Gran Turismo Sport Wins the 2018 TIGA Award for Best Audio Design

It won against Hellblade? :eek:

Also,this is weird,why Polyphony gets to be represented as the GTSport dev but other developers from sony exclusives don't get the same privilege?I know its a nitpick but it's just weird.Sony Santa Monica developed God of War and Quantic Dream(which isn't even owned by Sony) developed Detroit
  • Polyphony Digital Inc – Gran Turismo Sport
  • Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe – Detroit: Become Human
  • Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe – God of War

It won against Hellblade? :eek:

Also,this is weird,why Polyphony gets to be represented as the GTSport dev but other developers from sony exclusives don't get the same privilege?I know its a nitpick but it's just weird.Sony Santa Monica developed God of War and Quantic Dream(which isn't even owned by Sony) developed Detroit
  • Polyphony Digital Inc – Gran Turismo Sport
  • Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe – Detroit: Become Human
  • Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe – God of War

It might be based on which team submitted the game for consideration? Not too sure.

Yeah, I was shocked it beat out Hellblade too. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through that game, but wow — if ever there was a title that demanded headphones, it's that!

GT Sport's audio is without a doubt the best in the franchise, and the team is always working to further refine it. I'm sure Mike and the rest of the sound team are happy to get the recognition they deserve. 👍

It might be based on which team submitted the game for consideration? Not too sure.

Yeah, I was shocked it beat out Hellblade too. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through that game, but wow — if ever there was a title that demanded headphones, it's that!

GT Sport's audio is without a doubt the best in the franchise, and the team is always working to further refine it. I'm sure Mike and the rest of the sound team are happy to get the recognition they deserve. 👍

Yeah considering GT Sport audio department as a collective(not only car sounds) it's excellent,but that's not new,every GT has excellent audio department not considering the cars.This is a good award because it makes you reconsider what you know about a game i came into this thread thinking only about a Mustang engine sound instead of thinking the game as a whole.

IRONICALLY PS4 does not have any audio output except the 3.5mm jack on the controller. Yeh yeehaww gets woo sound frum the loool 3.5 woo omg.
#FAIL #SONYOWESMEMONEY

Back