Gran Turismo PSP Career 1.0: 289 events, tuning and five cut tracks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Memetrix
  • 71 comments
  • 7,390 views
Messages
14
Russian Federation
Russian Federation


GRAN TURISMO PSP CAREER MODE: 289 EVENTS

GT PSP had more than 800 cars and no career. Version 1.0 puts one inside the game, with its own progression and save. The original modes are still there.

02-career-halls.png


What's in it
  • 289 events across nine halls: 125 classic GT4 events and 164 new ones.
  • 74 championships, licence progression, 262 prize cars and 18 endurance events, including the full-length 24-hour races with checkpoints.
  • A parts shop for engine tuning, tyres, suspension and weight reduction. The parts change the car in the race, not just the menu numbers.
  • Ferrari 458 Italia at the dealer and as a prize car.
  • Five cut tracks back in the career: Complex String, Smokey Mountain, Tahiti Dirt, Rome and Hong Kong. All five have been raced on a real PSP.

10-hong-kong.png


06-tuning-shop.png


Get it
Patch finder and install guide | Latest release and full notes | Source code

You need your own clean USA copy of Gran Turismo PSP (UCUS98632). The patch finder checks which of the three USA ISO variants you have and points you to the matching xdelta patch. No game files are distributed. The European version is not supported yet.

Known rough edges: some cut tracks have visual glitches, Rome needs the 333 MHz CPU setting for full speed on a PSP, and a PSP-1000 may need game plugins disabled to free enough memory. I've tested the release on a PSP Go.

If something breaks, post your PSP model or PPSSPP version, event and round here or open an issue.
 
Last edited:
Hopefully this can work on phones. Maybe if this catches on some people will play online with the tuned cars. It would be cool to see lobbies with restrictions like horsepower weight drivetrain and country. To have modern tuning mixed with the classic tracks online would be awesome!
 
It works on iPhone — I tested it. It should work anywhere PPSSPP runs the original GT PSP. The current 1.0 patch and install guide are in the first post.

We'd love to do online racing with tuned cars if there's enough community support to keep servers running. Lobbies with restrictions like power, weight, drivetrain and country are doable; keeping the online service going is the bigger commitment.
 
Last edited:
UPDATE: Gran Turismo PSP Career 1.0 has patches for three clean USA ISO variants. If a patch rejects your copy, use the patch finder to get the right one. Your ISO is checked locally. The European version is not supported yet.
 
Last edited:
Great work @Memetrix I'll probably give this a go at the weekend if I get chance.
 
This looks incredible! I knew GT PSP modding is fairly new, but I didn't think I would see an entire career mode made for it. Wished it would work on the actual consoles, I love playing GT on my Vita during trips.
 
This looks incredible! I knew GT PSP modding is fairly new, but I didn't think I would see an entire career mode made for it. Wished it would work on the actual consoles, I love playing GT on my Vita during trips.

It works on real hardware. I tested 1.0 on my PSP Go, including full races on the restored tracks. Players on Reddit have also reported it working on Vita through Adrenaline.
 
Last edited:
Incredibly amazing!! I'm definitely gonna play it! Please don't add penalties or mechanical damage... or maybe, if you do, please make it optional.
 
Last edited:
While a GT PSP Career mode mod is something I have had on my bucket list since it originally released in 2009, Not having a matching UI with the rest of the original game is a deal-breaker for me, so I will ultimately pass on it. If it all had white text on dark background, I would snap this up in a heartbeat, AI slopped or not.
 
While a GT PSP Career mode mod is something I have had on my bucket list since it originally released in 2009, Not having a matching UI with the rest of the original game is a deal-breaker for me, so I will ultimately pass on it. If it all had white text on dark background, I would snap this up in a heartbeat, AI slopped or not.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. This UI is how I pictured the career, but I get why you'd prefer the original game's look.
 
Thanks, Dave! Let me know how it goes if you get to try it.
Could you add some new cars or, if possible, bring back the wheel customization system from Gran Turismo 3? That would be great! I'm from Brazil and I told my friends, and they couldn't believe it.
 
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. This UI is how I pictured the career, but I get why you'd prefer the original game's look.
Don't get me wrong, clearly a lot of work put into this. Well, nobody else has done it before. It is a great piece of work overall. I just have a habit of "dark moding" everything. Light themes are no good for OLED screens.
 
In testing it and I'm loving it xd
Things like sell cars, challenging AI, the events
If you need help whit the events thumbnails, I can help whit that 🫂
 
It works on real hardware. I tested it on my PSP Go, including full races on the restored tracks. A player on Reddit also tested the beta on a Vita through Adrenaline 6.61 and reported it working.

What settings did you use it's not working on my vita and I'm on 6.61 Adrenaline-7, just stuck on black screen during movie intro.

UMD Mode: M33
Force High Memory: Yes
default clock spd
 
Last edited:
Works great on my modded psvita oled. but couldn't use my old save file. oh well time to replay gtpsp all over again.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260927_132417809.webp
    PXL_20260927_132417809.webp
    190.7 KB · Views: 1
If saves don't transfer, I'll probably use my PSP Go since that's already modded. I have everything golded and all cars on my Vita save, and I really don't want to lose that.
 
Will it work on PPSSPP? I got the game ripped from a super-duper old but well-cared-for UMD from 2011 when I was still bursting with energy. (And the console too!! :lol:)
 
Hey nice work!
I always wanted GT PSP would have a career mode feature, with also car tuning and selling.
Keep it up.
don`t give up.
 
If saves don't transfer, I'll probably use my PSP Go since that's already modded. I have everything golded and all cars on my Vita save, and I really don't want to lose that.
spec II and the original is a seperate game in my PSVITA. so I can switch to whichever version of GTPSP I want to play. wish I have another PSP/PSVITA so at least I could share my car collections.
 
Not to be frustrating but I suggest you ask TheAdmiester for permission since he created the GT4 mod you sourced this from. Wouldn't want this amazing project to be halted.
 
Last edited:
Oh of course not, but I figured raising the discussion would at least let people see it for what it is.
Don't think anyone in here cares sadly. They just see shiny thing for something that they want and don't care how it's made.

Unfortunately unless you & an group pick this up and work it out yourself in a proper manner that isn't just claude hallucination and stealing people are just going to continue playing with this awful thing.
 
May I suggest increasing the FOV of all cameras or give us a way to adjust them in the options. The narrow, zoomed in feeling has always felt so off putting.
 
Don't think anyone in here cares sadly. They just see shiny thing for something that they want and don't care how it's made.

Unfortunately unless you & an group pick this up and work it out yourself in a proper manner that isn't just claude hallucination and stealing people are just going to continue playing with this awful thing.
I think some people do care and others don't.

For me, the objections are when things are made as slop and/or when people are using other people's work and assets without permission. I care less over the matter of if AI was used in general, as not all AI use is automaticslly slop.

When used correctly and as an aide it can be helpful, when it's used to just create stuff you can't be bothered to learn or do yourself it quickly becomes slop.

I hope the OP does what @TheAdmiester has requested in relation to Spec II or they speak with @TheAdmiester directly and obtain permission to use his work. Without that, it doesn't matter if it's slop or not.
 
Back