Gran Turismo PSP User music help needed

• Thread starter JRRacing64
  • 19 comments
This has been really driving me nuts. I can't get my MP3's to work with GT psp. I completed the driving challenges required to play custom music in the game. I've tried to put the MP3's into the "GTPSP" folder, That didn't work. I've tried changing the Bit-Rate and Sample-Rate's to what is said in the manual and I still haven't gotten the game to recognize them. They work in the XMB so I know they work and the firmware is up to date...

I don't know if I'm missing something or if this is a common issue. If anyone can help It would be greatly appreciated.

Strange. I've never encountered anyone with that problem. Unless, you have the pirated version of the game. Then you deserve it!

That's what I did when I wanted my music:
1-Connect your PSP via USB cable to your computer.
2-Drag all music you want from PC to PSP folder named MUSIC.
3-Wait for music files to move to your PSP.
4-Disconnect PSP from PC.
5-Turn on GTPSP.
6-You MUST complete Driving Challenges through C level to be able to listen to custom playlists!
7-If step 6 is already done, go to Settings/Options.
8-In tab Audio you must set Music to something like PSP Music folder.
9-It only works during the race itself, but not during menu.

Hopefully, that helped. But, again, if you have pirated version of the game - you ain't deserving to listen to it anyway...

Strange. I've never encountered anyone with that problem. Unless, you have the pirated version of the game. Then you deserve it!

That's what I did when I wanted my music:
1-Connect your PSP via USB cable to your computer.
2-Drag all music you want from PC to PSP folder named MUSIC.
3-Wait for music files to move to your PSP.
4-Disconnect PSP from PC.
5-Turn on GTPSP.
6-You MUST complete Driving Challenges through C level to be able to listen to custom playlists!
7-If step 6 is already done, go to Settings/Options.
8-In tab Audio you must set Music to something like PSP Music folder.
9-It only works during the race itself, but not during menu.

Hopefully, that helped. But, again, if you have pirated version of the game - you ain't deserving to listen to it anyway...

It is a legit copy. I play it from the UMD and my PSP has no hacks, I only bought it a few days ago. I have all the driving challenges completed now and have the correct user folder selected in the audio menu. I've also tried it in them Music folder as well with no luck and I did try it in the race and nothing played.

It's just really strange that it's been difficult to get the MP3s to work with it, lol...

Thanks for the response though! :)

Navigate throught the options of the game,there is an option of "reading folder",which determinates from where the music can be heard,either /Music folder or music/gtpsp folder,might be that,if is not that then you have to complete the first driving tests,and if is not that either then is the encoding of the MP3 files,which must be in 44.100 bitrate and 128 kbs,can be check in details of the MP3 file in the PSP's XMB

My mp3s arent at 128kbps at all, not a single mp3 in my collection is

What about your memory stick, is it official or some fake china knockoff, those knockoffs give serious issues randomly.

My mp3s arent at 128kbps at all, not a single mp3 in my collection is

What about your memory stick, is it official or some fake china knockoff, those knockoffs give serious issues randomly.

Really? Do you know what the sample rate is for yours?

The card is the official one. 1 gig.

Sample rate should be 44.1 (as you recommended), I would figure it would play 48khz but I haven't tried. My average bitrate is usually 320kbps on mp3.

As for your problem its strange.

Does the music play when you're not playing GTPSP? Does it play in other games?

The music does play in the XMB menu, Just not in GT PSP. I only have one other games I have is GTA China Town Wars and I don't think that has a custom sound track feature.

Last edited:
There are no matches for that in the search...

Ooops my bad ! I forgot that this kind of link wouldn't work ! Sorry ! So I just copy-pasted the link that you could thanks to the search engine :

HOW TO: Use your own music as BGM in GT for PSP
BGM User Music
How do you unlock in game music?
Need help with custom music.
Whats wrong with the custom music?

Then, by searching through the engine, you can find this related thread that might be interesting to add a comment to... :

What music do you listen with the custom music option?
What songs are in your BGM collection?
Do you race with the music on?

So I didn't check all the threads but I hope you'd find some help there...

:gtpflag:

Ooops my bad ! I forgot that this kind of link wouldn't work ! Sorry ! So I just copy-pasted the link that you could thanks to the search engine :

HOW TO: Use your own music as BGM in GT for PSP
BGM User Music
How do you unlock in game music?
Need help with custom music.
Whats wrong with the custom music?

Then, by searching through the engine, you can find this related thread that might be interesting to add a comment to... :

What music do you listen with the custom music option?
What songs are in your BGM collection?
Do you race with the music on?

So I didn't check all the threads but I hope you'd find some help there...

:gtpflag:

Just got it working! Apparently the "music" folder can't be in the "PSP" folder but in the Root folder. Sorry about starting the thread. I didn't see any pages for the GTPSP section so I assumed the question wasn't asked here before.

But thank you very much for the links anyway!

Great news !!! You found a solution 👍 !

Don't worry about the thread, it is just that sometimes some of us already have answered about a -quite- similar question and just don't want to explain it again or you might have answers that have already been tested and we know for sure they're not the best or even don't work... So you might think that here you can't find the right answer to your problem whereas there was one... (and you might even point out the fact that you actually didn't use the search engine, very usefull tool...)

However, if even after having used the search engine, you still can't find a solution in the older threads and your problem is a little bit more specific, I encourage you to post a message in one of the thread that has the most related answers before opening your own thread. And when you do so, please remember to give us as much details as you can so that we can help you ASAP (as you can see we needed more details about your problem).
And if you can add that you read the old threads but can't find a solution because your problem isn't what you can find there, that would be even better ! ;)

Now, to have a very usefull thread that can help people, you could also write in a last post here what was your problem in details and the solution you found ;) !

Have an excellent day !

:cheers:

Back