Gran Turismo Sport Pit Strategy Calculator [v1.13]

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Whitetail, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

Greetings,

Over the past year, I have been developing a device to make formulating a pit strategy for online racing series and leagues a quick and easy process. This is primarily a result of my own laziness of not wanting to calculate everything manually, but I feel that many members of this community will find it useful as well. I have taken great care to ensure everything is parameterized correctly and difficult to break, so I am excited to share it with you all.

FOLLOW THIS THREAD IF YOU WISH TO BE NOTIFIED OF UPDATES

There is a user guide included in the download file, but for convenience, I have added it as a Google Doc below for easy access. Please take the time to read through this as there is some really important information that may impact your experience as a user. Included in the download is an Excel (.xlsm) file containing the calculator, and the aforementioned user guide in .pdf format.

I hope you all find this to be useful in your racing endeavors. I can attest that it has made my life easier when planning for online events.

Happy racing!
    -Whitetail (GTP_Bambi)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  2. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

The calculator and user guide have been updated to v1.11! The links in the first post have been updated to reflect the latest version.

Notable changes:
    • Automatic calculations enabled
    • Added a macro to create an image that users can copy and share
    • Various other improvements and fixes

barak181, Qyn, Cobani and 7 others like this.
  3. EDK

EDK Moderator

Nice one, I gave this a sticky.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2019
    Qyn, SmokeyMR2, GTP_Dutchy and 4 others like this.
  4. Jw_wk1010

Jw_wk1010

Now the secrets out !!!!!

Qyn, RotaryRiot and Phlano099 like this.
  5. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

great job! Obviously i've dived straight in to have a play without reading the user guide first.. i know :crazy:

Qyn and Whitetail like this.
  6. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

[​IMG]

ryzno, barak181, Granadier and 8 others like this.
  7. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

The calculator and user guide have been updated to v1.12! The links in the first post have been updated to reflect the latest version.

Notable changes:
    • Maximum number of laps for an event can now exceed 200
    • Updated visuals to provide a fresh user experience

8. geeTeye

geeTeye

Thanks @Whitetail

Whitetail likes this.
  9. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

A fundamental error has been identified and I am currently developing a fix to be implemented with the next update. In the meantime, the widget will not accurately calculate fuel numbers for races that begin with less than 100% of fuel in the fuel cell. If your event starts with 100% fuel, the spreadsheet will still work as intended.

A new update will hopefully be made available before tomorrow night's online events. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

-Whitetail (GTP_Bambi)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    DesertPenguin likes this.
  10. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

The calculator and user guide have been updated to v1.13! The links in the first post have been updated to reflect the latest version.

Notable changes:
    • Fixed an issue wherein fuel calculations for races that start with less than 100% of fuel would not be accurate
    • Fixed an issue where pit time calculations would not show when fuel was not a factor
    • Updated visuals to provide a fresh user experience
    This update includes some important fixes with the program so I highly recommend that everyone updates their calculator and re-familiarizes themselves with the user guide. As always, please feel free to message me if there are any questions about the calculator's functionality.

DerDoc, Mini Stiggy and geeTeye like this.
  11. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

I downloaded your Pit Strategy Calculator (V1.13) and find it useful. Thank you.

Whitetail likes this.