Gran Turismo HD E3 2006 Showcase Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo HD' started by Doomotron, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron

Gran Turismo HD.jpg

I only got my PS3 in 2014, so I never could get GT HD Concept, but I do know about it. I know that it was a project for a GT game on PS3 which would be based nearly entirely on downloadable content, but was scrapped.
    But there was another demo, shown at E3 2006, which had cars from GT4 and Bikes from Tourist Trophy in one game.

Gran Turismo HD (Car Selection).jpg

I am interested in what this is, and what happened to it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

I have the 2007 GT HD Time Trial demo, I got my PS3 in 2008 so it was available back then. If I can look at the GT HD files to see cut tracks or cars.

3. Doomotron

Doomotron

Thanks.

4. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

I got a video showing the R32 in action finally, Eiger has since changed when it became a Prolouge. Here it is.

This is as close as we can get to the earliest demo of Gran Turismo 5 I have on my PS3. The game was going to be about Kaz's vision on what a GT would look like. Much like Vision GT it changed into cars because he wanted to put concepts in his game. That's my guess.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  5. Doomotron

Doomotron

Jesus! That is very different.

Any news about hidden files?

6. Lubeify100

Lubeify100

I have the install disc so if you have any questions I might be able to answer them

7. Doomotron

Doomotron

I've got a small question: was there an interior view?
    If there isn't one, we can see a connection to GT4.

8. Tornado

Tornado

That was GT:HD Classic. It was also the one also shown off as "Vision Gran Turismo" at E3 2005, and it was basically just GT4 running on the PS3. It was the version of the game that was (rightfully) so badly received by the public when it was formally announced that Sony just cancelled the entire thing and announced Prologue instead.

There wasn't. Just cycled between chase cam and bumper cam. GT:HD Premium had cars that were all new models built specifically for the PS3, but they weren't as detailed in general as the stuff in GT5. Confusing this somewhat is that the marketing for this particular version of the game was loaded with bullshots and faked trailers.

ToyGTone, Lubeify100 and Doomotron like this.
  9. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Inferno251, ToyGTone and Doomotron like this.
  10. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

I have compiled a lot of screen shots so here they are. Also the Impreza Rally Car '99 was going to be a premium.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are only a few I have found on Google Images to be legit GT:HD screenshots. And some how Tahatiti Route was included and Citti Di' Aria was as well.

11. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Guess they wanted to keep the feel of GT4 but with more content.

ToyGTone likes this.
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron

That's pretty much it. But I hate it when games are cancelled.

13. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

That brings me to mind..

There was going to be a game for "Boys", most likely a simplified GT in terms of the PS2 age. Which was called; Gran Turismo: For Boys. It was never released due to GT:HD of having a E3 Demo and 2007 GT:HD demos.

ToyGTone, Inferno251 and Doomotron like this.
  14. Castrol96

Castrol96

Not E3, but explanation of what GT HD was going to be...watch all

15. Doomotron

Doomotron

Kazunori said that the PSP version is a rendition of For Boys.

And another thing, I found this on the Gran Turismo Wiki: (...) Among the planned contents he introduced an "iTunes-like" download service and various download packs including additional cars and tracks, advanced AI or car damage, all of which being compatible with the future Gran Turismo 5.

The Wiki also mentioned two versions. GTHD Classic was a PSS download and was GT4 on the PS3 (and would probably free as well) and Premium would be on a disc and be the proper game.

16. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

That makes me extremely sad man... would have loved to have GT4 on the PS3.

Doomotron likes this.
  17. Doomotron

Doomotron

Yeah, me too. GT4 did and still does look really good, even compared to PS3 games. It would have looked at home on the PS3, but would be really dated when Premium car models came along!

GTPVenomZombie likes this.