Gran Turismo Prologue Atmosphere versus Gran Turismo 5 Atmosphere

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeoXenzaka
  • 2 comments
  • 1,137 views
Messages
177
Messages
NeoXenzaka
I tried playing prologue recently to compare to Gran Turismo 5.

Something that stood out was that there was a lot more of "pizazz" feeling almost as if PD was giving off a "welcome back" kind of feeling in prologue.

For example, before a race began there was a 3D camera rotating around your car at various points showing your "team" following up on check ups.
 
Prologue has a much more though out GUI than Gran Turismo 5. It's quicker to navigate through and the layout is easy to understand, and it looks very nice.

Plus, with the secret menu, you can do some interesting things in Prologue, like set up races with whichever opponents you want, and even rum the game in kiosk mode, allowing access to all cars in all colors.

I occasionally pop Prologue back in since it feels much more polished than GT5.
 
Hmm... the atmosphere..
Yes, prologue has a classy feeling. I think its a combination of menu arrangement, animation, and that jazzy tunes.

I still love that jazzy song before the race ("flatout" cmiiw). Compare to that pnau song before race on GT5... Finally I import the flatout song to GT5 and somehow it brings back the atmosphere.
 
Back