Gran Turismo Server Locations

Portugal
Lisbon
Oinsert_coinO
Hello community đź‘‹
Does anyone know where exactly are located the Gran Turismo servers in Europe when we go online racing (either in Sport mode or regular public lobbies)? You know if there is at least one server in each country (somewhere)?
I always wondered this and i can't seem to find a straight answer when i google this.

Thank you đź‘Ť

Hello community đź‘‹
Does anyone know where exactly are located the Gran Turismo servers in Europe when we go online racing (either in Sport mode or regular public lobbies)? You know if there is at least one server in each country (somewhere)?
I always wondered this and i can't seem to find a straight answer when i google this.

Thank you đź‘Ť
They're in Amsterdam, although there are no servers per se in regular public lobbies.

The others are in Sydney, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and Virginia.

They're in Amsterdam, although there are no servers per se in regular public lobbies.

The others are in Sydney, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and Virginia.
Hello,
Thank you for your reply

So the locations you've mentioned are only for the GT "Official" races in Sport Mode correct?
So what about the public lobbies? How are the servers managed?
For instance, if open up a regular lobbie in my country (Portugal) does my IP address becomes an actual "server"?

So what about the public lobbies? How are the servers managed?
For instance, if open up a regular lobbie in my country (Portugal) does my IP address becomes an actual "server"?
In essence... yes-ish. Public lobbies operate on a peer-to-peer network, so in effect each console is both server and client during the races.

In fact Daily Races also do this, but in a slightly different way and segregated by console.

In essence... yes-ish. Public lobbies operate on a peer-to-peer network, so in effect each console is both server and client during the races.

In fact Daily Races also do this, but in a slightly different way and segregated by console.
Oh Daily races too? I was thinking that they were part of Sport Mode and therefore used the Amsterdam server that you've mentioned.
But yeah, regarding the public lobbies my line of thought was going in that direction

Back