Gran Turismo Sport Review - Ruined by Rallying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Doomotron
  • 12 comments
  • 3,709 views
Messages
1,321
United Kingdom
England
Messages
Doomotron
This is my review of Gran Turismo's latest game, Sport. This review will not cover Sport Mode.

1: Cars:
Some people don't like the car list because of the amount of race cars. However, being someone who wants more race cars, I am perfectly happy with the car list, apart from a few things. 1: Some cars aren't suitable for what they were tuned to be. For example, the GTR and NSX rally cars make no sense and 2: There are cars missing, like the Cayman road car.

2: Tracks:
The track list is poor, and was artificially made bigger with alternative and reverse variations of the same tracks. Also, Willow Springs and Bathhurst are horrible. Whoever thought of including them in Gran Turismo 6 was out of their mind. They are horrible. Also, the rally tracks are simply badly designed. Plus, even though Le Mans is a Scapes location, it is not on the game.

3-1: Driving School:
I liked the Driving School, but getting gold was way too easy.

3-2: Mission Challenge:
A terrible recreation of Driving Missions. Simply not worth my time.

3-3: Circuit Experience:
This is my favourite game mode in the Campaign, as it is actually useful. However, I was enjoying it until I tried the rally tracks. There is no grip on rally tracks. None. You are actually driving on ice. Corners that could be done in the WRC games or even GT3 cannot be done here.

3-4: GT League:
The reason I bought the game was because of GT League's announcement. However, at no point did I willingly play it, but I did play it a bit, and I had many issues with it. First, the AI is stupid. They drive into you like your not there. Secondly, the races and championships are too long. For example, the Sunday Cup is five races long.

4: Verdict:
Gran Turismo Sport's motto is Driving Is For Everyone. It isn't really. Driving on GTS is for people who are good at everything, not just normal racing. The inclusion of rallying in GTS ruins the game. If they had done it well or removed it completely, the game would have been good.

Rating: 4/10
 
Do you want to hear the truth?

Do you know the story of the game The Last Guardian?

Fumito Ueda wanted to take a step large than the legs. He wanted a game technologically impossible for the PS3, at the time.

Well. It's like GTS. Kaz wanted to take a step large than her legs. He wanted to deploy technologies that the PS4 does not support.

But Kaz was smart and launched a game with experimental game.

It is a remarkably incomplete and limited game. The big game of the Gran Turismo franchise will be the PS5. Unfortunately.

Until then we will have to contact us with this beta or demo game.
 
You have Metacritic (for example), to leave your review.

Or even the official review thread of GT Planet.
 
What's the problem of Rallying being in GTS?

I don't like it too, simply don't play it, period. Apart from Circuit Experience and a handful of Challenges, you really don't need to do rally.
Thinking on that, the game is ruined for me just because of Honda VGT and its dumb physics being in the game. And I had to use it in a driving lesson!

Some players really don't care about editing liveries or scapes, is the game ruined for them too?
 
Some players really don't care about editing liveries or scapes, is the game ruined for them too?
It's not that I don't care about rallying... I quite enjoy rallying, but in the game the physics are horrible for rallying.
 
If only we got one of these from everyone who has played the whole game.
 
Bathhurst is one of my favorite tracks.

You list quite a few negatives but mention nothing about physics, or tire model which I find quite boring.

Beyond that, the game is growing on me.
I enjoy the leveling system, UI, livery editor, scapes and of course graphics.

I think 4/10 is quite rough and not many will take that seriously.
 
Not adding sport mode in a review about a game concentrating on sport mode is not my cup of tea.

Furthermore I liked especially the Porsche GT3 RS with sport hard tyres on Brathurst !
 
Am I the only one that keeps forgetting that rallying exists in this game?

First, the AI is stupid. They drive into you like your not there.
They are just trying to prepare you for your first foray into Sport mode.

In all seriousness, it's no worse than any other GT game's AI has been. This time though, I think it legitimately serves a useful purpose. That said, I would much rather have a consistently competent AI instead of one that only wakes up from their mid-race nap when I pass them. It might be a tad less immersion breaking.
 
This review is dumb. you gave it a 4/10 really???

My review:
1. The driving school was easy, but who cares, its driving school.
2. Rally sucks in this game (agreed).
3. The missions were really fun when not done immediately after driving school.
4. Circuit experience should have been in every GT game ever.
5. GT league is a result of people getting what they asked for (turns out, they actually did not want it, just nostalgic)
6. Scapes= a great way to revel in your awesome livery you just made
7. Lobbies are awesome for custom racing if you dont want what sport mode offers
8. SPORT MODE. I have never felt so immersed in a racing game. This has made AI racing unbearable. I am hooked and cannot get enough.

Result
8.5/10
Best racing game I've ever played
 
I'm loving GTS. Yeah its incomplete, yeah its got lots of redundant cars, yeah its missing iconic tracks but...

Its the best online racing sim out there right now. I come from iRacing and i grew to hate how SR works over there. Its a bit fairer here, plus the cars are more fun to drive.

The driving model in GTS is fun. Easy to learn, hard to master. Had so many great races in Sport mode (as well as some terrible shuntings too but oh well!).

If you dont like online racing i can see how this game would look pretty barebones.
 
The Rally tracks are one of the best parts of the game! :confused: Even on DS4 I find them fun to race on. The physics are fine on Rally once you get used to the loose gravel grip. They seem to start most cars on Traction of 1 or 2 but as you drive along press D-pad right and up that to Max 4 or 5 traction or what you feel stops the sliding.

I am really enjoying GT Sport so far, on and offline :cheers:
 
Back