• Thread starter Madatek
  • 11 comments
Italy
Torino, TO
PastCulleSard
I know what you are probably thinking now:
Hey Madatek, u mad bro?

Let me explain:

There will be some racers (They can use ONLY normal road cars or tuned cars) and cops (they can use ONLY the Nissan Skyline Pace Car - if tuned it can be VERY fast) - cops must be more than racers.

TEH RULEZ!1!

We will use only road courses, or original courses that could seem road courses.

Damage will be set on "Realistic"

Goal of the racers will be - of course - to complete the race.

Goal of the cops will be try to stop them. If they manage to stop a racer and make him impossible to move, race is over for that driver. He will have to retire from the race.

Both racers and cops can use pitlane for repair their cars.

Cops can go on wrong way. Racers can too, but of course if their goal is win the race, is not reccomended.

The first lap will ALWAYS be a prepare-yourselves lap. Racers CAN'T be disturbed by cops, that can anyway keep behind them at distance and/or pick a spot to camp where.

COPS CAN'T BLOCK ALL THE ROAD: there must be some space to make a car pass.
COPS CAN'T BLOCK PIT WAY EXIT

Aaand.... this is all for the rules.

I will be the host and i will have 2 mayor functions:
MODERATE Remind you the rules and kick people who disrespect them
COORDINATE Using text chat, i will update cops about drivers positions (Also on their request) and i will suggest strategies.

STRATEGY TIPS FOR COPS:

GO IN GROUP - at least 2. This will allow you, if you cross a racer, to have a wider choosing of moves

DON'T PRETEND TO REACH THEM IF THEY ARE FAR - especially if they have extremely fast super cars and/or you are damaged. Take your time, go slowly, pick a place to camp where, or go to pit stop and repair yourself.

ROADBLOCKING IS AN ART:
  1. Don't place yourselves blocking all the road - you might be an ostacle for other cops.
  2. Watch the minimap: If you are behind a racer, take the distance and try to force him to go into a cop car. Also, don't take a corner very fast if you are alone and you see a roadblock just ahead.
  3. Place yourselves only at the last moment: stay on borders, at the end of a long straight way, and keep watching behind you. Prepare to place yourselves only when you see him coming. This will make harder for the speeder to find the right spot
  4. You are alone? Far from the pit lane for repair? You can still be useful as road blocker: place yourself at the end of a corner, on the ideal spot. It could make hard for the racer to see what's going on
YOU LOST THEM, BUT YOU ARE NOT DAMAGED? Then pick a spot, camp there, and get ready to commence pursuit when some speed-head passes near you.

GOING ON WRONG WAY? Yes you can, but while you are moving, is a good idea to not go too fast. Don't disturb your fellow cops.

NOT GOOD IN CHASING? You can still be useful: Use a keyboard, go in spectator mode and help me coordinate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

STRATEGY TIPS FOR RACERS:
I don't know, actually i can say few things: Don't let them surround you, watch ALWAYS the minimap. If noone is near you, maybe this means that everyone is WAITING for you somewhere...

I need help in organizing, this is my first event :) give me some clues

Last edited:
Thanks for being available for help :)
If you wouldn't mind, i would like to start a conv. with you two, and begin to shape this club :D

This seems like a fun thing. I recently had an idea for Pursuit Knockout races. It's a series of races; in the first race everyone races. At the end of each race, the last place finisher is eliminated an becomes a cop for the remaining races.

Why dont we just play need for speed hot pursuit :boggled:
You're right that this is pretty much the same thing, the only difference is GT6 being GT6 with it's realistic physics as well as car selection and tracks. I'd much prefer to do my pursuit knockout idea on NFS Hot Pursuit, but it would be easier to organize something for GT6. Then again, I might attempt organizing on NFS Hot Pursuit anyway.

Back