Gran Turismo Sport - Scapes Compendium thread and Scapes from Publicity Events

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 74 comments
England
Reading
cutback73
cutback73
I previously asked @SlipZtrEm whether it would be ok to have a new thread for this, bearing in mind there is already an excellent thread begun by @zzz_pt - make sure to check that other thread out.

If Slip wishes to merge this into the other thread at any point, please feel free.

So, I am going to attach to this thread the photos I made of the scapes on show during the Community Event in London last week as I hope a few people might like to see these.

Apologies in general for any poor framing of these pictures, I did my best :P

I should say, that the photos of the wall photos of the scapes were taken on an iPhone 4 so not the best quality. The photos of the presentation were taken on my handheld camera. However, the photos as seen were much better and crisper and absolutely stunning to look at.

There were the scapes displayed during the Friday presentation, of which I have photos of most, recorded off-screen.

But there were also scapes on the walls of the corridor as you walked into the event. Initially this corridor was lit by blue light which made photos of the scapes rather difficult, for someone of my limited photography skills. The lighting looked cool and walking along the corridor with the lighting and the scapes on the walls was a really impressive introduction to the event. Great idea. 👍 to whoever thought of that one.

In this first post, I am going to attach the photos I took of the scapes which were positioned on the walls of the corridor. The first photo is, to be frank, the only decent photo that I captured while the blue light was in use. I can attach the other blue photos to a later post, but you won't be missing much till then... You do hopefully get something of an idea of how cool the corridor looked just by looking at this photo of the Nissan GTR in a Las Vegas car park scape:

IMG_3168.JPG

At the end of the event, the blue lighting was removed and, as we left, there was an opportunity to take photos of the wall photos of the scapes in natural light. Here we have the Mazda MX5 at Monument Valley:

IMG_3243.JPG

Followed by the now familiar trio of cars at Petronas Towers:

IMG_3244.JPG

Next up, the Alpine VGT car at Mount Cook (South Island):

IMG_3245.JPG

And now, the Audi in a Tokyo docks scape:

IMG_3246.JPG

Next up, back to Monument Valley for the Evo:

IMG_3247.JPG

And, the Jaguar F Type at Eifel on a misty morning:

IMG_3248.JPG

The MX5 again at Ponte Umberto I in Rome:

IMG_3249.JPG

And finally, we return full circle to the Nissan GTR 2017 in the Las Vegas car park scape (minus the blue lighting):

IMG_3250.JPG

Next up will be my offscreen photos of the scapes shown during the Friday presentation. These will be added to the post below tomorrow night as it is late here in the UK. Please can the mods keep the post below in situe until then, thanks.

Please feel free to comment below on the scapes shown above (and the scapes below in due course), but remember this is not the actual quality of the scapes, the photos shown here are of a significantly lower quality and definition and do not represent what will be available in the game. There are plenty of hi definition photos available to view after the official unveiling on Thursday of last week.

For me, my favourite scape so far has to be one of the Monument Valley scapes largely because I have been to that very spot in 2012:

IMG_2436.JPG

Though we were not travelling in a Mazda MX5, we were travelling in style in a Buick :P (ok it was an SUV :embarrassed:)

Thanks for viewing these pictures and thanks to all who arranged the Community Event last week and to PD and Sony for allowing us to enjoy the game at this current stage of development. Can't wait to get at the scapes for real when the game is released. 👍

Which of the scapes above, or which you have seen elsewhere, is your favourite so far?

And which locations and scapes do you hope to see included in the final game? With over 1,000 planned for inclusion, there is a good chance you might see it on release!

Last edited:
For this second post of Scapes from the Community Event in London, here you'll find my photos of the scapes shown during the Friday presentation. This presentation by Kazunori was a rerun of the presentation to the press on the previous day, so you have probably seen these pictures before in super duper high definition. Well, here they are in "my camera" definition.

Pictures were taken off screen during the presentation, so the quality of the pictures in the presentation will have been higher than what you see here. Basically, they were ****ing gorgeous :lol:

So, to start, let's enter a new era of photography:

SAM_0305.JPG

At locations like Monument Valley...

SAM_0306.JPG

Or England in cars like the VW Golf:

SAM_0308.JPG

Or maybe go somewhere nice in the Mazda Roadster S (ND) 2015 (Not to be confused with any of the 500 Roadsters seen in previous versions of Gran Turismo :lol:)

SAM_0309.JPG

Or, do you fancy letting your hair down in Las Vegas in something German (nooo... not Claudia Schiffer). Vorsprung Durch Technik in an Audit TT S Coupe maybe, or something a bit sharper like a Mercedes AMG GT S 2014?

SAM_0310.JPG

And if you like the look of that bonnet (US translation = hood :lol:), why not zoom it up for a closer look...

SAM_0312.JPG

And if you want something German in Italy, why not take a BMW M4 Coupe to Firenze (Florence)?

SAM_0313.JPG

If you don't like the look of Florence, you can always change the settings and blur it out ... :lol:

SAM_0314.JPG

Moving on to something a bit more racy... How about a shot of the Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) 2015 at the Nurburgring?

SAM_0315.JPG

Or a shot in the dark (RIP Burt Kwouk)...

SAM_0316.JPG

It was snowy in Tokyo in January 2016 - How do I know that? Because Kaz said so when he showed this photo of the LaFerrari...

SAM_0317.JPG

Is gaming the new modern art? Why not travel to the Guggenheim Museum in the Mazda Roadster to find out...?

SAM_0318.JPG

Think the Mazda LM 55 Vision Gran Turismo won't look good in the desert? Why not take it to Arizona then to find out?

SAM_0319.JPG

Japanese fans of Gran Turismo might want to stay at home in the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo...? (I've driven a Bugatti, rather poorly and only in the virtual world, but you haven't :sly:)

SAM_0320.JPG

Surely, that's the lot you say. Not if you want to take the Lexus RC-F to the Nurburgring area it isn't. Those of you watching the "Cars and Tracks" thread being maintained by @Samus may find this scape somewhat familiar...

SAM_0321.JPG

Now, its back to Monument Valley, and we're in that Mazda Roadster again. Remember to wear sunscreen in that open top car... :lol:

SAM_0322.JPG

No need for sun screen if you're taking a scape in the dark at the Tokyo docks in the Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) from 2011...

SAM_0323.JPG

But then, with over 1,000 photo spots to choose from at release, you can travel the world with Scapes in Gran Turismo Sport...

SAM_0324.JPG

And that concludes Friday's Scapes presentation at the Community Event.

There were one or two additional scapes not shown in the presentation which were hanging on the wall at the event, including the Louvre (blue light meaning the photo didn't take well)...

IMG_3170.JPG

By my reckoning, if we start with a total of 1,000 Scapes as an estimate (based on what we know to be the minimum), that means we have photos of 21 Scapes above... And 979 Scapes left to go... :lol:

Last edited:
A lot of people agree that GT has fallen behind the curve in some aspects of their games, whether that be sound or physics. One thing remains however; PD always do incredible Photomodes above and beyond any other competitor, and scapes looks like it is no exception to this. The feature looks incredible!

Cleaned up some shots from the menu video:

All in 1080p (click to open Flickr, then use the download arrow to view the Original Size)

Beautiful! I like to see a tropical scape. :) I don't think GT ever had one before.

Oh yeah, also like the area you're in as well! :D

No tropical scapes seen so far, not that I have seen. But I can imagine some exotic locations as yet unseen. Unless Las Vegas is considered tropical :lol:

Ok, I'm keeping a count of the scapes we've seen. I have 21 scapes in my two posts above. You have a further 5 above, and there are 5 in the other thread so far (the one being run by @zzz_pt (the Mazda at the Guggenheim museum above being a duplicate of my photo in the second post). You can see the difference in the quality between my camera photos and the actual scapes in that Guggenheim photo alone!

So that makes a total of 31 scapes we have seen on here so far...

Last edited:
But then, with over 1,000 photo spots to choose from at release, you can travel the world with Scapes in Gran Turismo Sport...

sam_0324-jpg.549729

By my reckoning, if we start with a total of 1,000 Scapes as an estimate (based on what we know to be the minimum), that means we have photos of 21 Scapes above... And 979 Scapes left to go... :lol:

I'd be cautious expecting 1,000 actual Scapes rather than camera positions/spots (as it seems they are fixed/limited) and since they have branded the feature clearly as Scapes, it's surprising the presentation didn't simply say "Over 1,000 Scapes". The website words it "over 1000 locations of "Scapes" stages" which sounds more like 1,000+ individual Scapes but could still be interpreted either way (and probably wasn't written by PD). GT marketing does have a history of inflating numbers...

Either way this is a nice change from GT6's lackluster photo travel.

Small correction: I don't believe that GT-R in the OP is a 2017 model.

The only GTR shown so far is the 2017 model, as driven at the event (confirmed as such on the car and track list). If it wasn't the 2017 model that would be another car to add to the list, can someone check and confirm for verification purposes @Samus but I'm 99% sure it's the same 2017 model shown in the photo on the Car and Track master list.

The only GTR shown so far is the 2017 model, as driven at the event (confirmed as such on the car and track list). If it wasn't the 2017 model that would be another car to add to the list, can someone check and confirm for verification purposes @Samus but I'm 99% sure it's the same 2017 model shown in the photo on the Car and Track master list.

I can confirm it's the '12, the LED shows it.

Edit: And the wheels too

Has these screenshots been uploaded? Taken from the Japanese presentation livestream.

Looks just like GT6.

EDIT: Oh shoot, are the images compressed?
Just a heads up. ;)

@sirjim73 I was going to set up a new thread for all known scapes so far that have been found but looks like you beat me to it :cheers:, I have gone through the new recent trailers released and screenshots available and added them all full size to my gallery (GTP Album) I think there maybe a couple that are not in this thread looking through the above..I will add more as I find them but it would be great to add new ones all the time -so if any one has any new Scapes they found post them in here and I will add to my gallery this thread. View media item 20675:cheers:👍 Click for gallery/album ^^^^

Edit: Looking again at these videos there are so many I haven't got that are full size, so If anyone has any links to any more that are full size let me know :)

@MeanElf
They managed to get mt.fuji in another driving game 👍
2016-06-15_125121.jpg

updated from other thread
The AMG safety car is cool as is the Alfa& Sti.

Gallery ^^ updated
scapes58-jpg.559109
scapes62-jpg.559110
scapes64-jpg.559111
scapes65-jpg.559113
scapes70-jpg.559114
scapes71-jpg.559115
scapes73-jpg.559117
scapes74-jpg.559118
scapes75-jpg.559119

Last edited:
@sirjim73 I was going to set up a new thread for all known scapes so far that have been found but looks like you beat me to it :cheers:, I have gone through the new recent trailers released and screenshots available and added them all full size to my gallery (GTP Album) I think there maybe a couple that are not in this thread looking through the above..I will add more as I find them but it would be great to add new ones all the time -so if any one has any new Scapes they found post them in here and I will add to my gallery this thread. View media item 20675:cheers:👍 Click for gallery/album ^^^^

Edit: Looking again at these videos there are so many I haven't got that are full size, so If anyone has any links to any more that are full size let me know :)

@MeanElf
They managed to get mt.fuji in another driving game 👍
View attachment 558971

Nice work @torque99 and a good gallery of Scapes you have set up 👍 A few of the early ones are duplicates of scapes seen before (in one or two cases seen on the wall at the Copper Box :P) but scrolling through your gallery gave me an even bigger impression of how massive this scapes element is going to be.

I had my doubts initially about whether there really would be 1,000 photos available or whether it would be just 1,000 points within a smaller number of photos. However, that doubt is, personally, being washed away by all the Scapes that have been put out there already by Polyphony. There do seem to be multiple scapes in a single location, but I don't class that as being "duplication" unless it is a photo of the same view. As an analogy of this, the Houses of Parliament include Big Ben and the Houses. If you take a photo of the Houses and a photo of Big Ben these are in the same location but are different photos and would be different Scapes in my view.

PS I have amended the thread title to be more relevant to the contents of this thread now that things have moved on from the Community Event in London. :cheers:

It's very hard to believe that these are images from a video game, rather than developer shots. Or real life. These are stunning.

In GT7, I hope Scapes return, though with a few more movement options. Or a mix of Scapes and the usual style Photo Mode locations.

Is it really hard to believe when most of the photo is real life? The car and lighting are obviously great as well but we already knew that so to me it's not particularly surprising they look so realistic, albeit of course it's very impressive tech.

Mind you, wouldn't look so good with your desired standard cars....

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back