Gran Turismo PSP Theme IN-THE-WORKS!!! ((CXMB))

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 22 comments

SiNiST3R

(Banned)
Alright, I feel the need for a GT PSP Theme for my PSP. There is a GT theme out already, but I personally have gripes with it, so I decided to use it as a base to build a new theme.

The core of the theme is alright, and will be put to good use, I play to import things as needed.

I have begun the Process by making a new battery Icon, and a Custom Recovery.prx to trick out your recovery menu.

Future plans wil be to:

Import new Icons (Currently its a Text-only theme)

Import a new MemoryStick activity indicator

Import or create a new loading animation

Import or create a new opening/game loading video clip

Import a GT PSP wallpaper set

Other then that, just to clean it all up to run nice and smooth.

The Screenshots are whats current and to help give direction to the theme. They are NOT finalized.

screenshot003.jpg

screenshot007.jpg

screenshot006-1.jpg

screen1-3.jpg

Here is the Modified Recovery Menu I included in the theme. That's right, using this theme will also customize your recovery menu.

snap004-1.jpg

If anybody here is familiar with making CXMB themes and wants to help out, I could use as much help as possible, and other perspectives may just give new direction to the theme making it better.

Sorry this as well as allot of Stuff I do on my PSP requires CFW.

Also Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome

Last edited:
Consolespot.net has worked well for me to find themes, and they have several topics to help make one. As for suggestions, Here's a few:

1. For XMB sound effects, recording and converting the GTPSP menu and sound effects might be a good idea.

2. For wallpaper, find some good quality shots. Why not use or make a few custom ones with the debug cam?

3. It's always the small touches that make a good theme. Try to get a feel for the GTPSP interface, and you can come up with some good ideas. Also, don't limit yourself with GTPSP itself for ideas.

Consolespot.net has worked well for me to find themes, and they have several topics to help make one. As for suggestions, Here's a few:

1. For XMB sound effects, recording and converting the GTPSP menu and sound effects might be a good idea.

2. For wallpaper, find some good quality shots. Why not use or make a few custom ones with the debug cam?

3. It's always the small touches that make a good theme. Try to get a feel for the GTPSP interface, and you can come up with some good ideas. Also, don't limit yourself with GTPSP itself for ideas.

Yeah Consolespot is nice, I find allot of good stuff there & plenty of good "How To's"

I would use some buffer shots from GT PSP but unfortunately they are not high res enough for use as a wallpaper, so I sourced the Black ZR1 in game shot to use. I like it.

I will include a wallpaper pack when the theme is complete that should include some buffer shots just in case people want to use them.

Your right the small things make it, as it is there are a few things I want to touch up.

My main concern in the opening video (opening_pluggin.rco) I hve one but it says GT5 Prologue, I want to customize it to flash a GT PSP logo.

However my issue is Vista compatibility. The apps I used to use to make opening pluggins doesn't work on Vista.

Everything else I should have a handle on.

great idea!
my imput is to leave the background changeable.
i have my own image from this site that i use as my wallpaper which is from GT4 and i reckon it looks loads better than the standard wallpaper you get with GTPSP
other than that great work sinister

great idea!
my imput is to leave the background changeable.
i have my own image from this site that i use as my wallpaper which is from GT4 and i reckon it looks loads better than the standard wallpaper you get with GTPSP
other than that great work sinister

Thanks!

Backgrounds are always changeable. Im going to include a folder full of suggested wallpapers, but in the end people are always welcome to use what they want.

I will take entries for the wallpaper pack, so If you want to include your own, Just post it up here, and Ill include the best ones in the pack.

Thanks!

Backgrounds are always changeable. Im going to include a folder full of suggested wallpapers, but in the end people are always welcome to use what they want.

I will take entries for the wallpaper pack, so If you want to include your own, Just post it up here, and Ill include the best ones in the pack.
Why would I pass on this opportunity?:dopey:
snap005r.png

Why would I pass on this opportunity?:dopey:
snap005r.png

Dude, you didn't even have to post that one, shes already in the pack ;)

This is the All Time Champion GTPSP Screenshot. BEST I've ever seen!!!

Here is a Preview I still need to add Icons, and maybe adjust the text

screenshot0052.jpg

will you release a flash0: version? i hate CXMB personally

You can always extract the flash files from the CTF if you hate CXMB so much. You can do this for any theme BTW, no need to ask ;) .

You hate getting multiple themes without the need to flash? Not having to worry about conflicts semi bricking your PSP is a bad thing for you? Okay, I hate Air Bags, and seat belts. lol Just Joshing Yah, but kinda serious. Seems like "Hate" is a strong word for something that only helps you. :crazy:

Do you mind me asking WHY you hate CXMB so much? That's like a Lumber Jack saying he hates Chain Saw's and would prefer his AXE, so I'm curious.

Does this mean without CFW I can't use your theme? :nervous:

Unfortunately, You can use a pluggin to use the theme, or you can go old school and flash the theme files into your Flash0, BUT this all requires CFW.

Sorry Bro.

UPDATE:

I added some additional Pics.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, You can use a pluggin to use the theme, or you can go old school and flash the theme files into your Flash0, BUT this all requires CFW.

Sorry Bro.

UPDATE:

I added some additional Pics.

Well that sucks. Still, good luck with the theme 👍.

You can always extract the flash files from the CTF if you hate CXMB so much. You can do this for any theme BTW, no need to ask ;) .

You hate getting multiple themes without the need to flash? Not having to worry about conflicts semi bricking your PSP is a bad thing for you? Okay, I hate Air Bags, and seat belts. lol Just Joshing Yah, but kinda serious. Seems like "Hate" is a strong word for something that only helps you. :crazy:

Do you mind me asking WHY you hate CXMB so much? That's like a Lumber Jack saying he hates Chain Saw's and would prefer his AXE, so I'm curious.

CXMB was a great tool for theme production back when it was just a dump of /vsh/ on your memory stick, but since CTF files its only use for me is now gone.... But I dont like it because I have SEVERAL memory sticks, and I dont like the idea of putting cxmb on all of them and breaks a few of my other 'plugins' i have flashed

I asked because usually i get a corrupt VSHMAIN.prx usually during extraction.

CXMB was a great tool for theme production back when it was just a dump of /vsh/ on your memory stick, but since CTF files its only use for me is now gone.... But I dont like it because I have SEVERAL memory sticks, and I dont like the idea of putting cxmb on all of them and breaks a few of my other 'plugins' i have flashed

I asked because usually i get a corrupt VSHMAIN.prx usually during extraction.
'

Your not doing the extraction right. I edit all CTF's through extractions. OR you just haven't done it in a LONG time, current apps are ALLOT more stable then previous editions.

I can see what you mean by having multiple memorysticks, however CXMB is so small, I cant see that as a big deal, and so long as the pluggin is enabled it stays that way on each memory stick, so switching memorysticks doesn't make a difference, and should go unnoticed.

What other pluggin doesn't work with CXMB? It Must of been a LONG time ago that you experienced the issue, Ive done homebrew compatibility Testing for GEN D2, And went through ALLOT of homebrew and pluggins I haven't found any issue related to or caused by CXMB.

To each his own I guess, some people don't like Red, some people do.

Have you given any thought to what you'd like the icons to be?

You could use different cars, but it might be hard to make it all look unified.

Another thought I had was to use some of the icons in the GT PSP game already.

The menu icons could be used:

gran-turismo-psp-menus-264_003.jpg

Or you could try using these course outlines:

gran-turismo-psp-menus-264_017.jpg

Have you given any thought to what you'd like the icons to be?

You could use different cars, but it might be hard to make it all look unified.

Another thought I had was to use some of the icons in the GT PSP game already.

The menu icons could be used

Or you could try using these course outlines:

Thanks for the good ideas. The main GT PSP menu unfortunately doesn't have the icons were going to need.

Memory Stick, Save data utility, Camera PSN etc, mostly the category icons as the bottom launch bar will be the main XMB categories.

I'm also not that good at generating icons, but I can convert icons to be used.

I've got an idea. It's based on the GTPSP main menu. Tricky to explain, but I'll try my best. Basically, it's a bottom-row type theme, but the icons look and bounce like the main menu icons. There's a small gap below them, where sub-categories are shown like the information ticker in GTPSP. And the battery icon can resemble the save-game icon, with battery charge indicated with traditional bars, or different colors in the ring, for example, green, yellow, red, and white. Date and time can mimic the credit and calendar icons and text, and highlights and volume can look like the pull-down menus and sliders.

Honestly, I know it's a lot of ideas in a post, but they just kept coming as I typed! Now i wish I knew how to make themes...

Sorry, Ive put this aside while taking part in the HS Ring races, I promise to get some more work in over the weekend.

Last edited:
Back