Hi everyone,
This is my first post on GTPlanet and I am proud to be part of such a thriving community. I have decided to open this thread here because it is easily the most read and posted in and I think that it will be an issue that will interest many GT fans.
Firstly, does anyone here feel that although the series has progressed in many, many ways including Graphics, Physics, Sound etc. The GT series is very slowly spreading itself thin. I mean this in a light way as I love all of the games in the series. But I have a special type of love for the original GT. I will begin with the intros, without doubt the GT1 intro is easily the best, it fills the player with passion, imagination and intrigue about the game. I remember playing when I was younger and pretending that the race was real and that these championships existed in Japan. Do you remember the crowd which were blue, red and white dots! I used to imagine that the races were massive events and that I was a new, up and coming racer. The fictional tracks have such a nostalgic and fun feeling. I know that GT4 is so much more advanced and realistic but it's just not as fun in my opinion. For some reason when I play the original it seems that the races are a lot closer than in the sequels and (dare I say it) more skillful to the driver (or at least it feels like that). I would like to see some interesting debate on this subject and see what others think.
P.S Does anyone not like the Le Mans cars in GT4 for the Gran Turismo World Championship, I love the Japanese special edition cars.
This is my first post on GTPlanet and I am proud to be part of such a thriving community. I have decided to open this thread here because it is easily the most read and posted in and I think that it will be an issue that will interest many GT fans.
Firstly, does anyone here feel that although the series has progressed in many, many ways including Graphics, Physics, Sound etc. The GT series is very slowly spreading itself thin. I mean this in a light way as I love all of the games in the series. But I have a special type of love for the original GT. I will begin with the intros, without doubt the GT1 intro is easily the best, it fills the player with passion, imagination and intrigue about the game. I remember playing when I was younger and pretending that the race was real and that these championships existed in Japan. Do you remember the crowd which were blue, red and white dots! I used to imagine that the races were massive events and that I was a new, up and coming racer. The fictional tracks have such a nostalgic and fun feeling. I know that GT4 is so much more advanced and realistic but it's just not as fun in my opinion. For some reason when I play the original it seems that the races are a lot closer than in the sequels and (dare I say it) more skillful to the driver (or at least it feels like that). I would like to see some interesting debate on this subject and see what others think.
P.S Does anyone not like the Le Mans cars in GT4 for the Gran Turismo World Championship, I love the Japanese special edition cars.