, just not the Nurburgring, and these tracks do not have dynamic weather. Gran Turismo 5 and 6 had dynamic weather and time of day (quite a feat for a 2010 game running on the PS3 at 1080p at 60fps) and different weather conditions have existed in Gran Turismo since 2001, so it's not like Forza has the edge here.

Personally, I like what this one iOS karting game did, where the actual, real-world time of day at each real-world circuit was represented in-game.
That would just be an annoying gimmick to me. I wouldnt want to have to play the game at the right time of day to experience a track at night/in the day. If it's an optional feature you can use in single race, great, but why not just give full control of the time of day the race starts to the player instead.

No dynamic weather means the effort to put rain on all tracks is just too big.
They will save that for GT7, I'm sure

Yeah, I agree. And plus maybe track temperature/temperature tyre and tyre pressure also and better physics, AI would also be very good for GT7. Better penalty system, matchmaking and online also and GT4/GT5 career with same modes and type of racing (NASCAR, 24h race, karting, missions, rally, license etc.)

Personally, I like what this one iOS karting game did, where the actual, real-world time of day at each real-world circuit was represented in-game.
That would be a great feature. I always find myself defaulting to what IRL time it is in my location. So say 14:30 then I go for the afternoon preset.

Back